Friday, October 30, 2020

Walmart has removed gun and ammunition from display in thousands of its stores in the United States, citing concerns of "civil unrest". Customers will still be able to buy guns and ammunition on request. It is not yet known how long firearms will be removed from the sales floor.

Comments

This is one of the sadly funniest headlines I have ever read.

Guns Keep America Safe!*

*Offer not valid at WAL*MART

#1 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 12:24 AM | Reply

Snoofy feel free not to arm yourself. I personally like having a 9MM in my lockbox next to my bed. I bought some blink cameras for my house as well. Interlopers will not be allowed in my home.

#2 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-10-30 09:32 AM | Reply

Why is Walmart banning guns, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

They are still allowing people to come in?

What a bunch maroons. Why would they remove something that doesn't kill anyone (guns) and not ban something that kills people (people)

What a bunch of snowflakes.

Go 'Merica

#3 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-30 09:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

BOCAINK

"Why would they remove something that doesn't kill anyone (guns) and not ban something that kills people (people)."

You just described co-dependency.

Walmart makes business decisions ~ not emotional decisions.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-30 09:49 AM | Reply

They're taking them off the shelves because they know that if Trump wins, crybabies will riot, and take them off their shelves to use them. Pretty obvious really Bocaink.

#5 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2020-10-30 10:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

KWRX25

I think you got that backwards.

Trump is the one who has White Supremacists on speed dial.

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-30 10:23 AM | Reply

these are peaceful protests, right?

#7 | Posted by Maverick at 2020-10-30 10:24 AM | Reply

"Snoofy feel free not to arm yourself. I personally like having a 9MM in my lockbox next to my bed."

Doesn't it make you sad, to be old and afraid?

It makes me sad just thinking about you.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 10:28 AM | Reply

#6 like they don't already have their own guns?

#9 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2020-10-30 10:32 AM | Reply

"They're taking them off the shelves because they know that if Trump wins, crybabies will riot"

If you really believe that, then you must also think the California ten day waiting period is a wise policy. Gives wannabe rioters ten days to calm down.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 10:36 AM | Reply

these are peaceful protests, right?

#7 | POSTED BY MAVERICK

Probably not if Biden wins. Walmart isn't taking any chances. Dead shoppers littering the isles isn't good for public relations.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-30 10:41 AM | Reply

#10 knowing/understanding what their reasoning is doesn't mean I back it.

In principle I'm much more skeptical of a law that would be enacted to because of how a crowd acts in a riot. Or more accurately how a crowd can't act appropriately.

To the point of something that is an actual fact, the Cali law. I struggle with a waiting period as constitutional, while not disliking the intent of counteracting a heat of the moment crime.

#12 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2020-10-30 10:49 AM | Reply

Trump is the one who has White Supremacists on speed dial.

#6 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

The Proud Bois are standing back and standing by.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 10:56 AM | Reply

The boogaloo bois are ready to boogie.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 10:56 AM | Reply

Bunker bois is ready to head to the bunker.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 10:57 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY KWRX25

I'm more concerned that if Trump loses the Basement Bois Battalion is going to come out and start shooting at houses with Biden signs.

#16 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-10-30 11:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

these are peaceful protests, right?

#7 | Posted by Maverick at 2020-10-30 10:24 AM | Reply | Flag:

Not when right wing extremists show up, kill cops, set fire to police stations and smash windows.

#17 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-10-30 11:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

DONNER

When Biden wins he's going to need a bathroom and some clean underwear.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-10-30 11:22 AM | Reply

"Why is Walmart banning guns, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
They are still allowing people to come in?"

If you read the article, it's because of "civil unrest".
They are afraid of wharf rats breaking in and looting and stealing the guns.
If someone commits a crime with a looted gun, Walmart could be sued out of existence.

#19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-30 11:25 AM | Reply

"Why is Walmart banning guns, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

They can still buy them on request.

It actually makes sense in a lot of places, like maybe Philadelphia?

Rioters stealing shoes or TVs is bad. Rioters stealing guns would be worse.

#20 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-10-30 11:32 AM | Reply

Doesn't it make you sad, to be old and afraid?

It makes me sad just thinking about you.

#8 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2020-10-30 10:28 AM

Not that old but you could be the baddest 22 year old the planet and if 5 guys show up at your door with pipes and knives you are getting messed up. By the time you call 911 and the cops show up you could be hamburger meat. I'd rather be prepared than just hope nothing bad ever happens to me.

#21 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-10-30 12:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Not that old but you could be the baddest 22 year old the planet and if 5 guys show up at your door with pipes and knives you are getting messed up."

MURICA!

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 12:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I'd rather be prepared than just hope nothing bad ever happens to me."

A much better preparation would be moving to an area not riddled with crime.

Have you tried living in a rich white neighborhood? Then you could like, go outside and stuff.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-10-30 12:17 PM | Reply

The firearms are still there. You have to get an employee to purchase one. You already had to get an employee to purchase one though and go through a standard NICS background check.

#24 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-10-30 12:41 PM | Reply

That was sarcasm.

I'm hoping that was sarcasm

#25 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-30 12:52 PM | Reply

#23 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2020-10-30 12:17 PM

What a great Idea! I will get right on that.

#26 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-10-30 12:53 PM | Reply

"Then you could like"

Like...LIKE?! Are you 18 yrs old?

#27 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-30 01:02 PM | Reply

When Biden wins he's going to need a bathroom and some clean underwear.

#18 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

If Trumpy wins so will I.

But I will just use the bathroom at the airport as I am heading for Canada.

Or France.

Or French Canada. Or French Polynesia. Whoever will take me.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 01:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"But I will just use the bathroom at the airport as I am heading for Canada."

Move in with the hollyweirdos that went when dubya won.
The second time..

#29 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-30 01:24 PM | Reply

Move in with the hollyweirdos that went when dubya won.
The second time..

#29 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Naw thx!

I am gonna join Limbaugh in that country he went to after Obama won.

And maybe I will start taking opioids to forget about the whole thing, too!

#30 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-30 01:59 PM | Reply

"And maybe I will start taking opioids to forget about the whole thing, too!
#30 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY"

Bad idea.. Oh wait I see your plan. Trump made you take opioids so now you're good to sue.
Retire to Fuji.

#31 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-10-30 02:04 PM | Reply

Walmart reversed.

#32 | Posted by ichiro at 2020-10-30 06:12 PM | Reply

...hollyweirdos...
#29 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

There's only one side that constantly actually elects Hollyweirdos to office. It ain't the Dems so I can't understand how this trope still has legs.

#33 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-10-30 08:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1