Monday, August 03, 2020

Since March, the U.S.-Canada border has been closed to all but essential traffic in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus. But Americans lied in order to cross the border, claiming that they are heading to Alaska to circumvent the new regulations. But because so many Americans are using the so-called "Alaska loophole," authorities have increased restrictions.

Comments

1) Canadians build wall and make Americans pay for it.

2) Trump declares victory against the foreign menace.

3) GOP offers free lobotomies to all so that we can all forget what it felt like to have a leader who was smarter than toe-jam.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2020-08-03 04:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

I actually saw an Alaska plate in Saskatchewan on my way back from Ontario a couple of weeks ago.

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-08-03 05:11 PM | Reply

An Americam illegal alien.

#3 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-08-03 08:57 PM | Reply

An American illegal alien, so deadly.

#4 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-08-03 08:59 PM | Reply

It's nice to see folks doing what they can to reinforce the "American boor" stereotype.

#5 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2020-08-03 09:34 PM | Reply

What's a Canadadian?

#6 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-08-03 09:34 PM | Reply

Illegal Emigration will be a real problem for America.

#7 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-08-03 09:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What's a Canadadian?

It's the same as a canuckanuk.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-08-03 09:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

He misspelled it. I doubt it was supposed to be a part of a doctoral thesis.

#9 | Posted by willowby at 2020-08-03 10:42 PM | Reply

He misspelled it.

Really?! I had never even considered that. I bow to your enormous brain.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-08-04 12:43 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

I've always loved Canada. The bit SNL did on Weekend Update after 9/11 was hilarious.

I don't remember it verbatim, but it went something like this:

"Americans are concerned with terrorists. But the most dangerous threat facing America? Canadians. Native Americans called them 'skinwalkers' They walk among us unnoticed." (ph)

#11 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-08-04 03:08 AM | Reply

What do you want to bet they will build a wall and make us pay for it... one way or another... you just watch!

#12 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-08-04 03:28 AM | Reply

RIGHT/TRITE

"What do you want to bet they will build a wall and make us pay for it... one way or another."

Canada doesn't dislike America. It's Trump they dislike.

Like every other ally that Trump has managed to antagonize, Canada is watching the countdown clock , hoping December 3rd will be the end of this lunatic.

America shares their sentiments.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-04 04:33 AM | Reply

I realize that about Canada... I truly love Canada... I lived in Alaska for many years and loved packing my own hot sauce and traveling south of the border into Canadaland... sort of an AK joke...

... okay... so you had to be there

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-08-04 06:36 AM | Reply

TRITE

A short story about Canada:

When I was a teenager and lived in a small town in West Virginia, a eccentric man in town seemed to live better than most without any visible means of income. However, he disappeared every summer. My Dad was closer to him than anybody else so I got the inside skinny as to the source of his wealth. It was a gold mine in the wilds of Canada that he never registered and never disclosed it's location.

The short story is that as my Dad's friend grew older and could no longer work the mine he invited my Dad to accompany him on his last trip. I was allowed to tag along. The old man and my Dad both passed away, never disclosing the location. To the best of my knowledge I am the last person alive who knows the location of the mine. I never went back and I never told anybody.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-04 10:32 AM | Reply

I can believe that... Canada has lots of wilds.

#16 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-08-05 01:04 AM | Reply

That's a great story Twin!

#17 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-05 08:23 AM | Reply