Thursday, August 06, 2020

Jim Sciutto: Amid escalating tensions with both North Korea and Iran, President Donald Trump's advisers hesitated to give him military options fearing the President might accidentally take the US to war and deliberately informed their counterparts in both countries that they did not know what the President would do next, multiple former administration officials tell me.

Comments

Not sure why we'd expect anything else from a draft dodging Bunker B____ who's so intellectually and morally stunted that he repeatedly asks why he can't use nuclear weapons.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2020-08-07 12:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-08-07 03:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"They might want to put those plastic plugs in the outlets so Benedict Donald doesn't stick a fork in them."

When I was still a teenager I babysat several different families' kids. One child had actually put his tongue into an outlet and was burned around his mouth quite badly, not while I was babysitting him though, thank God! He recovered well though and it didn't seem to leave noticeable scars though I imagine his memories of that must have been horrible. He was only about 4 years old and I still think of him to this day.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-07 08:22 AM | Reply

People who persist in calling this psychopath a dove are as dangerous as he is.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2020-08-07 08:49 AM | Reply

The fact is that Trump still has time to make a couple of million people dead in Korea or elsewhere. All it will really take is one of his famous brain-farts that he will personally benefit from it.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2020-08-07 09:09 AM | Reply

As an amateur electrician I used to tell people that those plugs kept the electrons from spilling on to the floor, and running up their electric bill.

#6 | Posted by Name_is_No_One at 2020-08-07 09:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

The October Surprise will probably be a war of some sort.

#7 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-08-07 10:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What kind of nutcase tweets this about himself?

pic.twitter.com/JDS4zUXXJG" Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 4, 2020

I think these Trump advisors were wise.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-07 10:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The October Surprise will probably be a war of some sort.

#7 | POSTED BY SOMEBODYELSE

We don't know what the surprise will be.

But it will be a Bigly one. Tremendous. The best surprise ever. Everyone is saying it will be awesome. That's what they say. And you know it. Trust me. It will be the best surprise. Better than any surprise Obama could think of. Better than sleepy joe. I took the Test Joe and I found the elephant. Can you find the elephant? I didn't think so.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-07 01:13 PM | Reply

Well, I'm glad that Der Dotard has the right people working for him. Imagine the wars we would be in if he had a bunch of toadies and sycophants on board. Oh Wait...

Another day, another inconceivable situation becomes--or almost becomes--reality, in Trump World. My reading of this report tells me that there a folks at the top of the US Military establishment who hold Trump and his cabal at arm's length, and are very hesitant to kowtow to them and their hare-brained musings. Those military leaders could be the ones arriving at the White House next January to direct troops to escort Trump, Pence and their families and employees out of the building, all empty-handed...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2020-08-07 01:41 PM | Reply

The October Surprise will be the Durham Repoprt.
But not the actual report. That won't say anything substantial.
Barr will, however, fabricate all that Trump could possibly hope for, and give a press conference and lie, lie, lie, lie, lie.
Fox, TrumpTV, other RW sites will pick up that narrative and broadcast it over and over.

October Surprise:
In October 1972, despite a sizable lead in all the pre-election polls, President Richard Nixon had his national security advisor, Henry Kissinger, convene a press conference a mere 12 days before the November 7th presidential election to announce that "peace is at hand" in Vietnam.

Peace wasn't at hand.
Truth to Republicans back then didn't matter much then, and today truth is actively discounted and despised by Trump and his base.

#11 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-07 02:33 PM | Reply

Donnerboy wins the internet for today.

Bigly.

#12 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2020-08-07 07:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#3 | POSTED BY DANNI

No doubt he has horrible memories.

I remember very vividly a similar experience that happened over 40 years ago.. When I was 3yrs old, unsupervised on a Saturday morning, I shoved a bobby pin into a wall outlet to see what would happen. Nothing happened at all...until I attempted to pull it back out! I received a massive jolt to my thumb with black burn marks on the thumb and the wall around the plate cover. I remember being scared of the shock and even more scared I would get my a-- beat for it.

It took over 20 years for me to not wince whenever I plugged something into an outlet. To this day I have an extremely healthy respect for electricity. If I have to replace a receptacle, instead of just shutting off that circuit; yep, I shut the main breaker off for the whole damn house! Some things just stick with ya forever.

#13 | Posted by LiquidCake at 2020-08-07 07:23 PM | Reply