Thursday, August 13, 2020

Joe Biden called on governors to issue a three-month mandatory outdoor mask mandate on Thursday, telling reporters after receiving a coronavirus briefing that experts say it could save over 40,000 lives.

Comments

At this point we may need the law to recognize anyone failing to wear a mask in a public place who gets within six feet of someone who does not consent to their behavior to be engaging in assault.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 03:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What if it's a protest?

And how do you determine who was the perpetrator and who was the victim?

#2 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-13 03:49 PM | Reply

I think Joe could maybe come up with something a little more refined.

#3 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-13 03:49 PM | Reply

President Biden is calling for governors to mandate masks in public.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 04:29 PM | Reply

I went to an event this weekend with lots of people. Mask count was about 50/50. No dead bodies. No asymptomatic phoney bulloney.

Just a nice summer day.

#5 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2020-08-13 04:57 PM | Reply

"No asymptomatic phoney bulloney."

You're barfing bullschitt. Not only do you have no way of knowing, the odds are staggering you're dead wrong.

But I'll bite: specifically, how does virus-free differ from asymptomatic?

#6 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-08-13 05:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I see people who refuse to wear masks in public the same way I see a psycho with waving a gun around.

Is it loaded?

I don't know.

Is the person willfully threatening other near him?

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 05:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Re: #3 Madbomber

Firstly, there are no drunken ad hominems incoming, sorry 'bout last time, though I suppose you couldn't give a $#!+ what some Bernie bro hurls at you online?

Secondly, I agree with you. Joe's vague wording might push those teetering on the edge of saying "F*** it" and cause them to go commando on the masks

#8 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-08-13 05:46 PM | Reply

Just a nice summer day.

#5 | POSTED BY AUNTIESOCIAL

No dead bodies? ?

What a strange thing to say.

Unless it was supposed to be a funeral and the guest of honor was a no show.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-13 10:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I was hoping 1984 wouldn't happen til at least 2050. oh well. yeah, this is how I want to see my fellow man... what a cluster.

#10 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2020-08-13 10:47 PM | Reply

#11 | Posted by bingy at 2020-08-13 10:54 PM | Reply

@AUNTIESOCIAL at this stage in a pandemic you don't see people dying in the streets because they're dying in hospitals and in their beds.

There are even vehicles designed to keep your virgin eyes from seeing the dead.

Keep pretending the virus isn't real and reality will violently take your cherry.

#12 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 11:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Masks suck,that said, I always wear mine in public. I'm high risk with co- morbidities,and I respect others too. This ------ is inconvenient but convieniece is overrated. People need to grow the eff up. Especially Madbomber, it's hard to believe he's a grown ass man with a responsible job, he writes like a dumb kid.

#13 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-14 12:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Wearing a mask is akin to strapping a seat belt or wearing a helmet with the added danger of making others sick."

Maybe when you're inside. Or outside in a densely populated area. But otherwise, putting on a mask would be akin to wearing a seat belt in a parked car, or wearing a helmet while sitting in a chair.

I think large scale rebellion come when the government dictates that you must wear a mask anytime you leave your domicile. I don't know-just guessing-but I think Joe would still be OK with people not wearing masks while in their own personal vehicles.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-14 01:03 AM | Reply

"I think large scale rebellion come when the government dictates that you must wear a mask anytime you leave your domicile."

If by "rebellion" you mean simply ignoring the law, then you're right.

That's the way it is here in San Diego. I don't wear my mask outside unless I'm in a populated area. If it's just me walking up the hill and nobody else, I am usually not wearing a mask.

Rebellion usually means something more than what I just described. I wouldn't call myself a rebel. Do you think I'm a rebel?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:06 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-14 01:06 AM | Reply

"Masks suck,that said, I always wear mine in public."

I don't wear the other types of masks. They start to cut into the tops of your ears after a few hours.

#17 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-14 01:07 AM | Reply

"No asymptomatic phoney bulloney."

So, people were genuinely asymptotic then?

I hope you had a mask on. I hope they did too.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:07 AM | Reply

"Get a neck gaiter. They're light, breathable, and washable. Unless it's really hot, it's not that big of a deal."

Unfortunately, they're not too effective.
I can blow out a Bic lighter through my neck gaiter and my bandana.
I cannot blow out a Bic lighter through my disposable KN95 with metal nose band.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:08 AM | Reply

"I can't imagine having to wear a mask while riding a bike or running. That's just stupid."

Around here, it's pretty much impossible to go for a run without coming within droplet range of other runners.
So, not wearing a mask would be stupid.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:09 AM | Reply

"If by "rebellion" you mean simply ignoring the law, then you're right."

Rebellion is a bit overdramatic, but I think it would maybe drive people who would otherwise be wearing masks to stop. Like I said, you can rationalize asking people to wear masks in indoor areas. Ruling that they must do the same while outdoors creates the appearance of creating stupid and intrusive rules for their own sake.

#21 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-14 01:09 AM | Reply

"So, not wearing a mask would be stupid."

But you're not wearing a mask when you go to the gym, are you?

I guess everywhere is different, but I think that most gyms allow you to take the mask off once you get to the equipment you're using.

Is SD different?

#22 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-14 01:12 AM | Reply

"But you're not wearing a mask when you go to the gym, are you?"

The indoor gyms are closed, except for the ones operating illegally, and I don't go to those ones, especially after the one that used to be World Gym and is not just called The Gym had a coronavirus outbreak.

The kickboxking gym up by the mall has a fenced off section in the parking lot that they're using for outdoor classes. A bit of an improvement I suppose, but going to a workout class still seems like a great way to get everyone else's germs.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:32 AM | Reply

I'll be glad when the mask mandate is over. It's harder than hell to breathe in one of those things.

#24 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-08-14 01:47 AM | Reply

No asymptomatic phoney bulloney.
Just a nice summer day.

#5 | POSTED BY AUNTIESOCIAL

Why do you say stupid ---- like this?

If it's asymptomatic you wouldn't know it's there moron.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-14 09:57 AM | Reply

#17 Studies have shown that neck gaiters are worse than no mask at all. They concentrate the drops somehow.

#26 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-08-14 11:07 AM | Reply

Common sense should tell you that you don't have to wear a mask if you are not around other people. Like common sense tells you that you don't need a seat belt while sitting in your driveway with the motor off.

You put the mask on when you approach others. To protect them. To prevent the virus from jumping the gap.

Why is this so fricking hard for deplorables?

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-14 12:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Because freedumb! Yeehah!

#28 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2020-08-14 01:07 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY EFFETEPOSER

That was just one study. It split the droplets into smaller droplets. Probably depends on the choice of fabric.

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 06:39 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by madbomber

#30 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-08-15 04:36 AM | Reply

Why is this so fricking hard for deplorables?

#27 | Posted by donnerboy

They just plain don't give a flying **** about anyone else.

Bet a lot of them vote 'pro-life' to save embroyos and zygotes, but won't do simple s*** to save people from dying of COVID

#31 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-08-15 04:39 AM | Reply

We are so F---ed as a nation. At least Madbomber is not here infecting us with anything more than stupidity.

I never, even with what I witnessed in 44 years, EVER imagined Americans are dumber and worse than my lowest expectations.

Tenfold.

#32 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-08-15 06:15 AM | Reply

"Is the military letting you get away with not wearing a mask? If so, shame on them and you."

No masks in the office. No masks outdoors. Only in stores. In accordance with German rules.

#33 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-16 10:01 AM | Reply

"But there's enough of them here. It's like they willingly want to kill themselves and there neighbors."

Dude, if you want to hunker down in your house until such time you feel it is safe to emerge, no one is going to stop you. Have a nut.

#34 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-08-16 10:03 AM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Dude. Where's my county??

#35 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-16 10:20 AM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Dude, where's my country?? (Take 2)

#36 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-16 10:21 AM | Reply

I'm for fines for anyone out in public without a mask. It's time those that continue to be irresponsible pay up. It's unacceptable to have eveyrone else lock themselves away so a few -------- can go about their lives with their heads up their asses being typhoid marys.

#37 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-16 10:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

(that's an interesting image. An "-------" with a head, inserted up their own ass. MB, I'm thinking about you)

#38 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-16 10:35 AM | Reply