Wednesday, August 12, 2020

While Covid-19 takes a far deadlier toll on elderly people than young adults, an investigation of frontline healthcare worker deaths by the Guardian and Kaiser Health News (KHN) has uncovered numerous instances when staff under the age of 30 were exposed on the job and also succumbed.

Comments

Fake news. We all know young people are immune and it is going away.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-08-12 09:10 AM | Reply

All lives matter. Not just the young. This ageist crap is getting old. Young people are not any more special than anyone else.

#2 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-12 09:21 AM | Reply

"Old Lives matter,"
-Effeteposer

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-08-12 09:29 AM | Reply

Effin'A Skippy!!

#4 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-12 09:31 AM | Reply

"This ageist crap is getting old. Young people are not any more special than anyone else."

I hope that was satirical because, as an old person, I can honestly say it is far more tragic for some young person to die than it would be for me to meet my maker. I've lived my life, I've raised my kids, I've had a good time with my grandchildren. Don't get me wrong though, I don't want to die but when young healthcare workers caring for COVID patients I can't help it, I do cry.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-12 11:04 AM | Reply

"Ageist crap?" Don't be ridiculous.

I think the point of the article is simple and straightforward: Covid is a serious threat to everyone, not just the old and infirm.

Many people, especially Trumpist anti-maskers, want to ignore this fact and make Covid a test of how "tough" they are versus the wimps who give in to tyrannical governors.

In other words, we're at the hoax argument that Trump started months ago.

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2020-08-12 11:35 AM | Reply

So happy my kid lives in a liberal area where they are only having online classes... schools in normal conditions are petri dishes and the young are definitely not immune from covid19

#7 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-08-12 12:07 PM | Reply

Health care workers should stay at home.
--MadBomber

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-12 02:05 PM | Reply

Where's he been? I have'nt seen any posts by him in a while

#9 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-12 04:23 PM | Reply

"Health care workers should stay at home."

If COVID poses them a serious threat, why wouldn't they isolate like everyone else?

#10 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-13 12:18 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

a. not everybody is a self-centered sociopath
b. they need/want to earn a living

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-13 09:47 AM | Reply