Monday, September 28, 2020

COVID-19 has caused widespread damage to the economy -- so wide that it can be easy to overlook how unevenly households are suffering. But new polling data out this month reveal households that either have had someone with COVID-19 or include someone who has a disability or special needs are much more likely to also be hurting financially.

Comments

Just another example of how the great economy is as mythical as trampy being a great businessman.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-09-28 03:39 PM | Reply

So much winning!
#MAGA

Getting COVID-19 is a choice.
The economy is supposed to punish people who make bad choices.
Some things are more important than living.
Signed,
GOP

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-09-28 03:41 PM | Reply

I work with 10 people who have been directly impacted by COVID.

100% of them simply quarantined at home, and either worked from home or took some sick time.

I have a couple clients that had to have employees stay home but they can't work from home and they didn't have the PTO....they were obviously impacted.

Now, that was personal anecdotal evidence.....nothing more. just my 2 cents...

2/3?

#3 | Posted by eberly at 2020-09-28 04:04 PM | Reply

I work with 10 people who have been directly impacted by COVID.
Now, that was personal anecdotal evidence.....nothing more. just my 2 cents...
2/3?
#3 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2020-09-28 04:04 PM

I work among thousands. It's impacting us po-folk far worse than thou.

2 cents? You're priceless.

#4 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-09-28 06:30 PM | Reply

Omg, dong measuring when the end result in so many cases is death. And yet both sides will still point the finger and say the other side is heartless.

#5 | Posted by humtake at 2020-09-29 12:10 PM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

Who controls the White House? CDC?

Which party blocked a generous aid package passed in May by Democrats?

Which Party's President holds massive rallies without masks or social distancing?

You're an idiot.

#6 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-09-29 12:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Now, that was personal anecdotal evidence.....nothing more. just my 2 cents...

2/3?

#3 | POSTED BY EBERLY

I will give you a penny. And that's more than your personal "anecdotal evidence" is worth.

Just because it hasn't affected your bubble negatively (Yet) doesn't mean a thing.

But I do love how you can always come up with a counter narrative to make yourself feel better about this catastrophe caused by the criminal negligence of Donald J Trump which is destroying so many American lives and livelihoods.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-09-29 12:34 PM | Reply

"I will give you a penny."

Give till it hurts, I guess.

You know, I didn't attack anybody or call anybody a liar or anything like that. I simply questioned the high percentage figure.

But don't stop being a filthy little ---- begging for my attention.

That looks suits you well.

#8 | Posted by eberly at 2020-09-29 12:40 PM | Reply

Poor people were certainly disproportionately impacted by coronavirus. They were more likely to be compromised from an initial health standpoint, more likely to be fired from their jobs, less likely to have the type of job that allowed them to work from home, and more likely to live with more people and with people of multiple generations than the average, more likely to live with someone who was considered an essential worker so the infection rate was greater for them. I don't understand why anybody would be immediately suspicious about this reporting.

#9 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-09-29 01:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

why anybody would be immediately suspicious about this reporting.

It's explained by this gem from Donnerboy:

"I do love how you can always come up with a counter narrative"

Eberly may not have voted for Trump.

But he does defend Trump, as passively as one can, from the strife and misery he causes the majority of Americans.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-09-29 01:06 PM | Reply

To Eberly's point,

Pretty sure 2 in 3 households were facing financial trouble, before President Donald J. TRUMP let the COVFEFE-45 virus wash over us...

For example: Since 1975, practically all the gains in household income have gone to the top 20% of households.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-09-29 01:16 PM | Reply