Thursday, October 29, 2020

Tony La Russa has been hired at age 76 to manage the Chicago White Sox, his first time as skipper since leaving the St. Louis Cardinals in 2011, ESPN's Jeff Passon tweeted Thursday afternoon. This makes him the third oldest manager ever behind Jack McKeon at age 80 in 2011 and Connie Mack at age 87 in 1950. Only three others managed teams in their 70s.

Comments

"Joementia calls him sonny."

Have you finally diagrammed Trump's statement to Hannity about Trump's goals for his second term, or did you finally give up?

"Well, one of the things that will be really great -- you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It's a very important meaning. I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times, all of a sudden, I'm president of the United States. You know the story, I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say, this is great. But I didn't know very many people in Washington. It wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now, I know everybody and I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people."

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-29 11:42 PM | Reply

Was the joke "That's nothing, Don Jr. calls him Fredo?"

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 12:31 AM | Reply

"Figures an idiot like you wouldn't get the joke."

Figures you'd still call him "Jomentia", while ignoring the Elephant in the nut house.

But I get it: you're just as embarrassed by Trump as is America.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-30 12:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

'He'll always be Joementia"

And you'll never be able to diagram Trump's blather.

Be sure to check for polyps while you're up there.

#7 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-10-30 01:41 AM | Reply

until Harris takes over for that very reason.
#6 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

Is that the ultimate fear?

yikes

#8 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-10-30 03:13 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Figures an idiot like you wouldn't get the joke.

#3 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

Maybe it was a bad joke? As in not funny? Biden is only one year older. No one calls someone that is only one year younger "sonny". Unless they call everyone sonny. You are trying too hard bro.

The best thing Trumpy can do now is take his spanking like a man. Just pretend it is Stormy whacking him on the Trump with a rolled up Time magazine.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 12:36 PM | Reply

This is an article about baseball...

#11 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-10-30 02:49 PM | Reply