Monday, August 03, 2020

A woman who deliberately coughed on someone at Pier 1 in a video that went viral was arrested for assault just over a week ago.

Comments

Sprague said she started recording the Hunter because she was "screaming, swearing, insulting, and threatening the staff" as she demanded to return an item she didn't have with her.

"When she positioned herself so the clerks couldn't exit the checkout area and screamed that she would stay right there, yelling as loud as she wanted, until all their customers left," Sprague said.

"I stood at a distance, pulled out my phone and wordlessly began filming. She immediately turned her attention away from the staff to me."

www.newsweek.com

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-08-03 05:16 PM | Reply

What the ---- is wrong with those people?

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-08-03 05:29 PM | Reply

These are Trump's people.

The worst of humanity.

All gathered behind the worst president in the history of America.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-08-03 05:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

"What the ---- is wrong with those people?"

I'd love real data on did they get spanked by their parents.

I'd wager they did, since here they are acting out, after having taught as a child to pass along harm to others.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-03 05:35 PM | Reply

Too bad the victim didn't have a gun and put one right between the eyes of the cougher.
I mean Florida and the "stand your ground" and all.

#5 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-08-03 07:14 PM | Reply

Mask-less Trumpublicans are akin to lemmings dashing for the cliff unfortunately carrying many innocent Americans along in their wake. They should be made to empty the bedpans in a COVID-19 ward.

No mask, no mercy. Jail time.

#6 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-08-03 07:55 PM | Reply

Friend of Gracie's.

#7 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-03 07:58 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 2

"Hunter had been arguing with a cashier about returning an item that was not in her possession..."

WTF!

I really hope this coughee remains unaffected by this cougher assh-le.
The Court should have not only raised her bail ($753 bond? Really?) but should have mandated a COVID-19 test before releasing her.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-03 08:29 PM | Reply

YAV

" but should have mandated a COVID-19 test before releasing her."

If she was arrested for "assault" and the assault was coughing, then the cough was the weapon just like any other weapon.

She definitely should have been tested. I'm not sure it's legal to force-test someone. One of our legal-eagles on this site could answer that.

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-04 01:58 AM | Reply

Typical Trump voter. Angry, rude, unconcerned with anyone else but herself, devoid of empathy, etc.

In early April, my wife, wearing a mask, was at the store. Same type of ----- walked by and fake coughed.

#10 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-08-04 03:15 AM | Reply

OMG! Why would anyone embarrass themself like that. That woman will have to live with that forever. She will regret it forever. She may spend time in jail. All because someone told her she should be wearing a mask? Thank you Donald Trump, you have made being an a*****e a political statement. Can anyone argue that she is a Biden voter?

#11 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-04 08:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Hey Karen--that's a good way to get beaten with a softball bat in the parking lot...

#12 | Posted by catdog at 2020-08-04 09:23 AM | Reply

but should have mandated a COVID-19 test before releasing her.

#8 | POSTED BY YAV

And if she tested positive she should be charged accordingly. Though she could be charged even if negative.

Assault with a deadly weapon? Attempted manslaughter? Terrorism?

On a national level the US Justice Department announced that any individual who purposefully spreads COVID-19 could be charged with terrorism for the "purposeful exposure and infection of others."

"An 18-year-old woman was arrested the week of April 6 after allegedly claiming on Snapchat that she was intentionally spreading COVID-19, according to a San Antonio news outlet."

@She turned herself in to the Carrollton Police Department the morning of April 7. Her bond was set at $20,000 and she was taken to jail. She allegedly told police she was COVID-19 negative, but will be ordered into a 21-day quarantine once released from jail."

www.criminal-defense-dui.lawyer

Karma is a bitty.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-04 09:30 AM | Reply

These anti maskers remind me of when a neighbor asked me to stop hitting a ball in his yard and then climbing the fence the retrieve it so as soon as he turned away I threw the ball over his fence. He looked at me with complete shock and I said "I didn't hit it over that time".

My excuse is that I was jerky little kid. What excuse do these people have?

#14 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-08-04 06:53 PM | Reply