Monday, July 27, 2020

'You Do the Right Things, and Still You Get It' -- A Texas family tried to ward off the virus. But as cases in the state soared and debates about masks and distancing raged, there was only so much they could control.

Comments

The words "hand stitched masks" caught my attention. They rank one notch above bandannas in effectiveness.

#1 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-27 01:19 PM | Reply

FREEDUMB!

I have the absolute right to refuse to wear a mask so I can kill other people.

#2 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-07-27 02:05 PM | Reply

F the selfish s1tbags that did this to her.

I hope they die in a fire.

#3 | Posted by Tor at 2020-07-27 05:18 PM | Reply

FREEDUMB!
I have the absolute right to refuse to wear a mask so I can kill other people, with no personal consequences , or personal responsibility for my lethal choice.

FTFY

#4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2020-07-27 05:22 PM | Reply

Heartbreaking.

And only 149,999 sad tragic stories to go..

If I started now and each story took five minutes of my life to read I could finish reading them all in about a month. That is. If I read them 24 hours a day for 30 days. But. Even then I wouldn't be done. Because there would be 10s of thousands more by then.

Trumptilian Criminal Negligence.

The gift that keeps on killing.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-07-27 06:15 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

All Texans should be able to find some comfort in Texas Lt. Gov Dan Patrick's kind words:
"There are more important than living."

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-27 08:16 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by Twinpac

They achieve the same thing as a surgical mask.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-27 10:19 PM | Reply

Too bad the selfish ----- who spread it will probably never know.

Because that person deserves to not only know what they did for the rest of their lives but also they should be treated appropriately as the selfish ------- they are.

#8 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-27 10:20 PM | Reply

Too many people here in AZ still not masking up. Every place has signs saying mask required for entry, yet I always see people sauntering in unmasked. Time to bum rush these people out since the establishments seem reluctant to enforce it.

#9 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-27 10:40 PM | Reply

JPW @ #7

"They achieve the same thing as a surgical mask."

Only if they're machine made from a very dense thread count and triple layered. I know, I experimented with a lot of them because I wanted to help out with the shortage. Then I worried that my machine stitched masks were, much like the surgical masks we see so much of, giving people a false sense of security. So I stopped sewing them and started buying N95 masks and giving them away to people I knew who had a serious underlying condition but were still using those surgical masks that protected other people but didn't protect THEM at all.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-27 11:46 PM | Reply

"only 149,999 sad tragic stories to go. If I started now and each story took five minutes of my life to read I could finish reading them all in about a month. That is. If I read them 24 hours a day for 30 days."

Your math is off.

At 5 minutes apiece, 24 hours a day, you'd only get through 8,640 in 30 days. It would take almost a year and a half to get to 150,000. And as long as the death rate is more than 288 a day...

...you'd never catch up.

#11 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-28 12:51 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

You do realize your thinking is about two months out of date, right?

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-28 09:17 AM | Reply