Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Niki Solis, a public defender for over two decades, is a deputy public defender in San Francisco and was a manager in the public defender's office when Kamala Harris served as San Francisco district attorney: As a public defender for 24 years, I examined, critiqued and battled Kamala Harris when she was the San Francisco district attorney. Simply put, Harris was the most progressive prosecutor in the state. This is not an anecdotal opinion. It is based on facts.

Comments

As San Francisco DA, Harris refused to seek the death penalty - even on a case where a very respected police officer was tragically killed. Marijuana sales cases were routinely reduced to misdemeanors. And marijuana possession cases were not even on the court's docket. They were simply not charged. Unless there was a large grow case, or a unique circumstance, this was the reform-minded approach then-DA Harris' office took. The accusations about marijuana prosecutions being harsh during her tenure are absurd. The reality was quite the opposite.

Sen. Harris' progressive approach did not end with marijuana prosecutions or lack thereof. She co-founded the Coalition to End the Exploitation of Kids. She then spearheaded a task force combating the human trafficking of girls. She implemented and expanded programs that are now the staple of many DA offices up and down the state. Just last month in California, Santa Clara County DA Jeff Rosen said he would no longer seek the death penalty. This comes 16 years after Harris took the same stance in San Francisco.

Harris also formalized a court for young adults charged with felonies that resulted in them avoiding a conviction and getting a second chance. She brought in a stalwart progressive community organizer by hiring Lateefah Simon to lead that initiative, a diversionary program called Back on Track that set nonviolent offenders on a path to a new job and helped them rebuild within their communities. Back on Track still exists today and has been a pathway for many young adults to avoid the ravages of a felony conviction or incarceration.

For those who have heard contrary arguments about Harris' past work as a prosecutor, rest assured that you are hearing this from someone whose life's work has been dedicated to the cause of equality and justice. I am the chair of the San Francisco Public Defender's Office Racial Justice Committee and have scratched and clawed for some semblance of justice in our courts for well over two decades.

Looks like Joe Biden is a lot better informed about his Vice Presidential pick than are many of his critics.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-11 10:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#1 | POSTED BY TONYROMA

She could have done so much more. Much of that you listed is not even based in 'lefty' philosophy. For instance, not utilizing capital punishment for prosecutions is not solely a liberal philosophy; in a state like California, it's simply a fiscally conservative philosophy.

Sorry, Tony. From my perspective, Biden could have done better. A (well written) article is not going to convince me otherwise after witnessing her track record in real time.

Needless to say, I support her and Biden over Trump, which is right in line with most others on this site, who also just so happen to be Biden critics. Hence, you hardly need me (and those others here) to be someone to be convinced.

It is what it is.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-08-11 10:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Cool beans Rsty., but the more I learn, the more impressed I am.

It's simply amazing that a woman with her background has risen as far as she has. Black people by and large aren't going to judge her on what she did as prosecutor, they will feel unquestioned pride in her ascent to the pinnacle of America. And she was chosen by a white septuagenarian patriarch of the old guard at the twilight of his career. This is a monumental recognition to all Black Democratic Women.

And she very well may become the first woman President of the United States. As a woman of color. Raised by a divorced mother. Ran the largest justice department outside of DC. Was elected to the U.S. Senate.

IOW, in millions of American homes this evening, Kamala Harris being picked as Biden's VP choice is a BFG to women and little girls all over. If you think that what I just said is hyperbole, check back after the VP debates.

And I hope you see the clips of Kamala from the Democratic Debates last year. She shreds Trump into mincemeat with nothing but the truth as any seasoned prosecutor would. She deserves the spot just for these. She's almost at Steve Schmidt level eloquent arse-kicking.

#3 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-11 11:01 PM | Reply

This is a monumental recognition to all Black Democratic Women.

Apparently, it would have still been that without (specifically) Harris' pick. I mean, that was the message all along, right? It was pretty clear, not only was Biden going to pick a woman, but it would a nonwhite woman. With that said, I have to say your celebration could have taken place a couple of months ago without actually knowing the official pick.

The only reason I would lean towards hyperbole is because of what I stated above. It was a forgone conclusion that Biden/DNC would pick a female candidate who is nonwhite.

She's almost at Steve Schmidt level eloquent arse-kicking.
#3 | POSTED BY TONYROMA

Forgive me, but I don't put nearly as much stock into the debates as many people do. Especially this go around: People who claim to be on the fence this year are completely ------- lying. No debate is going to change anyone's minds, IMO. Sure, as you have described, there is massive enthusiasm for one group of Americans today: young female, nonwhite voters. The rest of us? Not nearly as much. But, again, those of us in California are not the ones you need to convince. California will gladly hand its 55 electoral votes to Biden/Harris 2020 without my support; though, this is not a suggestion that I would ever vote for Trump. You see, in CA, one can vote his conscience knowing California's electoral votes will be handed to the Dem candidate. Even though my vote doesn't count, at least I don't have to pinch my nose while I select Biden's box.

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-08-11 11:14 PM | Reply

I think you're underestimating how seismic this is going to end up being. Unfortunately, it'll depend upon which narrative takes hold - the truth of Harris' career, warts and all, or the invented version the right is already pushing as some left wing radical puppet. And Trump said she was "anti-petroleum products" today as well. (Give 'em time, they're working on the messaging.....smh)

If I'm wrong, we'll know it by the time the post convention polls come out.

I agree there aren't any real fencesitters. And covid will continue to get worse and worse because Trump refuses to do anything about it but try and talk it into submission. I'm still of the belief that there is only one issue and it's the pandemic. And Trump cannot defeat it, hence he will not win.

#5 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-11 11:24 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by tonyroma

After Trump's claim "Biden is out to hurt The Bible and God," who's going to take his accusations seriously? Especially on the heels of the COVID-19 denying that got us in the jam we're in as an entire nation thanks to Trump.

By now, almost everyone knows Trump lies all the time. 40% don't care, the other 60% of us do.

#6 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-08-11 11:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And Trump cannot defeat it, hence he will not win.
#5 | POSTED BY TONYROMA

I subscribed to that mantra months ago and have not witnessed any reason to unsubscribe, including (and especially) today's news. She has a lot of convincing to do to ensure folks like me are not going to experience a regression in the progressive steps we've made (especially in California) to move away from the Tough on Crime policies of the 80s and 90s that Biden has direct responsibility for. We criminal justice reform advocates are not looking forward to Trump/Pence versus Biden/Harris as contending tickets in the 21st century. This was HARDLY what we were hoping for almost 4 years ago when Trump was elected.

Granted, I'm no longer a single issue voter, criminal justice reform is still the number one issue that I speak out about. And for good god damn reason. Just please understand, people with my perspective don't have much to celebrate tonight. Which explains my insistence that she convince the likes of me that she HAS evolved. She better hammer the existence of institutional racism, aimed directly at Bill Barr. Should she sit back on her laurels like Biden has done (of which, I do appreciate since Trump has ---- all over himself while Biden has hid in the basement - a good move on Biden's part), I will be even more disappointed. She may not have a lot to answer for from your perspective, but she does from mine, regardless of the beneficial programs she implemented. That sort of stuff is not new in California since they switched to developing evidenced-based policy.

#7 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-08-11 11:38 PM | Reply

I believe in trying to take as expansive of a 360 degree view of someone as I possibly can with the limited amount of information available at any given time. Lives are both long and complicated, they seldom occur without mistakes of both commission and omission.

As it regards what I've learned about Harris so far, I see a woman of incredible accomplishment for this time and place, who has been able to navigate the male-dominated world of local, state, and now national law and politics without energizing too many powerful enemies or leaving too many allies behind in disgust.

Based on this article, I see someone who both understands and supports criminal justice reform - perhaps not as vociferously or vigorously as some would have liked to see from her prosecutorial positions - and is fully aware of how the public's mood and notions have changed during these historic times that have brought millions onto American streets calling for systemic change, something we've never seen before.

I see a woman who appears to be both prepared and willing to learn on the job, always trying to better herself. The reason I asked so many questions about her executive skills is because the day-to-day functioning of our vast federal bureaucracy may not be sexy, but it is vital to the everyday lives of citizens in ways individual specific policies never are. So stewarding the ship is equally important as choosing its direction in my book.

On much of the rest, I guess we'll just have to see what transpires. But I have exponentially more faith in Joe and Kamala than I do in Trump and Pence.

#8 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 07:44 AM | Reply

"But I have exponentially more faith in Joe and Kamala than I do in Trump and Pence."

Or, to be more precise, Trump and Kushner. Pence is basically window dressing. Jared is the real power, and the source of much bad judgement, incompetence and corruption, behind the throne.

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-08-12 07:52 AM | Reply

"Harris and I talked about my client and the exploitation of young girls happening on a constant basis. Unlike her predecessors, she did something about it. She stopped prosecuting young girls for prostitution " acknowledging that they were victims who needed treatment for trauma and not criminals who needed to be incarcerated."

but...

"When Harris got to Congress, she kept up her crusade, becoming a big proponent of the 2018 law known as SESTA-FOSTA. The result was that many sex workers no choice but to return to the streets, where soliciting clients is considerably more dangerous.

Meanwhile, Harris declined to intervene in a real underage sex-trafficking scandal that involved dozens of police and other local authorities in the Bay Area."

" Marijuana sales cases were routinely reduced to misdemeanors. And marijuana possession cases were not even on the court's docket. They were simply not charged. Unless there was a large grow case, or a unique circumstance, this was the reform-minded approach then-DA Harris' office took. "

but...

"As California Attorney General, Harris opposed marijuana legalization as late as 2014, promoted civil asset forfeiture without a conviction as a way to fight drug rings, and sought to more aggressively police prescription drug use.

In her new book, Harris reveals that her drug warrior mentality hasn't changed; it's just that her emphasis has shifted. Now she's hoping to funnel even more funds to law enforcement to "cut off the supply of fentanyl from China," and to "reinstate the DEA's authority to go after the major pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors."

Tough times trying to be Progressive and a Drug Warrior.

#10 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 09:02 AM | Reply

Well this is actually a good take, IMO.

#11 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-08-12 09:05 AM | Reply

Per the title here, Kamala is the most Progressive DA in California? I find that very hard to believe. How far right are the DAs there?

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 09:13 AM | Reply

Tough times trying to be Progressive and a Drug Warrior.

#10 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG AT 2020-08-12 09:02 AM | REPLY

You just wait. Trump is going to find people that were over-prosecuted by her and have them on commercials saying how they got 5 years for shoplifting and her reputation of a progressive goes out the window with the BLM crowd. Should have picked somebody without her baggage. Maybe a progressive mayor.

#13 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 09:18 AM | Reply

Same baggage as HRC. Too many here are blinded by loyalty to the party to see potential flaws in candidate. I'll be so pissed if we lose because of this.

#14 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 09:20 AM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN AT 2020-08-12 09:18 AM | FLAG:

#15 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 09:23 AM | Reply

You do realize that Trump is trying to build the impression that Biden and Harris are soft on crime and will allow anarchy to reign in American cities, right? How is showing her to be tough on criminals going to jibe with that narrative, or are you saying that they'll talk out of both sides of their mouths in hopes that stupid people won't notice the cognitive dissonance?

It's gotta be one or the other.

#16 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 09:25 AM | Reply

It's gotta be one or the other.

#16 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2020-08-12 09:25 AM

Exactly. Too many people in the middle may only see bits and pieces about her. Like her anti drug stance she had. Most people aren't plugged into politics. Trump will say and do anything to win. He can twist the narrative any direction he wants.

#17 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 09:28 AM | Reply

"..or are you saying that they'll talk out of both sides of their mouths in hopes that stupid people won't notice the cognitive dissonance?"

that.

#18 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-12 09:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Targeted advertising can form different candidate narratives and profiles to different enclaves of people. In many cases all one knows of a candidate, is what is displayed to them via targeted impressions. Brave New World of advertising.

#19 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-08-12 09:33 AM | Reply

Along with Kamala calling Trump a bigot and a racist openly and candidly during her debate performances - defining his conduct with specific undeniable examples.

Kamala had a valid point. Joe's chosen example of senatorial comity was both tone deaf and out of place in regards to the vileness of the politics of those he waxed nostalgic about befriending. Nothing wrong with the sentiment, but the context was wrong for a 2020 Democratic presidential debate while Donald Trump's neo-confederate infatuation sullies the White House.

Whatever you've got, there's a counter that is even better. Though do keep trying.

#20 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 09:34 AM | Reply

"Like her anti drug stance she had."

As were 90% of the American people and politicians at the time. I lived in lower middle class neighborhoods when my kids were young, our house was robbed 3 times, my daughter was mugged and robbed right in front of our house. Our cars were constantly being robbed because we left a little change in them but we knew better than to lock them because that was a recipe for a busted window. Being tough on crime didn't originate with Kamala Harris, she didn't pass the evil 3 strikes and you're out laws. That took discretion away from judges. She was just the prosecutor doing her job. I don't believe in those three strikes laws either but I don't blame the prosecutors for them, I blame the legislators and governors who passed them into law and signed them but I also realize they thought, at the time, that it would reduce crime which all of us were just sick of.

#21 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-12 09:36 AM | Reply

Trump can pick a position like "they're soft on crime" and let soft money issue groups go after her on her "draconian and mean spirited prosecutions for petty crimes" stuff.

just sayin.....I'm sure Biden's team has thought of this stuff.......I'm not worried.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-12 09:36 AM | Reply

We're definitely getting Kamala calling him out over racism in the Dem debates on loop. POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

On a separate topic, PAC funded ads will likely display:
"I believe the Biden accusers." -Kamala Harris
"I'm excited to join the Biden campaign" -Kamala Harris

Not as an explicit promo for Trump, but to lessen the voter enthusiasm of the "likely-Dem voter" target set.

#23 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-08-12 09:36 AM | Reply

Here is the issue with most people on this blog. They aren't coming from the position of the average voter. They are hardcore left and cannot see weakness in any candidates. The campaign needs to be ready for any and all attacks.

#24 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 09:42 AM | Reply

you're thinking and processing...oh, and you already made up your mind.

now lets move on to 50 million voters out there who seemingly love to be informed by watching commercials and social media.

#25 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-12 09:42 AM | Reply

I live in a swing state that went trump last time and I still see lots of trump signs and not one Biden sign. It scares me.

#26 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 09:44 AM | Reply

Great points Danni. Al Sharpton went off this morning on the dichotomy which evolved that urban blacks want to see less policing overall (defunding) when in reality they want to see the elimination of systemically racist policing and an increase in MORE effective crime control within troubled areas.

The overwhelming victims of black criminality are other blacks, not whites. All people want to feel safe in their homes regardless if they live in cities, suburbs, or out in the middle of nowhere.

Law enforcement needs to be reflective of the community's needs, not those of politicians making careers out of sloganeering instead of seeking and finding effective solutions for the problems of their constituencies.

#27 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 09:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2020-08-12 09:34 AM | FLAG:

#28 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 09:48 AM | Reply

"I just find it all kind of funny in a very cynical way. I don't think it's going to move people either way no matter how many commercials are purchased."

Bill Clinton got elected twice even after being impeached for basically cheating on his wife. Part of what made him so popular was that he increased police by 10,000 and brought down crime. Liberals don't like crime any more than conservatives do, the difference between us is more about the punishment we give to those convicted and how far police should be allowed to go in dealing with it.

#29 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-12 10:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Law & order was an easy sell in the past. I can even teach you how to game the stats from the political side and the police side for whatever political need you may have.

I don't know if you've heard, but currently there are nationwide protests going on that are fallout from exactly those policies brought to us by the people you just quoted.

#30 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 10:19 AM | Reply

You have effectively encapsulated why Democrats Overton Window is viewed as 15+ years behind the third parties when it comes to Criminal Justice Reform. It's going to cost some Bernie Bros.

#31 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 10:25 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY TONYROMA

I get that you're excited by a lot but I think you need to stop assuming that any of that will matter to voters in states that Biden needs to win.

How does any of that appeal to folks in the midwest or south?

#32 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-12 10:59 AM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

I wouldn't say hardcore left. The "hardcore left" is a very very small fraction of the US populace. At least it is if you're using "hardcore left" in a global sense and not simply "left of center" which is what the "hardcore left" is in the US.

#33 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-12 11:00 AM | Reply

#33 | POSTED BY JPW AT 2020-08-12 11:00 AM
I would consider people like Danni and Tony way left of your run of the mill midwestern Democrat. Harris doesn't do much for the ticket. She only bolsters support of those who were voting for him anyways. There is no bonus points for running up California. He should have gotten somebody from Florida or Wisconsin or Michigan.

#34 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 11:29 AM | Reply

He should have gotten somebody from Florida or Wisconsin or Michigan.

#34 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

That's what I thought they would do.

#35 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-12 12:06 PM | Reply

And you couldn't be more wrong as it refers to me. I live in the middle of the midwest, Indianapolis Indiana. I also interact with Indiana Democrats and Republicans as a function of my employment every single day of my life. The number of "left" leaning Democrats in the heartland are few and far between because the politics of this area are basically quite conservative.

In 2008, Obama carried Indiana. Since then the GOP has dominated every level of government throughout the state but for pockets of cities where Democrats have been able to remain competitive.

As with most things, trying to categorize individuals based on their personal views on politics is an inexact science. But one constant remains fairly true: People choose their candidates and their issues based on how it affects them personally or affects their ability to work and live in the manner they choose.

Having said that, Kamala Harris' background of being a prosecutor will serve her well throughout the Midwest because this isn't a coastal community, it's one based on respect and adherence to law and order.

Most people do not choose their presidential candidates based on their VP pick. Pence would have lost his gubernatorial reelection bid in 2016 even as Trump carried the state - he was that unpopular across the board with Dems and Reps alike. But now he's VPOTUS, go figure.

Biden's appeal as a life-long regular Joe who's never lost touch with the common man is not being threatened by whatever garbage Trump and his Death Star throw at him. The union guys know Joe has had their backs and understands their plight. They were snowed into believing that Trump was the same type of guy back in 2016, but that illusion is destroyed. While many continue to back Trump, they do so because of white grievance, not populist policies - of which Trump has effectively none at this point.

Harris is non-threatening to the masses (who's afraid of former law enforcement being an out of control radical threat to order?) while being inspirational to a large swath of needed voters all across America.

So no, I couldn't be further from the "hardcore left" if I tried. You have no idea what motivates people where you do not live. You only think that you do.

#36 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 12:16 PM | Reply

I grew up in Kansas I think I know what a midwestern Democrat thinks like. They are very moderate on most things and lean slightly left because they don't like how the right handles social issues. I'm not in your head Tony but by your posts I think you are pretty left of the Dems I associate with from back home.

#37 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-08-12 12:20 PM | Reply

No VP choice in generations was made to win a particular state. The last one who actually did was Lyndon Johnson in 1960. And one's that were chosen failed to win their home states (Gore 92-96, Edwards 04, Ryan 12).

There's a current article out right now about this subject.

Time to reset your sundial.

#38 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 12:21 PM | Reply

That very well may be what you read. But that is not what I am.

I am informed. That is what many are missing until they learn more information for themselves. And that information is what is being provided to dispel rumors from truths.

More issues than not should be defined not as left or right, but by whether the solutions are right or wrong for the times and circumstances we're living in. Not based on the past, but based on the now.

That is what I see myself as doing.

#39 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 12:26 PM | Reply

More information:

Joe Biden's campaign said Tuesday his choice of Sen. Kamala Harris as his vice presidential running mate sparked its best grassroots fundraising day ever as ActBlue, the main donation platform for the Democratic Party, said it had collected more than $10.8 million in just four hours.

www.huffpost.com

Money talks, right?

#40 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 01:17 PM | Reply

#36 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2020-08-12 12:16 PM | FLAG:

That's one of the funnier parts. The Republicans are trying to paint her as a radical, she's not. The actual radicals are the ones pointing out her history as a conservative drug warrior.

#41 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-12 01:31 PM | Reply

Voto Latino just released their poll findings of Latinix voters in the key swing states.

When asked whether they were excited about Kamala Harris being chosen as Biden's VP, 59% answered in the affirmative.

When asked whether her selection made them more or less likely to support the Biden ticket, 52% said more likely, 20% said less, and 28% said it makes no difference.

So again, more information about swing state voters.

#42 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-08-12 01:39 PM | Reply

Great! In 2016, Anerica elected the most incompetent, mentally unfit, unqualified, ill-tempered, crromed liiar for President, so why can't we elect the "most Prpgressive" law-and-order D.A. from California for Vice-President? You know, like the two are even effing comparable?

#43 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-08-12 07:22 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

Years ago I went to see a stand up comedian that a friend was a really big fan of. I looked him up and his stuff on YouTube was pretty good so I was sure it would be a good time.

Except he wasn't really that funny. But people laughed really over the top anyway because, I think, they figured they're watching a comedian and he must be funny. After about forty minutes of a two hour set he just started doing the popular bits everybody wanted to see that were the same thing I saw on YouTube.

I get the same feeling here. People are excited because they're supposed to be and are finding things that look and sound good. But in the end we're going to get just what we expected and nothing more.

Definitely won't be laughing this time.

#44 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-12 09:50 PM | Reply

In all fairness JPW nobody is funny for two hours.

#45 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-08-12 10:16 PM | Reply

Yep because commedians suck anymore. They aren't Dean Marten Jerry Lewis Rodney Dangerfield Bob Hope etc etc etc are all dead.

#46 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-08-12 10:50 PM | Reply

Biden's choice of Harris was nothing short of genius.

She's a woman who represents not one, but TWO minority communities. One of those minority groups is Indian American, which has produced more high profile Republican candidates than Democrat (carve off some votes, maybe). This is giving the identity politics-obsessed left something to get gushy over.

I think what Nikki Solis is attempting to do is soften Kamala's edges for the sake the SJW's in the party that might see Biden's choice as being a clear indication that he is a centrist, rather than leftist Democrat. That's a great move in the today, when you want to rally the votes on the left.

But as the election gets closer, Biden and Harris can also claim to be tough on crime, which in this era of lawlessness is likely going to be a key issue. I think that the massive increase in crime is going to be one of the key issues of this election year. All you have to do is turn on the news to see another city looted or burning. Sometimes it is the same city night after night. In Harris, Biden has a weapon to counter Trump's narrative as a law and order guy. And as a minority, Harris may be able to gain more traction in separating or influencing the peaceful BLM protesters, allowing police to isolate those who are violent and get rid of them.

#47 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-13 12:32 AM | Reply

Nobody answered me on this one. If Harris is supposed to be the most progressive, how far right wing are those Cali DAs?

#48 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-13 08:51 AM | Reply

I was thinking about this the other day.

Is it really a different city that often? It seems, based on the news I've been reading, that violence and looting has pretty much been relegated to a small handful of consistent locations.

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-13 09:32 AM | Reply

This topic gets better and better.

Harris "the most progressive DA" was elected by ousting a leftist, progressive DA while running on a strong law & order campaign.

#50 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-08-13 12:29 PM | Reply