Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation has updated it's coronavirus model projecting 394,693 COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. by February 1, 2021 based on current projection scenario. If most people use masks, nearly 80,000 American lives will be spared.

Comments

Thanks Trump Death Cult!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-11 10:22 PM | Reply

WINNING,MY GOD THE WINNING, WE'RE WINNING SO MUCH I'M SICK,I TELL YOU I'M ACTUALLY SICK OF WINNING.

PLEASE STOP THE WINNING, I'M READY TO lose a little?

#2 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-10-11 10:43 PM | Reply

That's quite a bit lower than what I would have expected. I would have placed the number at closer to 450K by Feb.

And that was before the number of new cases started to increase.

#3 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-10-12 04:29 AM | Reply

And it's all your fault, madbomber. So much blood on trumpers hands.

#4 | Posted by Kreator at 2020-10-12 09:05 AM | Reply

www.nytimes.com

#5 | Posted by Avigdore at 2020-10-12 11:31 AM | Reply

I know you're too stupid to understand this.

But the 2.2 million was based on not quarantining or using Personal Protection Equipment.

Thankfully, Democrats, liberals, moderates and some conservatives listened to scientists and democratic politicians.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-12 11:46 AM | Reply

Fauci says Trump's coronavirus policy decisions helped save lives
nypost.com

Why do you insist on lying so much, Clownshack?

#7 | Posted by Avigdore at 2020-10-12 11:55 AM | Reply

I repeat, "If it were up to you brain dead Trump supporters we'd be approaching that 2.2 million deaths."

Nothing you can post will prove otherwise.

Unlike you, I've been living in America.

I'm not going to waste my time proving to a Trump supporting Russian, the damage Trump has done to America and specifically through his misinformation and lies regarding COVID.

You're such a dumb fkkking rhetard!!

It's so funny reading you support Trump.

Thanks for the laughs.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-12 12:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The 300 lb orange plague rat was just a bit off when he predicted TrumpVirus was going to kill a total of 60,000 Americans.

apnews.com

#9 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-10-12 12:56 PM | Reply

Or when he predicted it would go from 15 to zero.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-12 01:20 PM | Reply

Well a new study has found our count is WAY LOW for COVID deaths so far - 75k low through 8/1. USA Today

The study.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-10-12 02:50 PM | Reply

Great!

#12 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-10-13 09:24 AM | Reply

The study wasn't saying that COVID deaths were undercounted. It's referencing deaths relating to (possibly) undocumented cases, as well as deaths related to the pandemic.

Heavy drinking in American women is up by 41% since the start of the pandemic. It's possible there will be some serious health consequences for this over the next few years.

#13 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-10-13 10:09 AM | Reply

So far, the pandemic has been ongoing during warmer months, at least in the northern hemisphere. As we get in to winter, people will be spending more time inside. Plus you have the holidays coming up.

I think it's about to get much worse in Europe as people start to spend more time indoors and in close proximity to others, instead of being outside enjoying the summer.

#14 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-10-13 11:11 AM | Reply

"While every death is a tragedy, this prediction is so much better than the 2.2 million deaths predicted by previous models. We are fortunate to have taken such concrete steps that saved so many American lives."

One day last week, Germany had one Covid death per 9.2 million people. Italy had one death per 8.5 million people. The US had one death per 277.000 people.

Lucky us.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-13 11:30 AM | Reply

"Lucky us."

I think that's about to change, at least for us over here. Another things that could explain the steep increase over the summer is the fact that much of the US is relatively uninhabitable during the summer months. I had a ski boat I used to take out in northern Louisiana, but if you don't have something like that there's no reason to go outside. Too hot.

But Europeans tend to live healthier lives. Much more active. I can't say if that's of any meaningful benefit or not, but I can't see how being healthy would hurt a person IRT COVID.

#16 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-10-13 02:01 PM | Reply