Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Democrat Joe Biden has the edge over President Trump in Ohio, a Republican-leaning state that is a must-win for the president in his bid for reelection. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone and online survey of Likely Voters in Ohio shows Biden leading Trump 48% to 46%.

Comments

That's a hefty 5 point swing in 4 years.

#1 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-20 03:45 PM | Reply

The margin of sampling error is +/- 3.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-20 04:29 PM | Reply

When an incumbent is running for reelection, most undecided voters typically swing to the challenger because they already know about the incumbent and haven't decided to vote for them.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-20 04:34 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Shhhhhhhhh! (#SilentBluenami) ;^)

#4 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-20 04:59 PM | Reply

Sock puppets know best.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-10-20 11:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I still don't trust lying Trumpers.

#7 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-10-20 11:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

NOMOREFAKEPOSERS

Actually, the desperation to be here with us is... impressive.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-20 11:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"the desperation to be here with us is... impressive."

I love the smell of desperation in the evening.

Smells like...victory.

#9 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-20 11:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I think the mail in voting fiasco will end up sinking the Dems just like everything else boomerangs back to hurt them.
#5 | POSTED BY NOMOREFAKENEWS

Please, elaborate.

#10 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-20 11:44 PM | Reply

Majority votes for Senate confirmation for one.

So you're speculating.

You don't remember Mitch warning you that it would come back to bite you in the ass.

Me? No. Don't remember that. Even still, if I did, all you're providing is more speculation.

Justice ACB says thank you.
#11 | POSTED BY NOMOREFAKENEWS

She's an idiot if she does. But, I believe that's just more speculation on your part, which further undermines any point you're trying to make. So in that case, I thank YOU!

#12 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-21 12:00 AM | Reply

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) warned Democrats Thursday that they'd regret using the "nuclear option."
"You'll regret this, and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think," McConnell said on the Senate floor.

The irony is rife! JFC, have some self-awareness.

#14 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-21 02:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

BTW, I'm not a Dem.

#15 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-21 03:00 AM | Reply

DANFORTH @ #9

"I love the smell of desperation in the evening."

I love the smell of exploding heads two weeks out from the election. (NOMOREFAKENEWS)

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-21 08:25 AM | Reply

"You don't remember Moscow Mitch warning you that it would come back to bite you in the ass."

FTFY... I never listen to that human piece of excrement. What a disgusting human being he is. If I were him I'd kill myself.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 08:27 AM | Reply

DANNI

" If I were him I'd kill myself."

Don't count on that. Id Mitch loses his re-election, I hear he has a nice cushy executive job waiting for him (with a golden parachute) at RUSAL, a Russian owned aluminum mill that Mitch shoehorned past the regs to set up in Kentucky to (1)compete with with American aluminum plants and (2) so he can claim he provided jobs in Kentucky.

Moscow Mitch is a good name for him.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-21 09:04 AM | Reply

It's curious that the Drumpf campaign just pulled all their ads down in Ohio and Minnesota. They are moving the money to their Sun Belt strategy to try to keep GA, AZ and FL in the R column. I'm sure they see MN as a lost cause but Steppien was making happy noises about OH, I wonder if their internal polls are showing something different, or if they're counting on an outside group to pick up the slack, because Dotard can't win without Ohio.

#19 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-21 10:20 AM | Reply

keep GA, AZ and FL in the R column

#19 | Posted by _Gunslinger

This is about Trump's pride. He fears humiliation. Terrified, in fact.

#20 | Posted by Zed at 2020-10-21 10:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump will probably win ohio. Last minute deciders usually go conservative, and trump's cult often hides their cult membership from phone pollsters.

#21 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-21 02:05 PM | Reply

Dems need to lead a state by 5-10 points in the polls in order to win it on election day.

#22 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-21 02:06 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Last minute deciders usually go against the incumbent as they already know what they have in him.

#23 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-21 02:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#23 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11 AT 2020-10-21 02:13 PM | FLAG:
RECEIVED
| NEWSWORTHY 1

I have read this in several places, and hear Lawrence O'Donnell say it at least once a week on his show. It's why Cornyn is all of a sudden a never-Trumper who supposedly kept him at arm's length and voiced his opposition to Trump policies including the border wall in private. Except that Cornyn very publicly backed Dotard in raiding funds from the military to build the wall. MJ Hegar is within a point in the latest poll, as she continues to close the gap. Her trend line has been a consistent rise the closer we get to the election. As TX voters get to know her, they like her better and better and are tired of Drumpf and Cornyn.

To be honest, I'd rather Hegar win than McGrath. First it would be awesome to hear McConnell as the leader of a shrinking minority whine while Dems undo his legacy by re-balancing the courts. Secondly, I think Hegar is less conservative than McGrath, and we don't need another GOP Lite Democrat in the Senate. With the huge numbers of Dems voting early with incredible enthusiasm, I bet Cornyn is seeing his political life flash before his eyes. Trump, aside from his most committed cultists is having a real drag effect on GOPers up and down the ballot. They have tied themselves to a big fat orange anchor. Here's to that trend continuing through the end of the orange clown's public life. If Cornyn falls, it will be a historic night for Dems, and they will easily retake the Senate.

#24 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-21 04:20 PM | Reply

When he loses will Trumpy "wither" away?

I don't know but it will be weird to have him even as an Ex President bragging about what a wonderful tremendous fantastic job he did as President. And to hear him constantly complain about Hunter Biden from prison.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-22 07:08 AM | Reply