Friday, October 30, 2020

Kanye West gave his wife Kim Kardasian a hologram of her father for her 40th birthday, putting words in the mouth of Robert Kardasian, who died seventeen years ago of esophageal cancer. The hologram shares poignant personal anecdotes about raising Kim but then says, "You married the most, most, most, most, most genius man of all time, Kanye West." Kim tweeted, "I can't even describe what this meant to me and my sisters, my brother, my mom and closest friends to experience together."

Comments

Seems a little creepy...

...just sayin'...

#1 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-10-30 11:42 AM | Reply

Deep fakes are going to become indistinguishable from reality.
Here we see where we're headed; Daddy can finally tell you everything you wanted to hear.

I'm neutral on the creep factor. Interesting technology.
Application is an entirely different matter.

#2 | Posted by YAV at 2020-10-30 11:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Deep fakes are going to become indistinguishable from reality.
I'm neutral on the creep factor. Interesting technology.
Application is an entirely different matter.

#2 | POSTED BY YAV AT 2020-10-30 11:50 AM | FLAG:

Photoshop just released Neural AI that has automated a lot of things that used to take skill. It's interesting, creepy, and in some ways a limited and gimmicky.

#3 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-10-30 12:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dang Sitz - they've even put it in Elements. Some of the features are enough to make me buy! The one-click subject select, head adjust, eye open features alone are pretty amazing if the video's honest about how you do it and how easy it is. Thanks!

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2020-10-30 01:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Tasteless and gross. Not unexpected though.

#5 | Posted by dibblda at 2020-10-31 12:58 AM | Reply