Friday, October 16, 2020

Florida's Republican secretary of state is attempting to shut down ballot drop boxes just days before in-person early voting begins, adding a new roadblock for absentee voters.

Comments

Quick, to the time machine. I'm missing Miami Vice!
not really

#1 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-10-17 01:33 AM | Reply

Florida is probably the biggest swing state so the billionaires will do anything to control it and the hell with the voters. The majority of Floridians have finally woke up and recognized how evil the Repuubican Party is so now the Republicans are trying to steal our votes. somehow I do't think they will succeed this time. I think Floridians are tired of having our votes stolen. I know I voted a few days ago and I hear on the news that record numbers of other Floridians have also. I think the GOP is fixing to lose Florida permanently, we will be viewed as a blue state from now on. Hey, Floridians may be dumb, but not as dumb as Republicans want us to be.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-17 06:42 AM | Reply

Gee, I wonder why the republicans are so anxious to suppress the vote...
poor snowflakes not very confident the voters like the job they have done.

But I do love the smell of republican desperation in the morning... smell like victory!

#3 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-10-17 07:47 AM | Reply

Gee, I wonder why the republicans are so anxious to suppress the vote...

#3 | POSTED BY 503JC69 AT 20

Remember when they denied they suppressed the vote? Said we were being paranoid?

Good times.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2020-10-17 09:14 AM | Reply

Why is the GOP afraid of people voting?

Piece of garbage Abbot allowing only ONE drop box per county.

CA GOP putting illegal dropboxes around the state potentially disqualifying millions of ballots.

Now this.

They are afraid of people voting.

#5 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-10-17 10:59 AM | Reply

Fill out ballot
Put in mail
Done
Easy

#6 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-17 02:52 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Oh wait. Someone might not have a stamp.
Never mind.

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-17 02:53 PM | Reply

Yeah, good time to wage war on the post office , right?

#8 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-10-17 02:55 PM | Reply

Oh wait. Someone might not have a stamp.
Never mind.

#7 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

In my state the ballots prepaid. No stamps required.

Every registered voter gets a mail-in ballot.

We make it very safe and easy to vote AND we encourage it!

Trumpy and the deplorables hate my state.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-17 03:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm in NYS and have already voted by mail.
I think your state is doing it just right.
I had to add the stamp.
So this deplorable is not a hater.

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-17 03:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

One can track their ballot status in Florida here:

registration.elections.myflorida.com

Mine has been counted, according to the site.

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-17 03:23 PM | Reply

In CO every registered voter receives a ballot in the mail. We can Mail it, leave it a drop box (Verify those drop boxes. Republicans are putting up phonies.) or still vote in person. I strongly encourage Republicans to vote in person on Nov. 4th.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-10-17 03:30 PM | Reply

Fill out ballot
Put in mail
Done
Easy
#6 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

It is easy.

Yet, why are Republicans making it seem like they don't want people to vote?

Focus, PHESTER. The question is not centered on how easy it is to vote, the question remains why do Republicans want to make it harder to vote? Especially by implementing illegal tactics keeping people's votes from being properly counted?

Focus, PHESTER. Okay, now answer.

#13 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-17 03:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait in Line for Hours? Too Few Polling Places
www.npr.org

#14 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-17 04:08 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by rstybeach11

Fester is a shameless, lying, hypocrite.

He will not answer your question.

#15 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-10-17 04:15 PM | Reply

Answer my question. That's Sniper and Goatman s''t. Phestor is a breath of fresh air compared to them. Anyway. ...

#16 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-10-17 04:43 PM | Reply

One can track their ballot status in Florida here:
Mine has been counted, according to the site.

You're a Democrat.

Ron DeSantis personally threw your ballot into the fire.

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-17 05:10 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY CORKY

Thanks for the link. My ballot has also been counted. Of course I was camped out on the doorstep of the Supervisor of Elections' office at the crack of dawn the morning after I received my mail-in.

I hate the idea that I can't trust the post office. I know it's not their fault. I just wanted to cut out the middleman.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-17 05:30 PM | Reply

I can't speak for people that I don't know. Unlike you mind readers.
My wife and I voted by mail. There was no problem at all.
Maybe some folks don't have a stamp?
Can't think of any other problem... Unless someone is making things up.

#19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-17 06:50 PM | Reply

My wife and I dropped our Vote-by-Mail ballots in an official California ballot drop-box outside our local community center.

OCU

#20 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-10-17 07:32 PM | Reply

Yeah, Twin, I dropped mine off on a weekday afternoon a couple of weeks ago, and there was a consistent stream of people doing the same thing.

#21 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-17 07:35 PM | Reply

How many instances of
Open Outright Cheating by
Republicans is this now,
let's see, TX, NC, GA, FL,
CA, MI, CO... I can't keep
track anymore... Let's just
simplify it by saying
'Republicans are Cheats' who,
openly acknowledge they cannot
win in a fair fight...

#22 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-10-17 11:22 PM | Reply

We just got the notice that our 'Vote-by-Mail' ballots have been received by the office of the Orange County Registrar of Voters.

OCU