Friday, October 30, 2020

More Texas voters have cast ballots in this year's general election than in the entirety of the 2016 election, according to the state's latest early vote tallies.

Comments

Texas is straining to go Blue. If it does, it will be flail to scourge the maniacal Republican Party--The mindless and emotionally retarded Party of Trump. He and it deserve it.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-10-30 02:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of voter-turnout records fall to the wayside this year.

imo, that would be A Good Thing.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-10-30 03:15 PM | Reply

I say about 50% will be thrown out by a court of some sort.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-30 03:46 PM | Reply

I say about 50% will be thrown out by a court of some sort.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-30 03:46 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm not so sure, the response has been so overwhelming, I think the GOP or the GOP judiciary fear massive reprisals if they do something like that. If it was a small number that needed to be, or that they could invalidate, in order to tip the election that would be different, but these numbers are already so massive, and they're only going to get bigger.

At least I hope I'm right.

#4 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-10-30 04:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Texas is going blue.

#5 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-10-30 04:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If that happens, Gov Abbot better watch his butt in the next election. He did all he could to stop this.

#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-10-30 04:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

50% was mostly tongue in cheek.

But I do expect shenanigans regarding decertifying votes post-election as I don't believe Trump will win outright in the absence of judicial games.

As for fear of reprisals I don't think that factors into their thinking. It doesn't seem to be have a major consideration up until this point and I don't think they'll start now. The question will be, IMO, how severe a crackdown are they willing to go through with if protests get large, loud and unruly.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2020-10-30 05:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I lived in Texas a while back and Houston & Austin are different but the rest of my boys are pounding down.

#8 | Posted by moonunit at 2020-10-30 10:32 PM | Reply

I lived in Texas a while back...

Good grief. It's ------!

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-10-30 10:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Good grief. It's ------!

#9 | POSTED BY REDIAL AT 2020-10-30 10:36 PM | REPLY

Looking for a cookie?

#10 | Posted by moonunit at 2020-10-30 10:44 PM | Reply

Toss a cookie.

#11 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-10-31 02:09 AM | Reply

my boys are pounding down.
#8 | POSTED BY MOONUNIT

Arent you so special!!

I suspect you and your boogaloo bois are gonna need to "pound down" quite a few pints after Nov 3 as your dreams of a hateful divided America in chaos is tossed onto the ash heap of history.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-10-31 01:13 PM | Reply