Thursday, October 22, 2020

The majority of U.S. registered voters, 56%, believe President Donald Trump does not deserve to be reelected, while 43% say he does. Voters are even less likely to think "most members of Congress" deserve reelection (29%), although six in 10 say their own House member does. ... As would be expected, nearly all Republicans (93%) say the president deserves to be reelected, while few Democrats (3%) agree. Among independents, 36% say Trump deserves reelection and 61% say he does not.

Comments

Alternate Headline: 43 Percent of U.S. Registered Voters Declared Batshtt Insane

#1 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-22 03:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I read it's typical for incumbent president's percentage of the vote to closely match their approval rating.

Trump has never hit 50% approval and has an average approval rating of roughly 43% right now.

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-22 04:07 PM | Reply

Rasmussen today

52% Approval

50% same time Obama

#3 | Posted by Maverick at 2020-10-22 04:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Rasmussen. Lol

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-22 04:16 PM | Reply

There's no plausible reason Trump deserves reelection.

- Trump inherited a roaring economy (that Biden & Obama saved from the cliff). Now look where we are.

- Egregiously mismanaged this pandemic, ignoring and insulting our highly venerated health experts.

- Fired anyone in government who wasn't "loyal" to him. AGs, FBI, inspector generals, and the list goes on ...

- There have been mass resignations of 'my generals,' who quit in disgust, replacing them with unqualified sycophants.

- Divided us as a nation, calling people standing up for democracy and democratic principles "traitors."

- Coddled and praised dictators and disregarded our own national intelligence community on the threat they pose.

- Winked and nodded and said 'there are good people on both sides' of NAZI & White Supremacist groups.

- Encouraged supporters to participate in voter intimidation at precincts across the country.

- Attempted to destroy our faith in American government and democratic election system.

- 12 aides and campaign staff convicted of felonies.

- Refused to disclose his finances so the American people could tell if he's acting on behalf of his own interests only

And more ...

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-22 04:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The fact that 43% of our country still supports him after the past 4 years means we're all ------. Even if trump loses this election, america is too angry and stupid to survive much longer. We have a terminal case of fox news.

#6 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-22 05:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

I can proudly say as a lifelong Eisenhower republican, I cast my ballot today for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
Enough is enough.

#7 | Posted by Docman at 2020-10-22 06:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

Enough is enough.

#7 | Posted by Docman

Kudos. I know many Eisenhower and Reagan republicans who did exactly what you did; vote like a patriot for what's right, regardless of party.

As you know, the GOP have rid themselves of anyone resembling an Eisenhower republican. A sad state of affairs where the once 'loyal opposition' sought to govern through compromise. If they're going to survive they'll need to return to moderation instead of seeking only to garner and maintain power. But now, sadly, they seem to have taken on all the trappings of a cult, so we'll always have fringe troublemakers refusing to govern, only seeking to make life difficult for the opposition.

#8 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-22 09:03 PM | Reply

" We have a terminal case of fox news."

The damage done by 30+yrs of right wing talk/hate radio/tv may be irreversible.

#9 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-10-23 07:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The fact that 44% of them due is an indictment in our education system.

#10 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-10-23 08:22 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Nixon

It starts in the home. That's where I got it from. I was raised as a "Conservative" in a very pro-Reagan household. Hell my parents voted for Ford even.

About 25 years ago I started to wake up and seeing what Bush did to this country convinced me I was wrong about many things. If I were to classify myself I am a FISCAL Conservative and a SOCIAL Liberal. When I look at the GOP I see reckless fiscal policy for 40+ years and a complete disregard for People in favor of corporations and a desire to squelch the rights of those they disagree with. It seems like every day I hear something new that makes me just shake my head. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of extreme liberal things I hear that make me shake my head as well but we are talking MAINSTREAM conservatism.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-10-23 09:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

You're all ignoring the bright side of re-electing Trump.

The coffin manufacturing business will shoot through the stratosphere.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-23 09:31 AM | Reply

The other 44% must be brain-damaged. Wow..

#13 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-10-23 01:14 PM | Reply

It would be nice to see these numbers broken down by State. As we all know national numbers are meaningless, how is he doing in swing states?

#14 | Posted by TKO at 2020-10-23 01:27 PM | Reply

" We have a terminal case of fox news."M

You seem to have caught the the Fox News blues. Have you been tested. Or traced? Maybe you need to shut down?

No. Don't worry. It sounds to me like you are rounding the corner.

There are only 15 cases like yours . Soon to be zero!

No need to do anything. It will just disappear like magic.

And while I take full responsibility it's not my fault!

It's China's fault.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-23 01:39 PM | Reply

For years I had people saying Fox News's influence is exaggerated...

Anyone still talking that horseshtt?

#16 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-23 06:56 PM | Reply

I basically lost my entire family to Fox News.

#17 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-23 06:56 PM | Reply

Where are all the good deprogrammers when you need them?

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2020-10-23 08:07 PM | Reply