Monday, July 13, 2020

Ryan McPhearson, the lead singer in the Colorado band Nightwolf, was critically hurt when a fatal fight broke out over the weekend between two motorcycle gangs at an Arvada restaurant. Investigators said the fight started on the 5800 block of Lamar Street between members of the Hells Angels and the Mongols. William Henderson, 43, of Arvada, died in the shooting and McPhearson was critically hurt. Band members said McPhearson had stepped outside of Jake's for a break when the fight started nearby. He apparently tried to help someone who was getting beaten up and he himself got badly hurt. Band members said the person who McPhearson was trying to help was getting hit with a motorcycle helmet.

Comments

Glad he tried to help, but not that he got a beating for being a Good Samaritan

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-07-13 11:36 PM | Reply

Probably not the smartest decision of his life. Good intensions against very bad people often do not turn out well. I still hope for his recovery though.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-14 05:22 AM | Reply

Daaaaaaang when I was a kid my mom worked in a beer bar frequented by bikers... HA's and the Mongols... geez... the more things change the more they stay the same. Weird tribal mindset the bikers. Uber familial... and even cops know its dangerous to bust up a domestic dispute You can get your back broke up for just watching them fight each other.

#3 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-07-14 05:46 AM | Reply

Very fine people on both sides!!!!!

#4 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-07-14 07:30 AM | Reply

Stories like this is why everybody stands around. Hope he pulls through. I used to go to a place called twin peaks. Kinda like a hooters. They had great wings. Well they had a biker promotion. You can all guess how that turned out.

#5 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-07-14 07:39 AM | Reply

Ironic twist, the Mongols want Trump to build the wall.

#6 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-07-14 07:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Not ironic, just business. They have to compete with Cartels running cheap meth over the border and need to make it more expensive to be competitive. Business advantage via Federal regulation, it's as American as apple pie.

#7 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-14 08:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The Mongols were the reason the Great Wall was built, LOL!

#8 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-07-14 08:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

In a related story, the band's management has announced a re-evaluation of their marketing. In a statement the manager suggested the band would move away from marketing to motorcycle gangs, noting that the demographic, while passionate, usually attempts to trade drugs or women for recordings, while the band members are "..in it only for the money."

#9 | Posted by catdog at 2020-07-14 09:31 AM | Reply

I feel for the guy. However they do cater to the MC crowd and that is a pretty much never a crowd to associate with or be associated with. Jake's is a biker bar and if you look at their show list... Sorry but Biker bars are just bad news. Sure there are a lot of good riders out there - normal people but there is a difference between them and the stereotypical bikers that fill biker bars.

That said Hell's Angels and Mongols fight, unless you want to end up dead: You don't try and break it up. You don't try and help the injured until it is over. If you are smart you get out of dodge or at the very least take cover. The guy he was trying to help was apparently the one that was murdered.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-07-14 10:45 AM | Reply

Moral of the Story...

"Let stupid bikers --- up
stupid bikers..."

Stay out of it...

#11 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-07-14 11:44 AM | Reply

Or - here's an idea. Throw gasoline on them and watch the fun!

These are domestic terrorists - they should all be put down. Hell's Angels, Mongols, MS-13. If you're sporting colors, the national guard should put a bullet in you and your family and friends. A year of treating these POS as they should be treated and national crime rates would go down dramatically.

No you don't have a right to live at the expense of honest hard working people.

#12 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 10:08 PM | Reply

"If you're sporting colors, the national guard should put a bullet in you and your family and friends."

That's stupid. I wear colors riding with the ALR at my American Legion post.

#13 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-14 10:29 PM | Reply

That's stupid. I wear colors riding with the ALR at my American Legion post.

#13 | Posted by willowby

Hell's Angels, Mongols, MS-13 ? Others? Care to explain?

I have no problem with you and your family and friends dying to get rid of some of the drug dealing, forced prostitution, kidnapping, extortion...well you get the idea. Or maybe you're stupid. The US would be better off without you and your associates. Deal with it.

#14 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 10:47 PM | Reply

Why should I care/explain about any of them? They're criminal gangs.

We're not an MC, we're the American Legion for crying out loud. You obviously never served and know nothing of the Legion, so you can KMA. Trying Googling the American Legion Riders. We actually donate more for vets than the Legion does. That's our purpose. Money raised is spent on veteran or community purposes. The MC's leave us alone, as a lot of them are vets. We have chapters at practically every post.

#15 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-14 11:11 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by willowby

Thanks. Actually you did explain it clearly.

#16 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 11:15 PM | Reply

Thanks for not flaming me for speaking my mind.

Sorry for telling you to KMA. Stop in to post 117 in Phoenix and I'll buy you a beer if I'm there.

#17 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-14 11:25 PM | Reply

#17 | Posted by willowby

If I can I will.

I ride a stock 2015 Star Raider S - so make fun of me if you will. I can take it.

#18 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 11:35 PM | Reply

Wide variety of rides, though Harley's are dominant.

2005 ZX-10R Ninja here. Always been a crotch rocket guy. To illustrate how little of a "gang" we are, 350cc is the minimum to get in.

#19 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-14 11:42 PM | Reply

Why would I make fun of a sweet ride like that?

#20 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-14 11:49 PM | Reply

#19 | Posted by willowby

As long as you're on 2 wheels and upright it's all good in my book. I've still got my old V Star 250 - it's not fast but it handles like a dream. As opposed to my Raider which likes to go fast in a straight line but turning is a nightmare.

Keep it out of the buckwheat. I'm done for tonight.

#21 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 11:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why would I make fun of a sweet ride like that?

#20 | Posted by willowby

You might be surprised how many Harley lovers hate on Star cruisers...or maybe not.

#22 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-14 11:56 PM | Reply

Billy_Boy sure is stupid. It's been demonstrated many times in this thread, yet she refuses to concede just how stupid she is.

#23 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 12:06 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The ALR doesn't care. It's what you do, not what you ride.

#24 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-15 12:09 AM | Reply

#23 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE

Did your boyfriend pat you on the head after you posted that :)

#25 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-15 12:19 AM | Reply

#23 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE

Also - you're obviously drunk. You don't make any damn sense. Alcoholic? Probably. Don't ride or drive drunk, even if you don't have anyone who care's about you. You'll hurt or kill someone else who might actually have family or friends who matter.

#26 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-15 12:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1