Monday, October 26, 2020

The White House planned a Monday night celebration of the Republican Senate's expected confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court, a month after a similar event was linked to a COVID-19 outbreak that preceded President Donald Trump's own infection.

Comments

Learning from history is not a republican trait.

#1 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-10-26 05:32 PM | Reply

"The third branch may be one of the few institutions of our democratic republic that is not experiencing a collapse in pubic trust," Romney said"

LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL!

That's funny for so many different reasons. Mitt, as out of touch with the people as he ever has been.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-10-26 05:33 PM | Reply

I think Mitt sees illusions of grandeur in his future.

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-26 06:15 PM | Reply

Is he gonna have another super spreader event and invite Rona into the White House again?

That could be so much Trumptilian fun!!

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-26 06:45 PM | Reply

"If at first you don't succeed, ...." - Corona

#5 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-26 07:02 PM | Reply

Trump revels in the sense of power he gets from hurting people. That's mental!

However, I think torturing immigrant children crying for their mothers is still his favorite.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-26 07:20 PM | Reply

I think luring Ben Carson to his death -- along with thousands of other Trump supporters -- was his favorite.

They love him, and he kills them, and they just keep loving him.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-26 07:36 PM | Reply

I think luring Ben Carson to his death...

...is yet to come.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-10-26 07:41 PM | Reply

Ben Carson/Herman Cain - is there really much difference? One is a brain surgeon and the other is a dead brain surgeon who refused to wear a mask during a superspreader event.

9-9-9!!!!

#9 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-26 07:57 PM | Reply

My bad!
Herman Cain, not Ben Johnson.
In my defense: Americans all look the same to me.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-26 08:00 PM | Reply

and the other is a dead brain surgeon

Actually he was a pizza/burger salesman.

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-10-26 08:01 PM | Reply

I know Redial. I was making a pun on the fact we call dumb people "brain surgeons" as a dig.

Damn, can't even make a funny.... :( Next thing is you'll probably try to tell me that Borat isn't really from Kazakhstan....

#12 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-10-26 08:05 PM | Reply

Cut me some slack... I didn't mention Ben Johnson is a canuck. :-)

Well, until I did.

#13 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-10-26 08:29 PM | Reply

And so it came to pass that after the vote in the Senate that there was a rousing fete in the White House, with all GOP bigwigs, many Supreme Court justices, and most Trump administration officials attending.

And upon his inauguration President Biden's first act was to nominate five justices to the Supreme Court, to replace those justices who died of Covid, contracted at that White House fete. And that, kids, was how a liberal Supreme Court ruled for the following 40 years in this country...

#14 | Posted by catdog at 2020-10-26 09:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

CATDOG

Leave it to Donald to figure out how to dispose of witnesses.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-26 10:51 PM | Reply

Trump is just trolling the Libs.

I am not taking the bait.

You won that battle Trumpy. But m, because you don't know what winning really is you will lose the war.

It will be a Pyrrhic victory. Enjoy your gloating while you can.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.

"The strength to weight ratio is 1,000 times lower for the cow than the ant. ... The cow isn't strong enough to withstand the same fall. The bigger they are, the harder they fall is indeed true."

It's just science. The virus is just science. You deplorables are being blinded by it. Every one of you deplorables will be blinded by science.

(Blinded is metaphor uncle fester)

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-27 02:44 PM | Reply

DONNERBOY

"Every one of you deplorables will be blinded by science."

I don't even know how that's possible. Unless somebody is a survivalist living on a deserted island all their lives, they're surrounded by science from birth to death.

Trump is such an obvious presidential stink bomb, there has to be something more disturbing than disbelief in science going on in their heads.

Trump sells hatred, enemies, delusions and illusions to the unsophisticated. Maybe that's it.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-28 06:48 AM | Reply

"I don't even know how that's possible."

Organized Religion.

We live in Fantasyland.

Read "Fantasy Land- A 500 year history of how America went Haywire."

It's on Amazon. The author reads the audible version.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-28 12:08 PM | Reply