Saturday, August 01, 2020

James Murdoch has resigned from the board of News Corp. His resignation letter states, "My resignation is due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company's news outlets and certain other strategic decisions."

Comments

Didn't see that coming. But god damn telling, if you ask me. Granted, he was the libby of the family/group, right?

#1 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-07-31 07:41 PM | Reply

---- me, I'll answer my own question:

Back in January, a spokesperson for James and his wife Kathryn gave a statement to The Daily Beast saying, "Kathryn and James' views on climate are well established and their frustration with some of the News Corp and Fox coverage of the topic is also well known. They are particularly disappointed with the ongoing denial among the news outlets in Australia given obvious evidence to the contrary."

Clearly a lib.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-07-31 07:42 PM | Reply

Retribution. Yes, there will be some. You openly treat the rest of the world with disdain, you better believe someone has made a mental note.

#3 | Posted by cbob at 2020-08-01 01:13 PM | Reply

Always happy to welcome a convert.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-01 01:13 PM | Reply

A Murdoch with a conscience! How refreshing and hopeful. I salute you James!

#5 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-01 01:15 PM | Reply

Rats don't like sinking ships.

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-01 01:17 PM | Reply