Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Russian officials have been involved in spreading false reports that a British-made Covid-19 vaccine in the final stage of testing could turn people into monkeys, an investigation has found.

Comments

"could turn people into monkeys"

I do agree fake news/disinformation is problem but anyone who'd believe a vaccine could turn them in to a monkey is an abject moron and should have adult supervision while on the internet.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2020-10-20 09:02 AM | Reply

But I don't want to turn into a monkey! Alarming!

#2 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-20 10:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#1 | POSTED BY QCP

You mean Trump supporters?

#3 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-10-20 10:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No syco, it means GWB. The nice folks on the left called him a chimp.

#4 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 11:07 AM | Reply

No syco, it means GWB. The nice folks on the left called him a chimp.

#4 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Poor unca fester. Still upset about Trumpy getting called nicknames.

Yes. That was the nice folks. You should have seen what the not so nice folks called him. And he deserved all of it.

Get over it snowflake. Every President gets called names by the People. It's just that no one has ever seen a President cuss and call the People names in public before.

We are still getting used to the criminally negligent and disastrously incompetent behavior of this fake president.

Maybe when Trumpy grows up and behaves like a civilized respectable president we the people will start treating him like one. But I am afraid it is too late to apologize now.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-20 11:34 AM | Reply

"Get over it snowflake. Every President gets called names by the People.'"

Thanks now I feel better about kamaltoe.

#6 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 12:17 PM | Reply

Thanks now I feel better about kamaltoe.

#6 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Don't forget about "Bitem".

I wouldn't be sure you were a real conservative if not for the elementary school name-calling / nicknames that you are so obsessed with.

#7 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-10-20 12:24 PM | Reply

"A couple more years and you might be able to graduate to use nicknames like "---------" and "doo-doo head".
#7 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL"

Thems right up there with Diaper Don.

#8 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 12:32 PM | Reply

Though, you do have a good point. It is sad how conservatives have destroyed the discourse in this country, brought otherwise proud people down to their childish level. I have found myself using those immature insults in the past four years. Just like I have found myself insulting Trump on how often he plays golf. Not because I think they should be effective, but more to reflect conservatives' rhetoric back at them. To try to break through to them so they actually hear what I am saying, to speak THEIR language.

I would be extremely disappointed, and would voice that disappointment, if any of my elected officials or people I am supporting for office engaged in such childish insults and diversions. But, I have not always held myself to the same standard (though, that is one thing that liberals do that conservatives don't understand... they hold their elected and government officials to a HIGHER standard than they hold themselves or the average American, not a lower standard like conservatives show they hold their politicians to). Conservatives are so empowered by the childish insults that Trump and other conservatives (like Purdue) throw around that I throw them back at them because I feel that is the only thing that will carry weight with the conservative psyche (it definitely isn't the things I normally engage in, like facts, or logic, or policy). But just like Trump and conservatives have diminished this country over the past three years through their infantile behavior, I think that liberals are (to significantly lower, but still visible, degree) diminishing themselves by engaging with them in this way.

Ultimately, conservatives know how terrible their representatives are, how much they have sacrificed their ideology, and how much they will be a disappointment to their children and grandchildren in how they have acted. Their only solace is that they have also been able to denigrate liberals as well, bring liberals down a little closer to their level. And, in the zero-sum game of the conservative mindset, it doesn't matter who YOU are as a person. Whether you have morals, skills, or values that YOU find laudable. All that matters is how you compare to EVERYONE ELSE, so making everyone else's life a little worse makes your crappy family and crappy life seem a little bit better.

TLDR... the childish insults aren't worth it. It doesn't accomplish much to convince conservatives, because they can always think of more immature, more childish insults than we can. But, it makes them feel good to have people better than them betray themselves in that way.

#9 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-10-20 12:42 PM | Reply

"the childish insults aren't worth it.
It doesn't accomplish much to convince conservatives, because they can always think of more immature, more childish insults than we can. But, it makes them feel good to have people better than them betray themselves in that way."

Orange dumpster bunker --------.. Drumph ... Etc etc
You libs own the book on childish insults.

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 12:49 PM | Reply

Thems right up there with Diaper Don.

#8 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Where do you think all of these rate???

"Dummy Beto"
"Dumbo"
"Skank"
"Jeff Flakey"
"Pencil Neck"
"Crazy Arnold"

And that is from the leader of the Republican party, current figurehead of the conservative political movement in the US.

Feel free to post a list of non-conservative politicians who have degraded themselves and this country with childish rhetoric like that. But, I know you won't be able to. Instead you will compare the people in the highest levels of our government to insults you see on anonymous message boards. Because, like I pointed out before, conservatives are completely different from liberals in that they don't hold their politicians to ANY standards.

#11 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-10-20 12:51 PM | Reply

Orange dumpster bunker --------.. Drumph ... Etc etc
You libs own the book on childish insults.

#10 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

I did not choose the people who say those things to represent me. I did not put those people in a position of power.

YOU, on the other hand, DO put childish and immature people in the position to run this country. YOU built that. Hillary and Biden (and pretty much anyone else who the Democratic party raises up to that level) are better people than me. That is why I vote for them.

You may believe that Trump is a better person than you. Conservatives in general may. But, he is demonstrably an immature, childish, impulsive, and narcissistic human being. So, by him being raised up as the "best of the best" of the Republican party shows in general what overall crappy people make up the Republican party and the conservative movement.

#12 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-10-20 12:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

You libs own the book on childish insults.

#10 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Could have fooled me!

-Little Rocketman
-Little Marco
-Low energy Jeb
-[insert any one of the hundreds of lame, childish Trump nicknames]

---- off, idiot, until you deal with the beam in your own eye.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-20 01:40 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY GTBRITISHSKULL

Worse, "c-c-conservatism" has devolved to little more than a victim complex. No ideas. No standards. Just lashing out at anything and everything they perceive as being against them which is pretty much everything other than their self-victimized cult.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-20 01:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"---- off, idiot, until you deal with the beam in your own eye.
#13 | POSTED BY JPW"

Watch your mouth kid before I have to get up.

#15 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 02:40 PM | Reply

Watch your mouth kid before I have to get up.

POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2020-10-20 02:40 PM | REPLY

That would be a first.

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-10-20 02:44 PM | Reply

"Watch your mouth kid before I have to get up."

We got a bad ass over here.

i.imgur.com

#17 | Posted by qcp at 2020-10-20 03:01 PM | Reply

Thanks now I feel better about kamaltoe.

#6 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

You will feel much better calling her President Kamaltoe.

I prefer Kamelot myself.

It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

With Kamelot
The climate change is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
That's our Kamelot!

Kamelot! Kamelot !
I know it gives a racist pause,
But with Kamelot , Kamelot
There are actual equal laws!

Kamelot! Kamelot!
I know her name sounds a bit bizarre,
But with Kamelot, Kamelot
That's just how conditions are!

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-20 03:05 PM | Reply

"You will feel much better calling her President Kamaltoe."

We all know this is the DNC end game. She was a pretty good prosecuter, so she might be a good leader.
We know more about trump, Pence and Joe than we know about her.
We have the choice between dumb and dumber, she can't possibly be worse...hopefully.

#19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-20 05:57 PM | Reply

Watch your mouth kid before I have to get up.

#15 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Watch your hip, old man.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-21 01:32 PM | Reply