Thursday, October 08, 2020

President Donald Trump appeared to place blame on Gold Star families for infecting him with Covid-19, Thursday, going a step further than previous comments speculating where he contracted the virus.

Comments

"I love the military. No one's ever loved the military like I have"

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-08 02:34 PM | Reply

Trump: "I can't say, Back up, stand 10 feet,' you know? I just can't do it. They want to hug me and they want to kiss me. And they do. And frankly, I'm not telling them to back up."

That's the same bull he came up with about the military and law enforcement a week ago:

"But it's very, very hard when you are with people from the military or ... law enforcement, and they come over to you, and they want to hug you, and they want to kiss you, because we really have done a good job for them. And you get close, and things happen."

#2 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2020-10-08 05:27 PM | Reply

You stay classy, you orange ---- goblin.

#3 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-10-08 06:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You stay classy, you orange ---- goblin.

#3 | Posted by truthhurts

I couldn't quite figure out what color his face was yesterday. Could you?

It looked like a mix of orange and brown with two different tones on the upper and lower parts of his face.

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-08 07:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My goodness - Donald Trump Jr. just held a packed indoor rally in Florida.

Daily Kos

#5 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2020-10-08 08:09 PM | Reply

Why did Pence just cancel his trip? Is he sick?

#6 | Posted by iloveyou at 2020-10-08 08:11 PM | Reply

Pence Sick?

www.forexlive.com!/mike-pence-cancels-trip-to-indiana-to-participate-in-early-voting-20201008

#7 | Posted by iloveyou at 2020-10-08 08:14 PM | Reply

VP spokesman Devin O'Malley told reporters that "nobody's sick" and there are "no positive tests" for COVID-19, shortly after Pence's office announced that the VP will reschedule his trip to vote early in Indianapolis originally scheduled for tomorrow.

O'Malley added that Pence will travel on Saturday and Monday.

talkingpointsmemo.com

#8 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-08 08:17 PM | Reply

I'm not a Republican. I don't believe the lies.

#9 | Posted by iloveyou at 2020-10-08 08:19 PM | Reply

I saw Pence on the teevee last night. Houston... we have a problem!

#10 | Posted by iloveyou at 2020-10-08 08:20 PM | Reply

Jesus H. Christ. What a suicidal path to go down. Trump is completely losing what was left of his feeble mind.

#11 | Posted by cbob at 2020-10-08 08:24 PM | Reply

It's like Berlin April 1945...but more scary :)

#12 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-10-08 08:26 PM | Reply

I'm not a Republican.

Neither am I. But without further evidence, at this point I have no reason to doubt a direct statement from the Vice President's spokesperson because if he's lying, his career will be destroyed.

Personally, I thought that Pence likely was Covid-infected from his pinkeye-like condition last night. But due to Trump's illness, their campaign are making changes on the fly due to his inability to currently travel. So for the moment I have no reason to doubt his explanation. It completely makes sense. Can it be a lie? Of course, but prudence compels me to wait before I start claiming that it is.

#13 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-08 08:30 PM | Reply

I don't think a Republican's career will be destroyed if he tells a lie. It is expected and accepted.

#14 | Posted by iloveyou at 2020-10-08 08:40 PM | Reply

I wonder if this has anything to do with Pelosi's discussion on the 25th Amendment

#15 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-10-08 08:41 PM | Reply

- It's like Berlin April 1945

Or America 1939....

www.theatlantic.com

video

#16 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-08 08:54 PM | Reply

Ah. Very nice. I was thinking Berlin April 1945 because of the Orange Fuhrers nonsensical rantings, and what I hope will be the end, at least for now of this madness. I'd rather not this be 1930's all over again.

#17 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-10-08 09:01 PM | Reply

I don't think anybody needs to trust the word of Pence or DJT. They want to eat their cake and have it too, but they built this!

I don't see any issues with spreading rumors about Pence having COVID-19. It's not like they have time to stop it before the election, and what's that phrase about turnabout is fair play? If he wants to clear the air, he can publicly release his test results. Until that happens with either Pence or DJT, I really don't care if people say they both have syphilis from their trips to Epstein's island. If it's not true, let them prove it. That's how it works for Repubicans, after all. Oh well. Sorry not sorry.

#18 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-10-08 09:10 PM | Reply

I think we're missing the forest for the trees. Rachel Maddow just spent her opening segment painting a picture that Trump himself is the most likely spreader of Coronavirus in the White House over the time frame in question. The evidence of this possibility is the White House's refusal to publicly admit when Trump's last negative test was before his first positive one.

She notes that they and Trump himself have happily broadcast many of his negative tests, so why are they silent now? And since those known to be infected weren't all at the same events or meetings - but Trump was at all of them - he appears to be the likely connector to the infected.

And lastly, I remember a passing comment around the time Trump's public announcement of being positive was made that Hope Hicks was upset with the President. Now that could have been because at first he tried to imply that she might have infected him, but now I wonder if Trump had actually been symptomatic before he admitted it, and he may have coughed around Hicks and she knew that he was the source of her infection - especially since she often wore masks and tried to take mitigation seriously unlike most of those around her in the White House.

#19 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-08 09:36 PM | Reply

I heard that The Mooch said that she was mad at the president for making her the scapegoat. It's quite possible he gave it to her, not the other way around.

Like I said, I don't care. Put all the rumors out there. The Republican Party has been lying to us for decades now, and this is exactly the moment to go for the jugular. There is no down side. What are they going to do about it? They already refuse to tell the truth, so there's no gotcha moment here. The cult is impenetrable, they aren't about to start believing the truth, so why should we give these hacks a chance to breathe?

#20 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-10-08 10:11 PM | Reply

Because both he and she know that she's not? And how could she know that with certainty?

Before I always knew that because of the timing of their infection announcements. Hope couldn't have given it to Trump since the stated timeline dictates they would have both caught it from another source around the same time - neither of them could have shed it to the other.

I think Hope knows that's not true that she infected Trump like he tried to first say. I think she knows Trump was symptomatic before she was.

And it also explains why he keeps trying to cast blame to others without a shred of evidence of them infecting him. It's because he was infecting them and will lose everything if this becomes public.

#21 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-08 10:30 PM | Reply

"I'm not a Republican"

I am a Conservative and am disgusted to see people openly mocking others over skin color.

#22 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-09 09:11 AM | Reply

COVID attracts flies.

#23 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-10-10 04:33 PM | Reply

#22 - How would you prefer to be mocked?

#24 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-10-10 04:37 PM | Reply