Thursday, July 30, 2020

"In the words of my predecessor, speaking, we hold China as a potential trading partner, as a country that has pulled millions, tens of millions, of people out of poverty in a short period of time, and as a country growing into a respectable nation among other nations," Feinstein said.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Just like Joe. Rapidly declining mental faculties.

Comments

You still won't condemn Nixon for opening trade with China.
This startling move by a Republican President was instrumental in the exponential economic growth China has seen in the past decades.

When are you going to blame the GOP for what they've done to you, Willowby?

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-30 11:55 PM | Reply

Who knew Snoofy was a Nixon fan?

#2 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-07-31 12:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You're a lying idiot, snoofy.

I've repeatedly said Nixon should have been impeached for opening up to the communist Chinese dictatorship.

Since you're Wu Mao, you loved it.

#3 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-31 12:37 AM | Reply

So why are you a Republican, Willowby?
Your party sold your family and your country out. Why reward them for that?

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-31 12:50 AM | Reply

"Wu Mao"

had to look that one up:
www.urbandictionary.com
"People paid by the Chinese communist regime to comment on posts about China and the Chinese people that promote the Communist party line."

^
It's funny how this is universally accepted as a real phenomenon
But when people say Russia is paying people to post on social media, or turned the NRA into a propaganda arm of the Russian government, conservatives are like "What? No way! And ow would that even work, even if it were true."

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-31 12:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Typical 50 cent tactic. People that pay attention know it's a fact, not a "phenomenon". You show your true colors on any story about the slave laboring, organ thieving, baby soup making, concentration camp operating communist Chinese dictatorship.

#6 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-31 01:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"...you're Wu Mao"

Can you taste the stupid when you post something that dumb?

#7 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-31 01:07 AM | Reply

"Typical 50 cent tactic."

Oh, I get it now:

Willowby is Wu Republican.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-31 01:08 AM | Reply

You're too stupid to fathom what I'm talking about.

#9 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-31 01:09 AM | Reply

I doubt you've ever got anything in your life.

#10 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-31 01:11 AM | Reply

He's convinced I'm a Chinese agent, since I take the time to engage him.

"Wu Republican" is apt.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-31 01:11 AM | Reply

People that pay attention know it's a fact, not a "phenomenon".

Yes, it's certainly a fact.
I'm just not one of them.
I'm about as un-Chinese as an American can get.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-31 01:13 AM | Reply

"You're too stupid to fathom what I'm talking about."

If Snoofy was Wu Mao, that's all he'd be posting about. You're either a moron, or doing a near-perfect impression of one.

#13 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-31 01:17 AM | Reply

I worked for the Department of Defense, so if I'm Wu Mao, I sure pulled the wool over their eyes!

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-31 01:19 AM | Reply

... Feinstein calls communist China respectable ...

Sen Feinstein did not say that China was respectable.

She said that China was growing into a respectable nation.

Significant difference.

After reading her comments, in some respects I agree with her, in other respects I disagree.

#15 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-31 11:03 AM | Reply

Trumpy complimented China 37 times!

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

1:18 PM Jan 24, 2020

"Working closely with China and others on Coronavirus outbreak. Only 5 people in U.S., all in good recovery."

2:04 PM Jan 30, 2020

Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy,

....he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

2:31 AM Feb 7, 2020

Q Are you concerned that China is covering up the full extent of coronavirus?

Trump No. China is working very hard. Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about -- mostly about the coronavirus. They're working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They're in touch with World -- the World -- World Organization. CDC also. We're working together. But World Health is working with them. CDC is working with them. I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.

"I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we're working on the -- the problem, the virus. It's a -- it's a very tough situation. But I think he's going to handle it. I think he's handled it really well. We're helping wherever we can. But we have a great relationship. It's incredible."

And I spoke with President Xi of China, and he's working very hard on this. It's a tremendous problem. But they're very capable and they'll -- they'll get to it. There's a theory that, in April, when it gets warm -- historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don't know yet; we're not sure yet. But that's around the corner, so that'll be a great thing in China and other places."

And on and on ad nauseam.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-07-31 12:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Related: China & Uighurs: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) 5,577,129 viewsJul 26, 2020

#17 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-07-31 04:41 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by willowby

He isn't paid. He sold his soul for nothing at all.

#18 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-31 05:07 PM | Reply

Imagine if it emerged that the Republican chairman of the House or Senate intelligence committee had a Russian spy working on their staff. Think it would cause a political firestorm? Well, this month we learned that Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) had a Chinese spy on her staff who worked for her for about 20 years, was listed as an "office director" on payroll records and served as her driver when she was in San Francisco, all while reporting to China's Ministry of State Security through China's San Francisco Consulate. The reaction of the mainstream media? Barely a peep.

#19 | Posted by homerj at 2020-08-01 01:12 PM | Reply

China is looking 50 years into the future and planning accordingly. That's respectable, and something we should be doing in this country.

But we have Trump, and Trump can't even think about 10 minutes into the future.

#20 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-08-01 01:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Democrats love Communist dictatorships. History has proven this time and again.

#21 | Posted by zetaleph at 2020-08-01 09:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Democrats love Communist dictatorships."

Not as much as Nixon loved them!
Right, Willowby? :)

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-01 09:53 PM | Reply

"Democrats love Communist dictatorships."

So does Trump, until he learned he couldn't postpone the date of his reelection, like the Communist dictatorship of China can.

Then, he was totally against China postponing their election. But only then.

JFC, ZETALEPH, you're too easy.

#23 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-08-01 10:00 PM | Reply

#23 That is nonsensical BS.

#24 | Posted by zetaleph at 2020-08-01 10:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You're right. That's why he was worse than leftist swine.

#25 | Posted by willowby at 2020-08-01 10:36 PM | Reply

Oh, so you vote for the greater of two evils!
Well, I suppose I can see the logic in that.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-01 10:39 PM | Reply

Nixon was before my time. My first vote was mine and the country's biggest mistake in my life. I voted for Jimmy Carter.

#27 | Posted by willowby at 2020-08-01 10:47 PM | Reply

Trump makes Jimmy Carter look like an economic genius.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-01 11:03 PM | Reply