Sunday, October 25, 2020

A new film reveals how Cambridge Analytica, collaborating with a software company, has created a platform for US churches that targets the poor, the addicted and the disabled -- to radicalize them for far-right politics.

Comments

The "religious right" are a pack of vile hypocrites.

#1 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-10-25 11:16 AM | Reply

In all an out information warfare propaganda works.

Joseph Goebbels and Baghdad Bob would be so proud.

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-25 12:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The only difference between this and a certain German party in the 30's and 40's is they aren't calling for them to be exterminated.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-25 02:01 PM | Reply

"they aren't calling for them to be exterminated."

Yeah they are, it's just done in dog-whistle format.

#4 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-25 05:47 PM | Reply

This is horrifying and unChristian.

They don't want to help these people they want to rob them by means of deception.

The scariest part is I know a guy who's got some mental issues but he's not dumb and he is liberal.

When I told him about this effort he asked "why didn't it work on me?".

I have no good answer to this.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2020-10-25 07:45 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

Yet.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-25 08:12 PM | Reply

trump's hate of the disabled was clear as day when he did that gross impression of a disabled reporter.

It's even more obvious now that we know for sure he withheld medical treatment from his disabled grandnephew over money.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2020-10-25 08:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You are mentally ill if you are religious in my book. Who needs human-created gods to feel safe? Religion preys on the weak and the young.

#8 | Posted by Brennnn at 2020-10-26 06:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There is such ignorance in this writing.

I know scores of ministers and churches, and politics NEVER is what is LEADING and MOTIVATING them.
It *can be* a byproduct, but it's not the mission, and that isn't anything close to primary.

Support for the GOP is SOMETIMES a byproduct of people embracing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I was a Democrat because of my rebellion against authority. Once I became a Christian, and dealt with that issue, NO ONE even talked to me about politics, my politics changed.

I've seen many who become born again become more left, as their independence and rebellion issues got dealt with that made them more ultra conservative.

But a Bible believing Christian will not be an atheistic Marxist. But most will care for the poor and many will care for the immigrant and those in prison.

But does any of the DR Left even care if churches are maligned?

#9 | Posted by drivelikejehu at 2020-10-26 06:48 AM | Reply

Furthermore,
my multiethnic church has a variety of political beliefs. I understand not every church is like mine, but Protestant Christians are not a monolith, and we have a refreshing amount of political diversity.

If any of you aren't thoroughly antichrist.

#10 | Posted by drivelikejehu at 2020-10-26 06:53 AM | Reply

#7 | Posted by Tor

But this isn't about Trump. This is a larger tactic being employed by the RR and "Conservatives". The Big Money behind Cambridge Analytica is only interested in rendering their vision of the world.

It is both entirely un-Christian and manipulating the very people that so many on the right have disdain for and fight helping every single opportunity they get.

#11 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-10-26 08:12 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by drivelikejehu

I mean no offense but you my friend are naive. I'm not going to say ALL ministers are this way because there are good ones out there. I know both conservative and "liberal" ministers and outright manipulative ones. Do we talk politics directly? Only with a couple. But you certainly need to broaden your awareness of those who wear the label of minister and their parishioners in general. A good friend of mine was rode out of town because he actually wanted to help. While we don't agree on religion he is a good man. Eventually he lost his church because he sought to help uplift the poor and worse minorities in our area.

I myself felt so much relief when I removed the blinders and recognized religion for what it is - a work of man with mostly people seeking power in charge and manipulating it.

#12 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-10-26 08:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Um, Dems have been trying to court those people for years so they can sell socialized healthcare. Why is the Kool-Aid all of a sudden not good when non-Dems do it? I'm sure you will have some snarky comments filled with partisan hate talking points to describe why it's different...but in the end it isn't.

#13 | Posted by humtake at 2020-10-26 11:49 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"There is such ignorance in this writing."

Then why bother to spread more?

Post 9 was nothing but garbage nonsense.

"Um, Dems have been trying to court those people for years so they can sell socialized healthcare. "

And even more ignorant statement. You guys are trying too hard.

Giving the poor and disadvantaged healthcare would be the Christian thing to do. Why are Christians so against affordable healthcare? Because that would undermine Gawds Plan? Because they would become less reliant on science and more reliant on Gawd?

The funny thing is you need both to heal. Too bad you don't promote that. You would get a better class of cult followers.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-26 12:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

This is why the Drumpf GOP and the Religious Reich are in bed together, they both target and attract the same mentally defective followers.

#15 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-26 01:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Furthermore:

Sit down and shut up you pious ------

#16 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2020-10-26 03:53 PM | Reply