Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The agency's unilateral order ended daily patrols meant to prevent robberies of blue collection boxes and mail vehicles, and has left letter carriers without escorts on unsafe routes in some of the nation's biggest cities, according to interviews with police officers and union representatives opposed to the change and a copy of the directive, titled "Postal Police Utilization," reviewed by The Wall Street Journal. Mail thieves, in the past, often targeted mail for credit cards and checks. Now, the postal police officers said the fear is that thieves also will get ballots, which could be ditched.

Comments

Trump's thugs aren't even trying to hide their efforts to undermine our election.

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-21 01:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Will the USPS be dispatching local social worker QRTs to escort mailpersons to their objective?

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-10-21 07:51 AM | Reply

Really noles.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-21 07:54 AM | Reply

The administration is pulling out all the stops to destroy faith in the election and you're worried about some stupid anti-defund the police snipe? #3 | POSTED BY JPW

My ballot navigated the cross state USPS system and has been received, and recently marked as counted. Til Election Day I'm here to make low hanging fruit social commentary of current events.

Are there any undecided voters on the ReTort?

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-10-21 07:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Is this another one of DeJoy's directives? It sure sounds like it. Trump couldn't get the mail boxes removed to slow down delivery so now the new plan is to steal the ballots.

I wonder if QAnon has already been dispatched.

Exasperation has switched to desperation. Two more weeks and Trump's head is exploding.

I hope these drivers who go into unsafe areas are already licensed to carry. If not allowed, maybe a German Shepherd guard dog. Or a big Doberman.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-21 08:14 AM | Reply

I just lost all respect for Gonoles. He's just become another piece of filth. Don't pretend to be any better than the worst trolls here Noles, you are one of them now. Or....apologize for your post and get on with your life but don't pretend that post was ok.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 08:19 AM | Reply

BTW, voted by mail, followed up and learned that my vote was recieved and counted. Glad I didn't have to expose myself to Trump supporters, I basically avoid them all the time. I work with some, I make it a point to never have a conversation with those ignorant fools. I do love the new Biden commercials calling Trump out for trying to destroy Social Security, I want these Trumpies where I work to explain how and why they can support that.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 08:22 AM | Reply

"Is this another one of DeJoy's directives? It sure sounds like it."

Of course it is Twin. These people have no scruples at all, they are willing to undermine old institutions like the post office to retain power. Benjamin Franklin would be disgusted by these people.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 08:24 AM | Reply

"I hope these drivers who go into unsafe areas are already licensed to carry."

Drivers are advised to not carry. Its more advisable to be defenseless and shot than to get fired or sued.

#9 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-21 08:44 AM | Reply

Good for you.

I guess it's OK then for others to not by intentional meddling for political purposes?

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-21 08:48 AM | Reply

DNNI

I drove around Broward County yesterday looking for the thousands of "poll watchers" (attorney generals, white supremacy thugs carrying AR-15s, etc.) that Trump promised.

So much for Trump's bluffs. I didn't see any such thing. Just lots of long lines of patriotic Floridians and some media trucks.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-21 08:50 AM | Reply

Twin, my in person voting place, which I didn't use, is just a couple of blocks from my house so I have been watching and, as you say, I don't see any thugs or Proud A******s, just lots of very patient people waiting in lines for hours to cast their ballots. It fills me with hope to have such record turnouts for early voting. Those folks are determined to cast their ballots and I seriously doubt very many of them are voting for Trump.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 09:46 AM | Reply

How do you know your mail in vote was counted?

#13 | Posted by eberly at 2020-10-21 10:02 AM | Reply

"I seriously doubt very many of them are voting for Trump."

I doubt any less than 45% of them are voting for Trump.

I'm referring to Florida in general...not necessarily that specific voting place, of course.

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2020-10-21 10:04 AM | Reply

For Eberly

www.kssos.org

Just plug in your information. Go to the bottom of the linked page and first click on the Ballot Tracker.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-10-21 10:08 AM | Reply

BTW Mine was accepted so I'm counted.

#16 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-10-21 10:09 AM | Reply

"How do you know your mail in vote was counted?"

Supervisor of Elections has a web site and it was very easy to track my vote and be notified that it was indeed received and counted. Yesterday I had a conversation with a younger woman where I work and she decided to also vote by mail after I gave her the address online where you can track your vote. As we discussed, why would we want to stand in line for hours with people we don't know and some of whom won't even wear masks. Yuck! So much easier to vote by mail especially today because we are having a major rain event last night and today. We have flooding on many roads so bad you really have to plan how you are going to get where you need to go.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 10:11 AM | Reply

"I doubt any less than 45% of them are voting for Trump."

Probably in other voting precincts but probably not in mine. My precinct is probably 50% black and 20% Hispanic. Alcee Hastings is our Congressman.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2020-10-21 10:14 AM | Reply

...because that's what you do before a big event.

Relax security.

#19 | Posted by brass30 at 2020-10-21 10:55 AM | Reply

Why?

Why do they think no one would notice? That there is nothing we can do?

That can't help themselves. The ----- are getting desperate. They have to win to stay out of jail and they have to cheat to win. Republicans are a clear and present danger to democracy.

They couldn't just leave things alone until after the election like the judge ordered.

#20 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-21 11:47 AM | Reply

I will be going this friday to vote early where I live. I waited because I didnt want to wait in line in the early days after seeing the mess on the news with other locations, but I just found out that less than 50 people have early voted at my early location in the week it has been open. I know this is Trump country where I live but man they really swallowed the bait. They will all be in a mass on Election night I guess. I have waited in line on election night here in the past and will not be doing that during a pandemic. I sure hope our numbers dont explode after that...

#21 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2020-10-21 11:56 AM | Reply

There should be no doubt any longer that Dejoy's goal all along has been to sabotage the election in favor of Combover Quisling. He should also be indicted by the new Democratic AG.

#22 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-21 03:57 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO AT 2020-10-21 11:56 AM | FLAG:
(CHOOSE)

Hmmm, a distinct lack of enthusiasm for Combover Quisling in ruby red Idaho of all places. Dem voters all over the country are waiting in super long lines, they are all heros saving our democracy!

#23 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-21 03:59 PM | Reply

Or....apologize for your post and get on with your life but don't pretend that post was ok. #6 | POSTED BY DANNI

Not sure what all that was about, but to be honest, there are more important things going on.

#24 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-10-21 04:50 PM | Reply

#24 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-10-21 04:50 PM | Reply

You've got a point GOnoles92.

DANNI, don't be shy. Be specific with your grievances.

Or is anyone who disagrees with you a troll?

I'm waiting. This is an anonymous message board, don't worry about hurting any ones feelings.

#25 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-10-21 06:48 PM | Reply

Danni of late has been more unhinged than usual. I thought Gonoles posts were humorous.
Just a Girl seems to be the only one that hasn't voted.
Not a lot of vote changing going to happen here despite the vitriol being tossed.

#26 | Posted by mattm at 2020-10-21 08:16 PM | Reply

Danni of late has been more unhinged than usual.

#26 | Posted by mattm

At least Danni doesn't have to keep changing her username to hide from her past statements.

#27 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-21 08:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#27 got a newsworthy, but to whom are you referring?

#28 | Posted by mattm at 2020-10-21 10:38 PM | Reply

DeJoy is the real threat.
He along with Trumps thugs
will attempt to steal this
election in broad daylight...

#29 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-10-22 08:23 PM | Reply

EARTHMUSE

Don't worry. If DeJoy is smart, he and all of Trump's paid sycophants, won't hang around long enough to get the axe in Biden's administration. They'll scurry like cockroaches as soon as they realize the jig is up.

In fact, I doubt if any of them will even hang around for the transition.

#30 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-23 07:41 AM | Reply