Thursday, August 13, 2020

Kyle Murphy: I left government service after more than a decade because I lost faith in the courage of the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to refuse unlawful orders from the President. They effectively labeled me and other Americans expressing our views in a peaceful assembly as enemies.

Comments

If the gassing of Saint John's doesn't upset a man he's lost his morals.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 10:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Powerful resignation.
He certainly lays out all the fear and concerns I have.
Watching what's happening in Belarus, wondering if it's going to happen here.
We've had he precursors for it.

#2 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-13 10:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"If the gassing of Saint John's ..."

We are thru the looking glass.

The news today sounds like a news headline in V for Vendetta.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-13 10:49 PM | Reply

Well, there certainly are no Elliot Richardsons in Trump's Mafia WH.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2020-08-13 10:51 PM | Reply

V headline:

Mary's Virus kills 80,000 people.

Virologists helpless.

We sure blew that number away in Trumplandia with Trumpy's Virus.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-13 11:03 PM | Reply

"If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost a hundred thousand people... would you really want to know?"

www.youtube.com

We've already spoken in the jury box and the soapbox.

Give us free and unfettered access to the ballot box or we open the fourth box.

#6 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 11:12 PM | Reply

Sockpuppet gotta sockpuppet.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-13 11:39 PM | Reply

We know who he is noob.

We don't know who you are only that you act like one of putin's butt monkeys.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-08-13 11:47 PM | Reply

Bring me up to speed.

Which cities did The Left burn down?
Did The Left tear gas Lafayette Park too?

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 12:12 AM | Reply

Oh you mean set a trash barrel on fire.

Not like when Philadelphia burned out MOVE or anything.

Got it.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 12:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Targets range from offices to vehicles to portable toilets, piles of debris and dumpsters."

That's what I said:
Trash barrels.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 12:33 AM | Reply

You're hoping for more fires because it would give Trump an excuse to expand his authority.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 12:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Offices?
I thought it said officers.

Yeah, there was that White Power guy who busted up the Autozone.
Cops have identified him but they haven't arrested him yet.
Why would the liberal cops let him roam free?

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"You Leftist loons own that - just be happy that Daddy Vlad approves of your moronic actions."

You approve of Trump's use of Federal police to start riots, right?
Don't you think Pooty Poot approves too?

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-08-14 01:16 AM | Reply

"The 'white power' story is still a conspiracy theory"

www.nytimes.com

Get new material, your outright lies are too easy to debunk.

#21 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-08-14 02:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Old news."

Riiiiight. I'm sure you think it's Fake News too. NY Times and all that.

Still think Trump will get 20% of the black vote, Schittsburg?

#23 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-08-14 02:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There is nothing that warms Putin's heart more than watching you moron Leftists burn down your own cities and try to incite a race war. Mission accomplished -------.

#10 | POSTED BY ANTIFASUX

Why don't you ----- just take the hint and ---- off?

You're ------- stupid and nobody wants to hear your idiocy on this site.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-14 09:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

anything to draw attention away from the fact that you braindead liberals looted and then torched your own city. I think you will find that no one has been arrested or charged with anything as the Umbrella Man. Get new material.

#22 | POSTED BY ANTIFASUX

Broad brushes nonsense then tells somebody else to get some new material.

Piss off, ------. Or should I say comrade?

#26 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-14 09:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Aaaaand he's gone

#27 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-08-14 09:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's really pathetic that the sausage fest morons keep coming back.

After all the whining and bitching they did about this place they keep creating accounts to stir crap.

Yet we're supposed to believe them when they say they're well adjusted, happy individuals content with life.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-14 09:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bye-bye Ira/Zeta/STC(1)/STC(2)/Antifasux.

#29 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-14 10:01 AM | Reply

There are thousands of folks who are resigning or retiring early because of Trumpy and the hostile work environments that he is creating in the civil service ranks. I know this because I am one of them.

I respect this man for trying to warn others. I fear his warning is falling on deaf ears.

Or more likely, numb ears.

I would like to tell you about the hostile environment of my civil service job the last few years of my 40 year career. It was so bad I was forced to retire early (about 5 years early) for my health.

But I cannot, unfortunately it is way to complicated to relate here. Suffice to say when I contacted my Senator and Representative they told me there was nothing they could do as they had their hands full with bigger problems and to contact the IG.

After consulting with my lawyer it became clear that if I tried to stand up to them I would probably have been crushed. Or my life and what was left if my career run into the ground and what for?

I decided not to sacrifice myself or my family.

#30 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-14 11:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Damn it, Donnerboy.
Embrace the suck.
This change though not wanted is manageable.
Better you keep your health.
I'm glad you are here.

#31 | Posted by YAV at 2020-08-14 12:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Damn it, Donnerboy.
Embrace the suck. "

It's not all bad. Retirement is actually not so bad. I like having my Time back. And that's nice. No one is my boss anymore (except the wife) and THAT is really nice! It's just that I really liked my job and did not want to leave yet.

It was good work. I felt I was actually accomplishing something. Every now and then. And I did look forward to retiring. When I was ready. And maybe doing some other kind of work. The kind I had always wanted to do. Eventually.

The bummer is when I was forced to retired early the world decided to shut down, there are few safe jobs available for the elderly and they told me I couldn't travel and they sent me to my room!

What the hell!? These are the "golden years" everyone always told me about? They feel a lot more like the "leaden years" so far.

#32 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-14 12:38 PM | Reply

"the hostile environment of my civil service job"

I constantly read here about the mean, nasty, greedy, scum sucking, GOP loving, gun toting, racist, business owners out there who don't give 2 ----- about their employees. Just themselves

And here we have a lifelong government/public sector employee who's testimonial casts the govt in a much worse light.

I'm not speaking specifically to Donner but for those of you who have been whining and moaning about business owners forever need to perhaps look in the mirror and realize that if the relationship between you and your employer is "hostile" then maybe it's because YOU are the hostile one.

#33 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-14 12:50 PM | Reply

#33 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-14 12:50 PM | Reply

I'm self-employed, and I do get mad at myself from time to time.

#34 | Posted by Zed at 2020-08-14 01:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

You left out a critical part.

His testimonial is that of his time under this "businessman" POTUS.

#35 | Posted by jpw at 2020-08-14 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#33 | POSTED BY EBERLY

I worked for the government for 40 years.

Things got bad from time to time but didn't become this hostile until the last two years. Right after trump was elected. It was painfully obvious to anyone who was working in higher level positions at the time. Most can say nothing as they would lose their jobs and their careers destroyed. I was in management. I was closer to the "problem". And I was closer to retirement. I had an out. Many did and do not. Especially during a pandemic and good jobs are scarce.

But yeah, I guess it was me just getting old and cranky.

#36 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-15 10:48 AM | Reply

Eh. It's true. I became hostile to changes that I felt were criminally negligent in my own organization.

I had run things in my shop successfully for 20 years. I was a leader amongst my peers. I had outstanding appraisals. Until my new boss arrived. Other mangers would call me and ask me how to respond to the latest changes that would undermine our abilities to do our jobs. I was number one several times in the entire western region in keeping my equipment running at peak proficiency and up time.

This was why they went after me. Because I was good and people looked to me. So the needed to make an example of me.

I knew this. And I fought for a while for what I knew was right. But it was a losing battle. The government has huge resources. I have little. And I knew in the end it would destroy me.

So I retired. The government lost 40 years if experience.

I regained my freedom.

#37 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-08-15 11:01 AM | Reply

Thanks for sharing Donner. Sincerely.

Your story represents the cautionary tale for many of us once we reach a certain level of tenure in our organizations.

Change is inevitable... good or bad....right or wrong . As the organization was discussing the changes and what obstacles they felt were present, my guess is your name came up. I fear that could be me someday because my real life persona is an a whole lot different than how I post here. I'm a smart ass and I challenge authority.

I'm sure you had to fight the bitterness of how things went down for you. Embrace that freedom and realize you only live once.

#38 | Posted by eberly at 2020-08-15 11:27 AM | Reply