Saturday, November 28, 2020

Kate Murphy: It doesn't matter if it's a holiday ritual or more mundane habit like how you tie your shoes; if you can't do it the way you normally do it, you're biologically engineered to get upset. This in part explains people's grief and longing for the routines that were the background melodies of their lives before the pandemic -- and also their sense of unease as we enter a holiday season unlike any other.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Luckily, there is a vast repertoire of habits you can adopt and routines you can establish to structure your days no matter what crises are unfolding around you. ...

The point is to find what works for you. It just needs to be regular and help you achieve your goals, whether intellectually, emotionally, socially or professionally. The best habits not only provide structure and order but also give you a sense of pleasure, accomplishment or confidence upon completion.

Comments

Feel good nonsense.

#1 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-11-29 04:28 AM | Reply

Face time with kids, grands and great grands. one atta time.

#2 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-11-29 08:20 AM | Reply

Deny it even exists for six months

#3 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-11-29 11:13 AM | Reply

Then claim no personal responsibility for the out of control spread

#4 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-11-29 11:14 AM | Reply

Other new routines may include:
Eating ice cream straight from the tub.

#5 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-29 03:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Other new routines may include:
Eating ice cream straight from the tub.

#5 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-11-29 03:09 PM | Reply | Flag:

I'm not sure how I'm going to keep my entire bathtub cold enough for 100 gallons of ice cream, but I'm willing to give it a try!

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2020-11-29 04:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Ok I'll admit it at least once I've driven to Church.

I know it's not open but going to it still helps me feel sane.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2020-11-29 07:14 PM | Reply

Here is Okiehomie weather caused the local farmer's Market to move from a nice outdoor pavilion to a local senior center. The other week when enter the building I saw a middle-aged couple wearing their masks below their noses. I touched my nose and said "Mask up, please" (after a local promotion by OKC's Republican mayor). The wife then went off, stating that 'masks don't work'. My new habit: avoid the Farmer's Market--too many kooks. We now buy directly from the vendors, at their farms...

#8 | Posted by catdog at 2020-11-30 09:16 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1