Advertisement

Drudge Retort: The Other Side of the News
Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Just three celebrities have recorded public service advertisements so far -- Quaid, Winans and Lemmer -- with Quaid and other potential participants reconsidering their involvement or dropping out altogether after a POLITICO report on Friday on the unusual roots of the campaign.

More

Comments

Admin's note: Participants in this discussion must follow the site's moderation policy. Profanity will be filtered. Abusive conduct is not allowed.

This HHS boondoogle is yet another failed effort run by Trump sycophants who hired incompetent personnel.

CDC could have used that $300,000,000 to buy much needed PPE for front line health workers

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-09-30 05:43 AM | Reply

PS - Article says Trump ordered the campaign ...

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-09-30 05:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Tax payer funded campaign commercial, I'm glad is is failing. Trump should have to reimburse the government for the 300 million dollars.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-09-30 08:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

That firm, DD&T, is led by a filmmaker who had no prior experience making U.S. public health campaigns and is also the business partner of Caputo, the Trump loyalist who served as the health department's spokesperson before taking leave this month.

So $300 mil to a business partner of Caputo

Ayup

#4 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-09-30 09:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I find the failure of a $300 million campaign to fight despair failed with such corruption quite ironic

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-09-30 09:45 AM | Reply

There's always Jon Voight. He could reprise his roles as gigolo, bank robber or government cyber criminal. Any of these would work in these feel good promotional spots: get screwed, have your money stolen or be subject of government spying...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2020-09-30 09:46 AM | Reply

As I've posted before: just for perspective, $300 million is roughly double the annual amount budgeted for the National Endowment for the Arts.

#7 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-09-30 10:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The Zombie Charlton Heston is available and willing, rusty old gun still stuck in his hands.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-09-30 12:59 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by Danforth

And we all know how conservatives feel about that...

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-09-30 03:53 PM | Reply

And if you were writing a script for a movie about something like this, they would not have let you write in this detail; the film producer buddy of Caputo, who got the no-bid contract, is a Russian.

OCU

#10 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-09-30 06:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"$300 million is roughly double the annual amount budgeted for the National Endowment for the Arts."

Annnnd...another Republican claim heads for the fastest growing cemetery in the universe: where GOP talking points go to die.

#11 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-01 02:12 AM | Reply

Nothing says "TRUMP ADMINISTRATION" like sweetheart deals, robbing the US Treasury to finance what are obviously campaign infomercials. Burning through money with incompetence and poor planning. $300,000,000 would have help many people during the pandemic and economic downturn, but, Trump and his many rats just keep gobbling the cheese like it was theirs.

#12 | Posted by randomcanyon at 2020-10-01 09:30 AM | Reply

What?? Did them trumpets run out of empty bar stools. Just put an empty bar stool and Clint Eastwood up there and wait for the fun to begin.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-01 10:46 AM | Reply

Comments are closed for this entry.

Home | Breaking News | Comments | User Blogs | Stats | Back Page | RSS Feed | RSS Spec | DMCA Compliance | Privacy | Copyright 2020 World Readable

Drudge Retort