Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Maryland judge sentenced a man to one year in jail after finding him guilty of throwing two large parties in violation of a state pandemic order that banned large gatherings.

Comments

More from the article...

...Shawn Marshall Myers, 42, was sentenced on Friday at the District Court of Maryland, said an announcement by the state's attorney for Charles County. Myers' legal troubles began on March 22 when "multiple officers responded to Myers' residence... for the report of a large party" violating Governor Larry Hogan's order in which "large gatherings were strictly prohibited," the state's attorney office said.

Myers allegedly hosted about 50 people at the party. "Upon arrival, officers told Myers that his party violated the current mandate. Myers was argumentative with officers but eventually agreed to disband his party," the state's attorney office said.

Just five days later, "officers responded back to Myers' residence for another report of a party exceeding fifty people," the announcement said. "Officers told Myers to disband the party, but again he was argumentative claiming he and his guests had the right to congregate.

Beyond being argumentative, Myers directed his guests to stay in defiance of Governor Hogan's Orders and the officers' lawful orders to disband the party. Officers tried to reason with Myers and obtain his cooperation to no avail. Myers was then apprehended."...

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-09-29 02:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A year emptying bedpans at a hospitals corona virus ward should educate him.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2020-09-29 07:56 PM | Reply

@#2

If I may offer an out from left field true story comment here.... (more "out in left field" than my usual....)

When my mom was in a care facility, I was visiting her one day. We were talking, and suddenly she noticed she did not have her diamond wedding ring on her finger anymore. I checked the sheets and nothing.

I went out to the front desk to ask about it.

The nurse there told me, basically, stand by while she activates the missing valuables process.

Long story short, the person emptying my mom's bedpan found the ring in the sheets (it had fallen off her shrunken finger) and turned it in according to procedure.

The front desk nurse gave me the ring, which had been carefully wrapped in tissue by the person who emptied my mom's bedpan.

What I want to say is that I would not want the person who hosted those parties to empty a bedpan.

That job is too honorable for him.

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-09-29 08:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I sentence you to death by bumba."

#4 | Posted by Jaspar at 2020-09-30 02:10 AM | Reply

Back when I heard it, it was 'death by Bobo".

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2020-09-30 09:32 AM | Reply

Back when I heard it, it was 'death by Bobo".
#5 | POSTED BY OLDWHISKEYSOUR

My favorite is still Death by SnuSnu. BUT they don't deserve that.

#6 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-09-30 11:22 AM | Reply

Conducting his own version of 'The Masque of the Red Death'?

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2020-09-30 01:20 PM | Reply

I imagine he is a trumper humper. They believe they are above the law. Like their cult leader.

So much for the party of responsibility. It's dead.

He should now also be Responsible for any hospital bills incurred by anyone who gets ill.

But that would make way too much sense.

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-09-30 06:58 PM | Reply