Wednesday, July 15, 2020

The Trump family has long struggled in its promotion of food products -- or even in their efforts to make their menu items look vaguely edible -- but that didn't stop Ivanka Trump from endorsing a can of Goya Foods black beans on Tuesday night.

Comments

"Violate ethical standards"?

How so, hmmmmm?

Was it really an endorsement? I don't know, it could be, but probably not.

More important to me is why does the left hate beans? Specially Goya beans as I heard Ivanka say there were the best?

I am going to reserve my judgement of total innocence until the national review backs up my opinion

- - jeffberly

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-15 08:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

She's a fart in the wind so it rather apropo that she would peddle foods that make you fart.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-15 08:57 AM | Reply

I eat black beans and rice fairly often but I won't be buying Goya any more. Plenty of other brands to choose from, nothing Goya will ever be in my house again.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-15 09:50 AM | Reply

I will be only purchasing Goya beans going forward.

#4 | Posted by zetaleph at 2020-07-15 10:47 AM | Reply

Why do some of you hate poor people ? Because your hate is only effecting poor people, not the POTUS. But then, you know that.

"Goya is donating 2 million pounds of food to local food banks around the nation in the coming weeks."

www.wbfj.fm

#5 | Posted by rhet at 2020-07-15 11:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Is there any ethical standard the Trumps haven't violated?

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-15 12:43 PM | Reply

Is there any ethical standard the Trumps haven't violated?
#6 | Posted by Corky

They haven't shot anyone on main street in broad daylight. At least, not yet.

#7 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-07-15 12:53 PM | Reply

lol... we do, howsomever, know that if he did, it wouldn't cost him any votes.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-15 01:01 PM | Reply

Is there any ethical standard the Trumps haven't violated?
#6 | Posted by Corky

They haven't shot anyone on main street in broad daylight. At least, not yet.

#7 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-07-15 12:53 PM | Reply | Flag:

lol... we do, howsomever, know that if he did, it wouldn't cost him any votes.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-15 01:01 PM | Reply | Flag:

Except possibly the person or persons he shoots.

#9 | Posted by cbob at 2020-07-15 01:25 PM | Reply

Anything to distract from the Death and Unemployment.On unemployment Ivanka says if Don Jr became an executive vice president with some bar-tending experience and natural talent-maybe regular Americans should take the initiative and change their careers like Don Jr and stop bothering daddy.

#10 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-07-15 01:34 PM | Reply

Announcer: "And finally, Goya Black Beans. Goya Black Beans - 'If It's Goya, It Has To Be Good'."

Drew Carey: "Alright Linda, is the can of beans below or above $1.99?"

#11 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2020-07-15 01:57 PM | Reply

Except possibly the person or persons he shoots.

#9 | Posted by cbob at 2020-07-15 01:25 PM | Re

Unless the dead person is a registered democrat.

#12 | Posted by rhet at 2020-07-15 02:12 PM | Reply

The reason for Ivanka to be pushing GOYA beans....is because Ocasio-Cortez called for a boycott
of the GOYA brand in the hispanic community....after its president Robert Unanue was praising Trump
left and right.....and it's hurting GOYA.........don't buy their products HERDEZ is a better brand
you should try their sauce....mmmmm! It;s delicious.......HERDEZ is better quality 100 time better.

#13 | Posted by saginawmi at 2020-07-15 02:21 PM | Reply

Considering some of you were recently calling for all Mexicans to be deported and a wall to be built behind them, but are now tripping over yourselves in order to support Goya.

I wanted to share some options you have with refried beans.

Top 15 Best Canned Refried Beans To Buy 2020

Best Heat and Serve: Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans
"Great consistency and excellent flavor for any Mexican style meal"

Best From Scratch: SunVista Organic Pinto Beans
"Pinto beans ready for making refried beans from scratch"

Best Budget: Taco Bell Fat Free Refried Beans
"Low-cost option of nutritious and flavorful refried beans"

Best Low Fat: Santa Fe Bean Instant Southwestern Refried Beans
"Such a great price for great thick refried beans without any excess water or oil"

Best Organic: Amy's Organic Refried Beans
"Go all organic now made easy with this Organic Refried Beans from Amy's"

Best Spicy: Old El Paso Refried Spicy Beans
"Right texture with great spice added, ready to heat and serve right away"

Best Low-Sodium: Westbrae Natural Organic Black Beans
"These're best for those who're cutting down on their sodium intake"

Best With Lard: Santiago Smooth Refried Beans
"Nothing artificial, great taste and consistency with lard added"

www.thebreslin.com

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 02:38 PM | Reply

What kind of loser buys "Taco Bell" brand refried beans when you can make them yourself?

Oh, hey Sack.

#15 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 03:05 PM | Reply

Oddly enough. All I did was post a survey.

Taco Bell stood out to you? I wonder why.

Regardless. I prefer Rosarita Refried Beans. They got Traditional Style. Spicy. And the green hatch chilies. All good choices.

I usually fry it and add some tomato sauce. Really makes it tasty. Especially with some good tortilla chips. Put some shredded cheese in there. So good!

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 03:16 PM | Reply

I like to add a little chorizo, not too much, just enough to flavor them. Great with some cheese and salsa rolled up in a fresh tortilla.

#17 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 03:19 PM | Reply

I like to add a little chorizo, not too much, just enough to flavor them.

Chorizo is fantastic. I usually eat it with eggs for breakfast.

I'll try it with beans. I'm sure it adds incredible flavor.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 03:22 PM | Reply

You know what I do like to make.

Baked beans with thick cut bacon bits.

Literally got me thinking about it as I was contemplating chorizo with friend beans.

Also in the cooking world adventures.

I've had a deep fryer for turkey, 8 years now.

Finally started using it for other foods. Deep fried some fish. Turned out incredible.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 03:34 PM | Reply

@clownshack, have your tried an air fryer? Completely changes the cooking game

#20 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-07-15 03:36 PM | Reply

#19 - I'm sure you'll love it.

I inherited a deep fryer that I haven't used yet. My latest kitchen gadget was a deli slicer I used on some med. rare roast beef off the smoker. Someday I'll get around to using that fryer. I love fried fish.

#21 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 03:52 PM | Reply

@clownshack, have your tried an air fryer?

Dude! My friend made me chicken wings and fries in his air fryer!

They were incredible!

I have been meaning to get myself one.

Also. My cousin and her husband have been raving about their instant pot. Haven't tried anything made in it yet. But they're very pleased.

#22 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 03:55 PM | Reply

Wow! Homemade deli meats?

I've never even contemplated such a fantastic concept.

Plus. Love roast beef, or corned beef, or pastrami.

With potatoes and cabbage.

There's an Irish restaurant/pub I went to a lot in my early twenties.

Really made some great food.

Their homemade chips with malt vinegar ( instead of ketchup) are the best.

#23 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 04:00 PM | Reply

2 million pounds you say?
Wow. That means 4 million of America's neediest gets half a can of beans!

What a bonanza!

2 million pounds must be about 0.01% of their inventory. Our great nation should be appreciative of the handout. Beggars can't be choosers, after all

Make America needy Again

#24 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-15 04:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#23 - I seared a beef round roast with just salt and pepper, then rubbed it with garlic paste, set on a pan of veggies in beef broth in the smoker that I used to make a dipping jus for French dip sammies with just melted provolone and horseradish mustard. Slicer was totally worth it, got a decent quality one for about 150.

#25 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 04:08 PM | Reply

Sorry for the off topic posts.

#26 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 04:12 PM | Reply

Dude. That sounds incredible. Bet it tastes amazing. Especially sliced up on a nice baguette. Dipped in its own Jus. Mouth is watering.

As for off topic, I'd say this discussion happened pretty naturally.

The article is about Mexican food.

We're talking food.

#27 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 04:32 PM | Reply

#27, true, lol.

#28 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 04:35 PM | Reply

You guys are making me hungry. I love Mexican food. Well, all kinds of food, actually. And it's starting to show... At the age of 16 I was 6 feet tall and 145 pounds. All skin and bones. Wiry, like Barney Fife used to say. Now I'm 6'1" and 190 pounds. Not so wiry. Apparently that last inch was the problem!

#29 | Posted by cbob at 2020-07-15 04:41 PM | Reply

#29 - Not to sound stereotypical, but Mexicans know how to eat. I'm fortunate to have some close Mexican friends, they have introduced me to such things as having carnitas.. for breakfast! Carnitas and menudo, that's what you want in the morning after a night out.

#30 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 04:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Cbob remember: it's not a beer belly, it's an Energy Wheel.

The Power Core is where Old Man Strength comes from. A force of nature to be cultivated, not trimmed away like ear hair*.

*where TF did that --- come from these past few years??

#31 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-07-15 05:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Does anybody think the Trumps buy Goya or know who it's named after?

If you want to individually boycott a product for whatever reason, fine. I'm ok with international boycotts for misbehaving nations as well. But I don't agree with organized boycotts of a product simply because the owner has a different political stance.

#32 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2020-07-15 05:20 PM | Reply

Does anybody think the Trumps buy Goya

They didn't use to.

If only liberals attacked education, conservatives would go get one.

#33 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-15 05:27 PM | Reply

#32 - don't know about the eating habits of the kids, but I do know Trump likes his steaks well done. Why isn't that being investigated?

#34 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-15 05:33 PM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BYCRISISSTILLS

"A different political stance" is a pretty watered-down description of Trump and the GOP.

It's like saying John Wilkes Booth had a "disagreement" with Abe Lincoln.

#35 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-15 05:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

By all means, do take away Ivanka's government pay check to punish her....

#36 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-07-15 11:37 PM | Reply

Oops: Ivanka Trump Actually Isn't Earning a Cent by Working at the White House

Than again, maybe the left just hates Hispanics and their products - so go for it as i am sure going after GOYA is a winning move for the left.......

#37 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-07-15 11:41 PM | Reply

apnews.com

SHANGHAI (AP) " The Chinese government granted 18 trademarks to companies linked to President Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka Trump over the last two months, Chinese public records show, raising concerns about conflicts of interest in the White House.

The WH salary is peanuts compared to the emoluments gravy.

OOPS

#38 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-07-15 11:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

There should be a Constitutional amendment to make it illegal.

#39 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-07-15 11:53 PM | Reply

" Ivanka Trump Actually Isn't Earning a Cent by Working at the White House"

Republican Math at its worst.

You're ignoring the folks lifting your wallet, while concentrating on the penny they left on the ground.

#40 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-16 01:40 AM | Reply

You idiots have lost your minds.

Your favorite new method of "pwning teh libzzzz" is buying a can of beans?

Wow...

#41 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-07-16 05:35 AM | Reply

I mean..

Enjoy your,,,, can of beans,,, I guess...

#42 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-07-16 05:36 AM | Reply

Beanies for the right winged weinies.

#43 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-16 06:33 AM | Reply

What a shameless, pandering-to-Hispanics stunt by Trump and daughter..

#44 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-07-16 07:27 AM | Reply

There should be a Constitutional amendment to make it illegal.

I agree, but Bill Barr would make sure nothing was done about it anyway so...

#45 | Posted by JOE at 2020-07-16 07:30 AM | Reply

#32 | POSTED BY CRISISSTILLS AT 2020-07-15 05:20 PM | FLAG:

Do you think the people now happy to boycott Goya remember MyPlate? I doubt it, too white. It's when they partnered with Michelle Obama to bring good nutrition to hispanic and black communities. Republicans were throwing a hissy fit at the time so their kids could eat smarties out of a vending machine for lunch.

#46 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-16 08:55 AM | Reply

eat smarties out of a vending machine for lunch.

#46 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

I remember that crazy----------- fcck from Alaska showing up at schools with sugar cookies and morons everywhere saying she was presidential for doing it.

#47 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-07-16 09:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#3 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2020-07-15 09:50 AM

Agreed. Ironically, I am going through the canned stuff to donate today.

of the GOYA brand in the hispanic community
....after its president Robert Unanue was praising Trump
#13 | POSTED BY SAGINAWMI AT 2020-07-15 02:21 PM

Cool beans.

#48 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-07-16 02:46 PM | Reply

Wont promoting this affect the ozone layer? Global warming?

#49 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-07-16 06:51 PM | Reply

"We applaud this move!" - Those who fan the bed sheets after letting one loose

#50 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-07-16 06:55 PM | Reply