Thursday, September 03, 2020

Laurie Garrett: If a vaccine comes out before the election, there are very good reasons not to take it.

Comments

I'm not an anti-vaxer, but I won't trust a Covid 19 vaccine that gets rushed out to provide Trump with a reason to claim "Operation Warp Speed" was a success mere days before the election.

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-09-03 10:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Jon Cohen @sciencecohen

I've been requesting an interview with Moncef Slaoui, Operation Warp Speed's scientific head, since May 15. It finally happened today, and it met my main metric of worthwhile: I learned a lot.

Leader of U.S. vaccine push says he'll quit if politics trumps science

www.sciencemag.org

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-09-03 10:14 PM | Reply

So what? I'm still not taking any vaccines until I see what happens to people who do. You first.

#3 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-09-04 03:19 PM | Reply

Politicizing vaccines is hyper stupid, TDSers are now on par with anti-vaxxers.

#4 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-09-05 01:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trump vaccine?

For the Democratic hoax?

Is it a cocktail of chloroquine and bleach?

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 01:28 PM | Reply

Politicizing vaccines is hyper stupid, TDSers are now on par with anti-vaxxers.
#4 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

Roll up your sleeve and go try the "vaccine".

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 01:29 PM | Reply

#6 - thanks for inadvertently supporting my pro vaccine position, we're like brothers now!!!

#7 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-09-05 01:48 PM | Reply

Roll up your sleeve and go try the "vaccine".

You'll have to wait until there actually is one.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-09-05 02:10 PM | Reply

Russia already has the vaccine.

I'm sure Putin put his best men on it.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 02:16 PM | Reply

Russia already has the vaccine.

Hydroxypolonium?

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-09-05 02:21 PM | Reply

HydroxyPlutonium?

A little Chernobyl cocktail?

Radiation makes you immune to viruses, right?

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 02:24 PM | Reply

It'll be a fake vaccine that will result in real death. Trump will not care. Only the decent people will care

#12 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-09-05 07:35 PM | Reply

What is "Trump Derangement Syndrome", anyhow?

#13 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-09-05 07:36 PM | Reply

It means whatever the user wants it to mean. We are living in the post-concrete age.

#14 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-09-05 07:47 PM | Reply

"What is "Trump Derangement Syndrome", anyhow?"

As far as right-wingers are concerned, anyone who doesn't say the Emperor's New Birthday Suit is beautiful.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-09-05 07:53 PM | Reply

Trump vaccine? The Trump corporation is developing a vaccine? There you go #13. Trump vaccine, trump virus, "trumpy humpy, trumpy humpy(donnerinfant).

#16 | Posted by willowby at 2020-09-05 08:37 PM | Reply

Gal,

"I'm not an anti-vaxer, but I won't trust a Covid 19 vaccine that gets rushed out"

I don't trust software when it's first released.

I just the hell won't inject anything in my body.

Has nothing to do with Trump.

#17 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-05 10:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I sure as hell....etc...I meant

#18 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-05 10:37 PM | Reply

You know how Trump is corrupt as f*** and has a personal financial stake in a good many of his political decisions? Yeah, that's why I don't trust this Trump vaccine, going it alone instead of collaborating with the WHO. He's a ---- crooked idiot. A fool would trust Trump

#19 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-09-05 11:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#16 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

They couldn't even sell vodka, so thank god they're not making it.

But there is immense concern over political pressure playing a larger role than it should (read: any role) in FDA approval being given.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2020-09-06 12:42 PM | Reply