Saturday, October 31, 2020

Anxious but determined, Americans are pushing through challenges like the pandemic and long lines to cast their ballot. The country is on course to surpass 150 million votes for the first time.

Comments

That's horrific news for Trump and his fellow criminals in the GOP.
A blue tsunami is creating on the horizon!

#1 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-10-31 05:36 PM | Reply

I wasn't the original person that said it, and I forget who it was but I think it was a poster on the DR a few days back, but I cannot imagine this kind of turnout is caused by a desire to maintain the status quo. It doesn't make logical sense.

I'm cautiously pessimistic because logic would say Blue landslide.

#2 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-10-31 05:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If 150,000,000 vote, it'll be the first time since 1968 that 60% of voting age people went to the polls.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-31 07:17 PM | Reply

Here's a very good site for getting near real-time statistics on the number of votes which have already been cast in the 2020 election and how this compares to the 2016 numbers:

electproject.github.io

OCU

#4 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-10-31 07:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Florida:

9,420,039 votes cast in November 2016
8,300,000 votes case in early voting 2020 ... so far

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-31 07:27 PM | Reply

183% of Floridians have already early voted, 55% also voted by mail, and another 70% are expected to show on election day.
The other 40% just don't care.
Florida is an equal opportunity vote state, We encourage both dead democrats and republicans to vote.

#6 | Posted by bat4255 at 2020-10-31 07:52 PM | Reply

I'm cautiously pessimistic because logic would say Blue landslide.

#2 | Posted by bocaink

That could have been me. It's hard to fathom people standing in line for 3-6 hours to reelect Trump.

Here's another factor to consider, which very well make the difference:

More voters are women than men. Women outvote men by about 4%. They're swinging heavily towards Biden.

Another thing to consider is that incumbent presidents typically get a share of vote that matches their approval rating. He's been stuck in the low to mid 40's forever. And people everywhere are not approving of his COVID management, something that affects most of our lives.

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-10-31 10:32 PM | Reply

And keep in mind, that unlike in 2016, there are no significant 3rd party candidates (and don't say Kenya West as he's just as unlikely to take votes away from Trump as Biden) this time around.

OCU

#8 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-10-31 11:55 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY BAT4255 AT 2020-10-31 07:52 PM | FLAG: PFFFTTT

welllllll considering most of FL has one foot in the grave anyways...

#9 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-11-01 06:01 AM | Reply

Oh and I forgot... the part that doesn't is Canadian

#10 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-11-01 06:02 AM | Reply

"Black Democrats are doubling down on making sure theirs are counted."

This reminds me of the two central lies of the Suppressionist movement:

1. An additional barrier to voting won't be an additional barrier to voting. (Let that one sink in.)
2. If our goal is to add a requirement which suppresses 10,000 votes, and folks catch on to our scam and that triggers an additional 11,000 votes, then we haven't suppressed any voters. (I.E., if we fail, then we were innocent in the first place.)

#11 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-11-01 06:16 AM | Reply

Yay us!!

Go America!!

You can do this.

Yes we can.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-11-01 02:17 PM | Reply

55% of all Florida early voters are women and "Biden continues to lead with [FL] women, with 60% versus Trump's 37%".

A little good news for Sunday afternoon.

#13 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-11-01 03:02 PM | Reply