Sunday, November 15, 2020

Baby Yoda, who one year ago today cozied into the hearts of Star Wars fans with his bottomless eyes, fuzzy head, and adorable cooing, has invoked genuine social media wrath for last week's episode of The Mandalorian, in which the mystical infant remorselessly snacked on the eggs of an endangered galactic species.

Comments

It really is a creepy scene.

Eating intelligent life form is pretty much cannibalism and he was eating the infant form.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2020-11-13 03:11 PM | Reply

So, you like 'em over-easy or scrambled?

#2 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2020-11-13 05:21 PM | Reply

It was an eggsistential episode.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2020-11-13 05:29 PM | Reply

The eggs were not fertilized, as the mission was essentially to get the last-of-her-kind reptile person to meet up with her spouse.

Thus, no genocide.
Unless there are arguments also being made that farms which churn out chicken eggs are BaSiCaLly tHe Holocaust...(?)

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-13 05:37 PM | Reply

Wretched hive of scum and villainy!

I mean star wars fans. They hate everything.

#5 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2020-11-13 05:37 PM | Reply

Though I do love Star Wars lore nerd drama.
It will be interesting to see in the long term what kind of alighnment TheChild will turn out to be after being raised by the neutral-good Mandalorian

#6 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-13 05:41 PM | Reply

So because the eggs had not already been fertilized even though they were on their way to have them fertilized it's okay?

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2020-11-13 05:42 PM | Reply

tor-

It's a show.

#8 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2020-11-13 05:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yeah well Texas Chainsaw Massacre was just a movie I still found it frightening.

I also resent their saying I wear a mask. ;)

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-11-13 06:29 PM | Reply

S2E3 was a bite size 35minute episode introducing an interesting cast of characters who will hopefully return sometime soon. Also an interesting perspective on how Mandalorians may differ in adherence to the creed - if there is a creed - or whether Din is actually part of a breakaway tribe of zealot Mandos.

#10 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-14 10:05 PM | Reply

#10 Gonoless, this one is for you

www.bing.com

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-11-15 06:25 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

People have way too much time on their hands and take themselves WAY too seriously.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2020-11-15 02:41 PM | Reply

@MadBomber
Hahaha this series made me like Star Wars again, can't help but nerd out on the show :)

Forgot that there was a hottub time machine 2!

#13 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-16 06:17 AM | Reply

Someway somehow, this is a maniacal plot by the right to end abortions. Oh and I blame Trump..and..uh..Lawrence Welk.

#14 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-11-16 09:21 AM | Reply

Futurama already did this in their Season 2, Episode 18 The Problem with Popplers.
Tasty eggs of a sentient (and angry) species.

www.youtube.com

#15 | Posted by randomcanyon at 2020-11-16 10:21 AM | Reply

I'm not 100% convinced that this was just another scene where the child demonstrated his appetite. The Mandalorian show runners are not exactly known for their gimmicky plot devices. My guess is that it was a feint, that he did not actually eat the eggs and is just incubating them and they will return later. Maybe making them force sensitive or something.

The people complaining need to get a more productive hobby. If it turns out I am right they will look pretty stupid when the season ends.

#16 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-11-16 10:58 AM | Reply

I'll have to go and rewatch.
I thought they said they were the last of their line, as in family, not last of their kind.

#17 | Posted by MBlue at 2020-11-16 07:10 PM | Reply

A computer generated character ate some computer generated eggs?

And people got upset?

I'd suggest they get a life, but that's probably upsetting too.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-11-16 07:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Star Wars sucks eggs!

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-11-16 07:24 PM | Reply

I'm just glad Katee Sackhoff brought her Bo-Katan to life (having just finished my annual BSG rewatch) and that there was an Ahsoka reference. Everything else is immaterial imho. #16 | POSTED BY HAGBARD_CELINE

"And tell Ahsoka that Bo-Katan sent you!"

It would be great if Mando makes an immediate visit to make that connection, but I have a feeling he will find a side-quest to complete and get sidetracked.

Similar sense with the S2E1 mysterious character foreshadowing.

#20 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-17 10:46 AM | Reply

More Dems trying to ensure that speech is limited to only the things they agree with. It's gotten quite pathetic these days.

#21 | Posted by humtake at 2020-11-17 11:53 AM | Reply