Saturday, November 28, 2020

After Utah Sen. Mitt Romney strongly rebuked President Donald Trump's attempts to fraudulently overturn the results of the election and said he could not "imagine a worse, more undemocratic action by a sitting president," the sitcom actor Scott Baio tweeted that he might run against Romney in four years. "Hey Mitt Romney, beautiful golf courses in Utah ... maybe I'll move there, play a few rounds and unseat you," Baio tweeted. The former Joanie Loves Chachi and Charles in Charge actor has never held elective office. He endorsed Romney in 2012.

Comments

Hope Chachi wins the nomination. His campaign will implode after the Dems counter with Fonzie.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2020-11-23 02:04 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Didn't he support Alex Jones in claiming Sandy Hook school shootings were fake???

#2 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-11-23 02:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

@#2

Well, there's this...

Actor Scott Baio outrages Newtown victims' families on Twitter (Aug 2017)
apnews.com

...Actor Scott Baio has gone from "Charles in Charge" to a charlatan " in the eyes of parents of the Newtown school shooting victims.

The sitcom mainstay of the 1970s and 1980s recently drew their ire when Baio retweeted an Internet meme that showed the likeness between the mother of Heather Heyer, the paralegal killed by Nazi sympathizer in Charlottesville, Va., and the mother of slain Sandy Hook Elementary School teacher Victoria Soto. It was posted by a conspiracy theorist, who suggested that both tragedies were hoax and involved actors.

Soto's family immediately called out the "Happy Days" actor, who spoke at last summer's Republican National Convention and is shown with President Donald Trump in his Twitter profile photo.

"We are deeply disappointed that someone who has such a large audience would use that audience to target victims' families," Soto's family wrote on Facebook. "We tried to reach out to Scott on Twitter and he blocked us. When will enough be enough? We have been through hell and back dealing with hoaxers. From Megyn Kelly giving Alex Jones airtime to Scott sending out pictures to all his followers. We are real people at the other end of these conspiracy theories and it hurts us, deeply."...

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-11-23 02:16 PM | Reply

Didn't be avoid prosecution for sexually adjusting several of the kids from Charles In Charge because the statute of limitations had expired?

#4 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-11-24 12:22 AM | Reply

A b-list actor wants to join republicans politics and you know they will nominate him for president just like Trump and Reagan.

#5 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-11-24 08:29 AM | Reply

Is Chachi a Morman? It shouldn't be, but religion is a significant litmus test in Utah.

#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-11-25 11:55 AM | Reply

Yeah....good luck with that Charles.

#7 | Posted by Jasper at 2020-11-25 07:04 PM | Reply

I've told this story before ...

I was hired in my 20's to be Scott Baio's vocal coach when he was prepping to record an album. I showed up in a sport coat and tie at their family home, where he lived with his mom and dad.

After we did our vocal stuff, Scott took me out back to meet his dad, Mario, also his manager, who was sitting in one of two side-by-side chaise lounge chairs by the pool. So, I walked in between the chairs to shake his dad's hand. When I backed up my foot hit dead air and I fell backwards into their swimming pool. We all had a good laugh.

Sorry to have learned he's a right wing nutcase ...

#8 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-11-25 07:46 PM | Reply

Cool story, AU. But heck, you helped build that...

=D

#9 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-11-25 07:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

BTW, AU. As an aspiring musician that isn't really that good, I really enjoy hearing about your experiences with playing music. Vocal coach by your 20s? That's pretty cool.

I was 1st chair trumpet in my high school symphonic band in my junior and senior years. That's all the accolades I have received in terms of music. I gave it up in college and beyond; just too focused on learning and research to have the time. Plus, my dad was a traveling musician (drummer) who encouraged me to keep music as a hobby and not a profession.

I pick up my guitar once-in-a-while, but that's about it.

#10 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-11-25 07:55 PM | Reply

AU, you sure you weren't pushed?

:-)

#11 | Posted by eberly at 2020-11-25 08:19 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by horstngraben

I played trumpet in school too. 1st chair means you were pretty darned good!

Have you heard about a program called Guitar Rig (Native Instruments)? It's amp, cabinets, pedal effects, mics, and room/stage/arena simulations. Sounds amazing!

My engineer told me about it back when. He was recording an album on a well known rock group when the guitar amp went kaput. He set up Guitar Rig so they could get something done that day. They were so blown away with the sound they ended up rerecording all the electric guitar parts. It's all I use now when guitar players come to my studio. The thing I love about it is if you aren't 100% pleased with the sound you can tweak it at any point. I'm an accomplished keyboard guy but only plays mediocre guitar for grins or to get an idea down. Guitar rig lets me pretend to be Angus Young at O2 arena ... or wherever.

#11 | Posted by eberly

He he. That would have been a better story, but I stepped backwards into thin air. We all knew what was happening the minute that foot hit nothing but air and my arms started flailing. The laughter started right then. From then on, I wore tee shirt, shorts, and flip flops to his house - first impression over with :-)

#12 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-11-25 11:49 PM | Reply

I thought all of Hollywood were libs and Commies. At least, that's what Faux News says.

#13 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2020-11-26 10:47 AM | Reply

Faux News West LA Edition asks
What are you doing here?
www.youtube.com

#14 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-11-28 11:08 PM | Reply

Whelp, he certainly sew up the Hollywood D-lister vote. Campaign managers no doubt will be Jon Voight and James Woods.

#15 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-11-29 12:14 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by LegallyYourDead

James Woods and Jon Voight are a couple of other right wingers who come to mind.

#16 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-11-29 04:40 PM | Reply