Friday, October 23, 2020

Donald Trump took aim on Wednesday at the very existence of a nonpartisan, highly expert federal government workforce of people working for the good of the United States rather than the personal benefit of a president.

Comments

Trump: Making the presidency about him all of the time.

This is outrageous. We lose more of our institutional memory for the personal benefit of Trump.

The State Dept is gutted already as career personnel left in disgust.

#1 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-23 02:45 PM | Reply

Two weeks to go.

If Biden wins. He'll have an opportunity to fix and rebuild Trump's damage.

If Trump wins. America is over. Well be the 50 states. Russia will have won.

#2 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-23 02:55 PM | Reply

There's a method to Trump's madness.

Now he can do what he's wanted to do for a long time. FIRE DR. FAUCI.

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-23 03:17 PM | Reply

----------- in the White House.

#4 | Posted by Yodagirl at 2020-10-23 08:23 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2020-10-23 08:28 PM | Reply

this monstrosity could be re-elected.

Sadly.

I still give him the edge.

The GOP have a lot of influence in swing states.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-23 08:42 PM | Reply

I'm not sure why they're even considered swing states based on how republicans they tend to be.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-10-23 08:43 PM | Reply

WHODAMAN

"What kills me is the fact that I live in a country where this monstrosity could be re-elected."

Or even elected at all.

Trump sells illusions That's all he has. There's no substance behind the facade, just mindless jinglism. A late night TV commercial. He's a predator who stalks the careless and unwary. He creates dog whistles. He capitalizes on fears and insecurities. The greatest of which was, Obama is a black man which is where Trump's birtherism propaganda began. He creates enemies where non exist. He is a sponsor of hate.

I mention all this because Trump is trying to run his 2016 campaign all over again.

The difference now is people recognize the monstrosity they created. America made a grave mistake
in 2016 and we're paying a stiff price for it.

The good thing is, a Democrat usually comes along in the nick of time to right the Ship of State. It's happened before and it will probably happen again. What can you say? People are fickle. They like things that sparkle ~ until they find out it's just a cheap cubic zirconia.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-23 09:28 PM | Reply

"Trump cuts protection for career civil servants."

Otherwise better known as a "Consolidation of Power" ~ (circa Nazi Germany, 1934)

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-24 08:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump Order Cuts Protections for Career Govt Policy Experts

Just another item on the long list of things that must be protected by legislation when dems take control of the House, Senate and WH.

#10 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2020-10-24 10:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

It was an executive order which can easily be reversed along with all Trump's other attempts to consolidate all power unto himself.

But mainly, this particular executive is order is to give him the power to fire the #1 thorn in his side ~~ DR. FAUCI.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-24 11:16 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I used to work for NOAA. I had to retire for my health. Mental and physical.

After 20 years I could not work there any more due to the hostile environment of the federal government for last 2-3 years of my career.

I saw this coming.

So I retired and left the federal government. I felt like I had no choice for my health.

#5 | POSTED BY WHODAMAN

I am also considering leaving the divided states of America. For my mental and physical well being. I am about sick of seeing America crumble before my eyes. Maybe it wouldn't hurt as bad if I get far way. In my travels I have seen some pretty nice places out there to spend my final days that are not yet ruined and with economies being destroyed by the ignorance of trumpism.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-24 01:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1