Sunday, September 20, 2020

Rowdy Lee Swanson, an Oklahoma cowboy, was killed in a bull riding accident on Thursday night at the Palo Pinto County Livestock Association's PRCA Rodeo in Mineral Wells. He was 20. According to the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, which sanctions the annual Mineral Wells rodeo, Swanson died Thursday following injuries sustained that night while competing. Swanson was bucked off of a bull named Gritty, which is owned by the Rafter G Rodeo Co. of Terrell.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Swanson was a member of the Oklahoma State University rodeo team.

Comments

Darwin +1

#1 | Posted by bored at 2020-09-20 12:30 PM | Reply

That is just so sad. I know it is a very rough sport. I had a friend who rode bulls but got hurt and became epileptic before I ever met him but he had the photos to show. It is a very rough and tough sport but so is football. Boys gonna be boys.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-09-20 01:08 PM | Reply

If Bush hadn't invadid Paraguay for 911 the Trump virus wouldn't have killed him.

(Everything is the Republicans fault right? )

#3 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2020-09-20 01:43 PM | Reply

Don't rag on Paraguay. True factoid, - all five of my children were born in Paraguay. (It's a long story.)

#4 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-09-20 01:59 PM | Reply

Boys gonna be boys.

Believe it or not, Danni, they actually have a WPRA with lots of woman bull riders. www.wpra.com

#5 | Posted by Mao_Content at 2020-09-20 04:48 PM | Reply

"I'll bet you'll find a lot of them ole gals that do that to be fairly mesmerizing.... ;)"

Possibly true but unlikely. I'm not attracted to women who look like me, I prefer the pretty ones.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2020-09-21 09:13 AM | Reply