Sunday, October 04, 2020

Gabriel Sherman: After spending months denying the dangers of COVID-19, [President] Trump is expressing an emotion aides have rarely seen: fear. On Friday, Trump grew visibly anxious as his fever spiked to 103 Fahrenheit and he was administered oxygen at the White House, according to three Republicans close to the White House. Two sources told me Trump experienced heart palpitations on Friday night"possible side effects of the experimental antibody treatment he received.

Comments

Inside Trumpworld, the shock of Trump's hospitalization is giving way to despair about his prospects in the upcoming election. "They all know it's over," a Republican close to the campaign said. "This is spiraling out of control," a former West Wing official said. Some Trump allies are entertaining conspiracy theories that the White House outbreak was caused by someone with political motives. "It's weird that all these Republicans are getting it," a prominent Republican told me. "I don't know what the ---- is going on. But one thing I've learned is: when something major happens thirty days before an election, it usually has to do with the election." (There is no evidence for this wild claim).

Meanwhile, America's closest allies are entertaining wild scenarios as well. An outside White House adviser told me that a high-level government official from a G-7 country asked him if Trump would try to appoint Ivanka president instead of Mike Pence. "He's broken every norm so far, so they think anything is possible," the source said.

All the distrust that this Trump Administration has sowed has come to harvest as America and the world try to discern truth from fiction about the current state of Donald Trump's health.

Just another day in the Error of Trump.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-03 08:30 PM | Reply

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman 50m

Just watched Trump hospital video a second time. His breathing is clearly labored. He seems to be leaning on table for support. And there's so much fear in his eyes.

Mark Meadows is telling people tonight that Trump is feeling a lot better, per person that spoke with him. But people close to WH say Trump has had up and down moments since Thursday, so they're still on edge.

twitter.com

I see/saw the fear too. I saw it yesterday as Trump marched to Marine One, obviously not feeling very well and trying not to visibly show it. And I saw it today in his video statement on which Sherman commented about above.

Trump is scared and he should be. Be he still can't transfer any empathy towards the millions of Americans who've also had to face a bout with Covid with far less resources and treatment options available to them than Trump has at his disposal at the taxpayers' expense.

#2 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-03 08:37 PM | Reply

"Some Trump allies are entertaining conspiracy theories that the White House outbreak was caused by someone with political motives."

You mean... China?
China caused the outbreak with the China Virus?
Congratulations, you've been saying that for nine months now.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-03 08:46 PM | Reply

I love how he makes going to the hospital into a brave act, instead of staying in the WH.

#4 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-10-03 08:57 PM | Reply

OMG the virus turned him into a babbling idiot!

Oh, wait

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-10-03 08:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

- instead of staying in the WH.

Flight Risk is ecstatic.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-03 09:03 PM | Reply

It wasn't his choice.

Three sources said Trump argued with his doctors on Friday after they told him he needed to be moved to Walter Reed. "He didn't want to go to the hospital a month before the election," a Republican close to Trump told me. Two sources said doctors gave Trump an ultimatum: he could go to the hospital while he could still walk, or doctors would be forced to take him in a wheelchair or on a stretcher at a later point if his health deteriorated. "They told him, You can go now or we're taking you later and it's non negotiable,'" a second source close to the White House said. Trump waited to leave for the hospital until the stock market closed on Friday, a source said.

#7 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-03 09:04 PM | Reply

No surprise. Cults typically do fall apart once they abandoned by their leader.

#8 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-10-04 12:20 PM | Reply

... "It's weird that all these Republicans are getting it," a prominent Republican told me ...

Why is it weird?

The Republicans have not only not practiced mitigation protocols, they mocked those who did.

I do not think it is weird, I am surprised it took this long before something like this happened.

What is weird is that the Republicans still do not seen to be aware of why Pres Trump is in the hospital and many around him are testing positive.

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-04 01:43 PM | Reply

Interesting... Trumpibunkerboi and half dozen of of the cl0wn elite acting as "debate coaches" all got sick with the disease.

sooooooooooooooo
They got sick whilst coaching the president on how to deliver one of the most embarrassing unhinged debates in US history...

I'm supposed to wish them well...

why?

#10 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-10-04 03:17 PM | Reply

Just wait until the effects of dexamethasone, the steroid he's receiving, kick in.

Causes mania and other severe psychological issues.

Dexamethasone can cause frank mania, or more severe depressive states. Added to the risk of COVID related neuropsychiatric symptoms/severe delirium the press ought to be asking the medical team how they are formally monitoring his mental status

@maggieNYT @jonathanvswan

Replying to
@jflier
and
@asymmetricinfo
Yes. I was put on dexamethasone a few years ago for severe pneumonia that wasn't getting better. I was flying high. Scary mania and I had to be tapered off of it.

12:00 PM Oct 4, 2020

#11 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-04 03:23 PM | Reply

Eh I can't even comment on the -------- anymore. Its exhausting. Let's just appreciate that Marine 1 has some beautiful livery.

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2020-10-05 12:19 PM | Reply

"I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M." Trump tweeted Monday afternoon. "Feeling really good! Don't be afraid of Covid. Don't let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-05 03:13 PM | Reply

I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"
#13 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Because he's on drugs!

#14 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-05 03:15 PM | Reply

That quote by Trump is proof he'll never learn. Totally irresponsible on his part.

#15 | Posted by brass30 at 2020-10-05 03:17 PM | Reply

I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

Of course he does. 20 years ago he was a broke joke.

Now he's got 30% of America eating out of his rear sphincter.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-05 03:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

"I never paid stormy daniels. That's fake news"
"No quid pro quo"
"Total exoneration"
"I'll divest from my business interests while in office"
"I'll hire all the best people"
"I have a secret plan for better cheaper healthcare"
"The republican tax cut doesn't help me at all"
"I wont play any golf as president"
"My investigators in hawaii have uncovered shocking things about obama's birth certificate"

Yet you still choose to believe whatever he says. That reveals a lot about you, your intelligence level, and your gullibility.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-05 03:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Poor Phester

#18 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-10-05 03:32 PM | Reply

Trump appoints Ivanka and all hell will break loose.

#19 | Posted by Tor at 2020-10-05 06:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump appoints Ivanka and all hell will break loose.

#19 | POSTED BY TOR AT

You need to start capitalizing Hell.

#20 | Posted by Zed at 2020-10-06 07:41 AM | Reply