Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has been able to maintain a healthy lead over President Donald Trump with about two months until the presidential election, according to multiple recent national polls.

Comments

While this is good news, we cannot get complacent. Make sure you get out the vote in the next 60 days, do not assume that this lead will not change.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2020-09-08 02:37 PM | Reply

"Make sure you get out the vote in the next 60 days"

55 days.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-09-08 02:48 PM | Reply

... according to multiple recent national polls ...

Now that the conventions and Labor Day are in the rear view mirror, the polling articles really need to start focusing on the state-by-state Electoral College polling.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-09-08 02:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Here are some state polls from July 29th to September 8th:

www1.realclearpolitics.com

There's a lot of 'blue'...

OCU

#4 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-09-09 01:12 AM | Reply

Labor Day. Day Labor.
What's the difference.

#5 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-09-09 03:29 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

Exactly! ~~ I see that's starting to happen now with the critical 'must win' swing states.

The popular vote doesn't win elections.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-09-09 06:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Don't believe the polls--not when a cabal of thieves are actively working to steal the election. Get out and vote, and take a carload of neighbors with you. The future of the American Democracy hangs in the balance...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2020-09-09 09:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

here's hoping enough Americans come to their senses...and VOTE over the next 55 days.

#8 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-09-09 09:46 AM | Reply

"The popular vote doesn't win elections."

Because white power was insured to remain the dominating force in our government by slave owners who wrote our Constitution. Mjnority rule was never an idea that bothered those who wrote our Constitution. I believe we need to change it to insure majority rule.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2020-09-09 10:02 AM | Reply

Please exercise your right to vote. I don't care what your party is, it is a right you should not take lightly and your chance to have a voice.

It is AMAZING how The GOP and Red states work to disenfranchise voters. The GOP tried hard to fight the will of the people here in Michigan when we voted as a state to make things easier including same day in person registration to vote at polling locations. Even with a 2:1 margin of victory they took it to the Michigan Supreme Court fight it - claiming it was "unconstitutional" in Michigan. They lost in a Conservative dominate Supreme Court. The court in Michigan is mostly rational even though Conservatives have the majority. They even made a Liberal the Chief Justice this term.

Here it's a short walk to my polling place in suburbia. I can actually very comfortably walk to 4 of them 10-15 minutes from my house. The rural area around here isn't as convenient, each township that is particularly rural has 1 polling place - so you might be 4 miles away on the extreme end. When I hear how far away they are in places in the south and I see how long the lines are for the voters I am simply amazed. Most rural polling places are the township halls while they can be just about anything in more populated areas - churches, schools, township halls, etc.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-09-09 10:44 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by danni

I don't think that will happen anytime soon because of what it takes but that is what the states have started to do on their own on a state level with the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. We do however need a majority of Electoral College Votes to make it a reality.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-09-09 10:47 AM | Reply

I ordered something on e-bay, origin Camden, NJ on September 1. It was shipped same day. It had a tracking number. It was a small package shipped first class.

The package arrived and left the Orlando, FL distribution hub on Sept. 3rd at which time all tracking stopped. I received the package, with no notice of delivery, on September 8th.

I'm not sure what that tells me except that mail, especially ballots, that go through the Main US Post office in Ft. Lauderdale aren't going to be recorded or date stamped and you can't even count on them to be delivered on time.

It took 5 days for my little package to be put out for delivery.

I don't know who to thank for this slow down. Maybe Governor DeSantis(R), a show pony, who always takes his orders from Donald Trump for the benefit of Donald Trump.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-09-09 11:57 AM | Reply

National polls are worthless. We do not have a national election.

#13 | Posted by JOE at 2020-09-09 12:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Vote out DT. VOTE!

#14 | Posted by Jaspar at 2020-09-09 02:10 PM | Reply

Joe Biden once maybe said something that bothered me a long time ago but I can't remember what it was so I'm voting for Jill Steinberg.

#15 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-09-09 03:04 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Laura8?

#16 | Posted by Corky at 2020-09-09 03:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

National polls are worthless. We do not have a national election.

#13 | POSTED BY JOE

I agree. Stop worrying about national polls. I think that is what got Hillary into trouble last time.

Pay attention to the states that matter. Volunteer for phone banks. Get the message out to them. Listen to them. Help them. And tell them we need them. To help creat a more perfect union. Things break down. It is what happens. There is a law in Tennessee. It might be in Texas and I gauranGawdDamnTee it's in California. It's called Murphys Law. What can go wrong WILL go wrong. Eventually.

Eventually is here.

We can fix this. We can build it back better.

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-09-10 11:37 AM | Reply