Sunday, October 18, 2020

A Wichita man has been arrested for an alleged threat to kidnap and kill Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple (D) over frustration with the city's mask mandate. Per the Wichita Eagle, the suspect had expressed opposition to "masks and tyranny," in a series of texts reviewed by the city's mayor. "He said he was going to kidnap me and slash my throat and he needed my address because I needed to see the hangman," Whipple said.

Comments

Vanilla ISIS strikes again. Thank gawd for solid law enforcement efforts in keeping these deranged psychopaths from actuating their heinous plans.

It is beyond sanity to want to take the life of public servants who're simply trying to protect the health, lives, and well-being of the citizens they work for.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-17 07:41 PM | Reply

Hard to play harmonica with your mask on.

Yes I read the article.

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-10-17 07:52 PM | Reply

One arrested in threat to kidnap and kill Wichita mayor over COVID-19 mask mandate
www.kansas.com

..."He said he was going to kidnap me and slash my throat and he needed my address because I needed to see the hangman -- me and everyone who, something about tyranny," [Wichita Mayor Brandon] Whipple said.

"It sounded like the person was very upset ...

The suspect is a well-known local musician who performs under the name "Cathead" and has played numerous gigs in the Wichita bar and nightclub scene, said Joe Stumpe, a musician and former Eagle reporter.

He plays guitar and harmonica, Stumpe said.

Dowty is a retired Wichita city firefighter who was honored by the Wichita City Council in 2008 for his role in saving the life of a Wichita police officer who was shot in the line of duty.

He was also one of the first rescuers on the scene at the 1998 explosion of the DeBruce Grain Elevator south of Wichita, which killed seven and injured 10 employees. Dowty was lifted to the top of the damaged elevator and helped remove four people who had suffered serious burns....

Why does Trump politics seem to make sane people crazy?

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-17 08:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Why does Trump politics seem to make sane people crazy?

POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2020-10-17 08:08 PM | REPLY

I wouldn't call them sane if they do crap like this.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-10-17 08:11 PM | Reply

@#4 ... I wouldn't call them sane if they do crap like this. ...

I do not disagree.

However, in the article I cited, Mr Dowty acted in a sane manner, using his training to help people in dangerous situations. What has happened since?

A year or so ago, a local NYC news medium talked with some old friends of fmr NYC Mayor Giuliani. Almost to a person, they all wondered what happened to him. The way he is acting recently is not the person they knew.

So I ask again...

Why does Trump politics seem to make sane people crazy?

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-17 08:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Ask Gov Whitmer.
Trump called her a "dictator" two days ago.
Then today in Muskegon, Mich, President POS went after her again.
Got them demanding to be "set FREE" and to open the schools completely.
Got his rally crowd chanting "lock her up!"

'"Lock 'em all up," Trump said, as the chants continued amid a sea of red hats.'

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2020-10-17 09:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

What are you asking Laura for. After 4 years of Trump she can't bring herself to vote for Biden.

Just admit it Laura you're a Trumper.

#7 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-10-17 09:04 PM | Reply

@#6

Yeah, that stuff is most concerning.

Pres Trump is acting more as an autocrat than as a candidate for re-election.

And that raises my concern of how he might view the upcoming election.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-17 09:14 PM | Reply

LAMP @ #5

"Why does Trump politics seem to make sane people crazy?"

Maybe "crazy" isn't the right word. The way it was explained to me (in a nutshell) is how easy it is for certain types of people to get caught up in all the glitz and pomp that surrounds the president. It's a heady experience to be part of such enormous power. It give people a sense of invincibility they've never felt before.

Of course, the same thing could be said of Trump himself.

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-17 09:49 PM | Reply

@#9 ... It's a heady experience to be part of such enormous power. ...

I think you may be on to something.

I see an analogy that confirms what you posit, but it's not yet gelled enough to post.

Am I reading your comment correctly?

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-17 10:01 PM | Reply

"It's a heady experience to be part of such enormous power. It give people a sense of invincibility they've never felt before."

^

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-17 10:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

@#11 ... "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Sir John Dalberg-Acton ...

Yeah, but... (you had to know this was coming... :) )

That explains Pres Trump's constant power-enabled chino chubby.

But how is that, ummm, intumescence conveyed to his supporters?

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-17 10:55 PM | Reply

LAMP

"What I get from your observation is that people latch on to Pres Trump for the feeling of power, the explanation of what is happening, they feel it gives them.
Am I reading your comment correctly?"

Absolutely, there no question about it. Trump himself, is a magnet for the criminally inclined. In fact, Trump himself uses the illusion of unlimited power to even fool himself. It's the loss of power he fears the most ~~ and the sudden reversal of the influence power buys.

There's no better example of how to avoid such illusions than the more sophisticated Obama administration.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-18 09:26 AM | Reply

LAMP

"But how is that, ummm, intumescence conveyed to his supporters?"

Easy. Trump has been selling illusions about himself his whole life, long before he became president. He's good at it in much the same way a real estate salesman is good at selling waterfront property in the Everglades to the unsuspecting.

He sells illusions to suckers. That's the entirety of his pitch.

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-18 09:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Them terr'ists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter is at it again!

#15 | Posted by anton at 2020-10-18 10:37 AM | Reply