Saturday, September 05, 2020

Louisville BLM activists, said Greg Harbut, who is one of the few African American horse owners, pressured him to boycott the Kentucky Derby. His late grandfather, Tom Harbut, owned and bred a horse that ran in the 1962 Kentucky Derby. But because he was African American, he was not allowed to attend the race or have his name listed on the program, he noted.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

He refused to boycott because he believed it was more important to represent African-Americans by attending.

Comments

Fake news

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-09-05 10:09 PM | Reply

I posted this because some of what I see from the radical left (not just BLM) is outrageous and in direct opposition to what they hope to accomplish when to comes to social justice and creating a more peaceful progressive world. They will not get what they want by being confrontational or by denying others their rights.

Race relations is getting worse from what I'm reading.

#2 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-05 10:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Ok. So now you can post what you see the radical right hopes to accomplish by marching around armed and in Rambo costumes

Certainly it's not "confrontation". It's like who doesn't see an assault rifle as friendly.

Stupid ass

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-09-05 10:22 PM | Reply

Did you read the article you posted Bill?

BLM asked Greg Harbut to boycott in order to pressure the state to investigate Breonna Taylor's death.

His response:

"I stand with Black Lives Matter, and I stand for justice for Breonna Taylor," he told the network. "But as an African-American man involved in an industry that's not very inclusive to people who look like me, there's no way that I could sit out on one of the largest race days in the U.S. and not bring awareness to the contributions that African-Americans have given to horse racing."

Greg Harbut is fighting racism, in his own way.

Unless I missed it. There was no argument or conflict.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 10:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Race relations is getting worse from what I'm reading.
#2 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

Thanks Bill.

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-05 10:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Well that's a ---- source for anything honest, but a full on site for right-wing wacky propaganda. Wow. And they proudly count themselves in the ranks of brietbart, daily wire, rush limbaught, pj media, sean hannity, world net daily, the blaze...

This is a non-factual extreme right-wing propaganda farm. It's even designated as a hate group by numerous organizations.

Am I slaughtering the source? You bet'cha. And for damn good reason.

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2020-09-05 11:52 PM | Reply

@#2 ... from what I'm reading. ...

Telling comment.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-09-06 11:31 AM | Reply

Clown,

"BillJohnson, who I picture as the whitest man in any room, is here to tell black people to stay in their lane and not get uppity."

So you're saying an accomplished horse owner who is racing in the Kentucky Derby is getting uppity if he wants to attend the race and not boycott because radical protesters tell him too?

Or are you accusing me of agreeing with BLM and that he shouldn't attend?

What I said is the politically correct BS demands of the left are sometimes outrageous and this is such a case.

Are you saying he should have boycotted and attending makes him uppity?

Hey...you're the one who used the word...not me.

#8 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-06 01:09 PM | Reply

Clown,

I'll be staying logged in to avoid more of your outrageous nonsense.

#9 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-06 01:10 PM | Reply

Clown,

I reread and see you didn't exactly say attending the race was uppity.

Just my comment that race relations is getting worse.

So...then instead you think race relations is getting worse because blacks are getting uppity?

You're still outrageous.

This site needs a way to not be logged in and never see some posters.

You'd be one of the first on the list.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-06 01:30 PM | Reply

you think race relations is getting worse because blacks are getting uppity?

That's what your post read like.

Just like when homosexuals wanted marriage equality and you keep insisting ignorant people, your people, wouldn't abide.

Now black people want white people to treat them like their lives are equally as important.

Your response. "Race relations is getting worse from what I'm reading."

Where are you reading this? Not in the article you posted. On the streets it looks like the majority of Americans agree black lives matter. Only you Trumpers are taking issue.

So. When you say "Race relations is getting worse," I gotta assume it's because you feel like black people aren't staying in their lane and are getting too uppity for your preference.

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-06 01:46 PM | Reply

Clown,

You used the word uppity and now you're putting it in italics after I quoted you possibly confusing the point as if it may have come from me.

I never use the word uppity ever. The fact that word is even in your vernacular is telling.

Personally I see that word on the same level as the n word.

White people use that word to silence blacks.

From your comments about gay marriage, it is clear you have no idea what I have posted.

So I would appreciate you not commenting about me.

#12 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2020-09-06 08:51 PM | Reply

"I would appreciate you not commenting about me."

Before long, the only way BillJohnson is going to get through this website is if he plonks EVERYONE.

#13 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-09-06 08:53 PM | Reply

"This site needs a way to not be logged in and never see some posters."

The snowflake's snowflake.

Keep in mind, BJ will NEVER forgive Democrats for proving his life choices wrong, specifically marrying someone of the opposite gender to get equal rights. His fondest wish is all other gay men have to deal with what he felt he had to deal with.

It's the Clarence Thomas Effect: Once you're across the bridge...burn it.

#14 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-09-06 08:58 PM | Reply

Fcck that, log in bill. How easy does it have to be for your sad ass.

#15 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-09-06 09:42 PM | Reply

Even easier to just go away.

#16 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-09-06 09:48 PM | Reply

"How easy does it have to be for your sad ass."

The phrase You can't handle the truth comes to mind.

#17 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-09-06 09:51 PM | Reply

Now, now, I always read Bill Johnson.

Sometimes I think I should be more righteous and seek favor of the lord and judge my bretheren .

Then I think , well the lord can handle it.

Plonk those who offend thee.

#18 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-09-06 10:00 PM | Reply

Plonk those who offend thee.

Alas, the plonk worketh not upon the comments page.

#19 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-09-06 10:29 PM | Reply