Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Joe Biden currently has a robust lead in polls. If the election were held today, he might even win in a landslide, carrying not only traditional swing states such as Florida and Pennsylvania but potentially adding new states such as Georgia and Texas to the Democratic coalition.

Comments

Do the 25-30 million facing eviction lose their vote when they become homeless?

#1 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-08-12 10:02 PM | Reply

Get tired of these type of threads.

Even with election shenanigans.....
Trump is still losing in a landslide. Minds won't be changed at this point. You or either voting for or against Trump, period. The cake is baked.

#2 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-08-12 11:02 PM | Reply

Trump's goin' DOWN. I can't wait till they lock him up for rampant corruption and general douchebaggery

#3 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-13 01:26 AM | Reply

"It's way to soon to count Trump out"

I agree. He hasn't exhaused his bag of dirty tricks yet.

But we are giving him heart palpitations.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-13 03:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

MONSON @ #2

"Vote as soon as you get your ballot, drop them off at an official ballot drop box if possible."

Agreed! But even at that, I'm thinking of using FedEx.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-13 03:51 AM | Reply

@twin.

Most ballot drop boxes are like the Blue postal mail boxes only white.
Most libraries have them and most town/city halls have them. They are secure, and some are even monitored by local government officials. Some states will even let you track your ballot and show who you voted for, which is another reason to vote early.

You can check online for Ballot Box locations. Or you can spend the big bucks to ship it Fed-Ex like you said.

#6 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-08-13 04:41 AM | Reply

Everything Trump has done to our elections has made them less secure, and less certain.

Not that they were all that secure in the first place, as 2000 made abundantly clear.

No reason to expect the GOP won't try ten times harder to keep fighting and suing in all the battleground states this time. I mean, it worked then.

The Democrats kinda just let it slide in 2000, the police were already militarized before 9/11, then they got super-duper militarized, and Obama gave them MRAPs, and Trump told them to rough people up.

If there were campaign events, they seem like they'd get pretty ugly. Some kid with a Che shirt and a Molotov co jail could probably bait the police into firing on Soccer Moms for Kamala.

If Trump somehow miraculously loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see him resign just so Pence can pardon him for everything and they fly off to Russia together. Hey a guy can dream!

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-13 05:03 AM | Reply

MONSON

"Or you can spend the big bucks to ship it Fed-Ex if you like."

I don't care about the money. I just want a receipt and a tracking number which I won't get from the Post Office. I might even even drive it to it's destination myself. I'm not going to let Trump's dirty tricks work on me.

It's unfortunate that Trump has weaponized the Post Office.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-08-13 05:04 AM | Reply

no way Trump wins in a fair fight,
which I guess is the reason Republicans
are CHEATING LIKE HELL!

don't let them win America...

not if you value little things like,
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,
Food Stamps, Social Justice, or Liberty (other
than for guns)...

America is much better/stronger/wiser,
without solely white men in charge.

(p.s. I'm a white man, so I am especially
justified in saying that ---)...

#9 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-08-13 07:16 AM | Reply

Donald Trump is cheating even worse than I thought he would, and we haven't even heard from Barr yet. So, no. Don't count him out.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2020-08-13 07:59 AM | Reply

Way to early to count him out or to underestimate right leaning voters. Who would have thought he had a chance at this point in 2016.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-08-13 08:11 AM | Reply

"#10 FTFY:

"Donald Trump and his GOP enablers are cheating even worse than I thought they would"

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-08-13 08:11 AM | Reply

Of course it is too early to count Trump out. He is supported by many billionaires who like their tax cuts and the regulation eliminations. Pollution doesn't matter to them, they just want their profits and power. New ways of cheating are being invented right now by well paid operatives who have no conciences. If you think these unAmerican greedy bastards are going to give up their power and wealth just because a majority of Americans want change please grow up.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2020-08-13 08:49 AM | Reply

@#13 ... Of course it is too early to count Trump out. ...

I still have him winning re-election with 55% odds.

Election Day is still a ways off, plenty of time for Pres Trump to use the power of the incumbent to change things around.

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-08-13 10:01 AM | Reply

POSTED BY RETORT

Every time I hear or see the l word I want to tear my hair out.

It's. Not. Going. To. Happen.

This race is going to be run neck and neck until the finish line and with a photo finish review that could drag on for weeks.

Even a slight change in intensity or vigor could lose the race.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-13 10:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Even with election shenanigans.....

#2 | POSTED BY A_MONSON

I guess I'll know who to thank when we have another four years of Trump.

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-13 10:07 AM | Reply

America is tearing itself apart. This feels in tone like 1856 or even 1858, one John Brown moment and as a unified nation we are done.

I hope like hell the moment never comes.

#17 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-13 11:05 AM | Reply

Biden still has to survive the debate(s).

GAME ON.

#18 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2020-08-13 12:22 PM | Reply

Why the ---- do you want what's going on to continue? So it gets me upset? You live for that.

I bet if Trump is re-elected, you will die of COVID and laugh all the way to the grave.

#19 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-08-13 01:16 PM | Reply

Why would you count Trump out?

He's going to win in November.

Democrats are just as delusional as they were in August of 2016.

#20 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-08-13 01:21 PM | Reply

Biden still has to survive the debate(s).
GAME ON.

LOL...yeah, Trump has such a command of the English language.

First thing I would say, if I were Biden, is have your latop/smart phone ready to go and fact check this guy next to me. And I would repeat that when necessary, because Trump will say some outlandish stuff.

#21 | Posted by brass30 at 2020-08-13 01:52 PM | Reply

> fact check this guy next to me

They need some sort of BULLSCHIITT gong that sounds off when someone lies in the debates.

#22 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-08-13 02:17 PM | Reply

Get tired of these type of threads.

Then why do you post on a political blog? Go bury your head in the sand, that might make you feel better (but not make you smarter.)

Even a slight change in intensity or vigor could lose the race.

This is exactly right, NO ONE should think for one second that this race is over, Cheatolini will do and say anything to stay in the Oval Office.

#23 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2020-08-13 11:00 PM | Reply

There won't be any debates Gracie.
Trump is a snowflake.