Friday, December 04, 2020

A former presidential candidate has a plan for getting people skeptical of a coronavirus vaccine to get the shot: pay them $1,500. "The faster we get 75% of this country vaccinated, the faster we end COVID and the sooner everything returns to normal," said former U.S. Rep. John Delaney, D-Md., CNBC.com reported Thursday.

Comments

Isn't this interesting? Trump done made vaccines so scary someone wants to pay me $1500 for what I was going to do anyway.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-12-04 03:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

It will work for some of them but others will double down on their tracker conspiracy theories.

#2 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-12-04 09:00 PM | Reply

This need of a "stimulus check" plays right into the narrative of the anti-vaxers.

(and I won't even mention the religious arguments against it. OK, I just did....)

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-12-04 09:47 PM | Reply

That would be a small cost given the economic benefits. It's a no brainer. But since repubs have no brains and the senate, it wont happen.

#4 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-12-04 11:59 PM | Reply

I plan on getting one anyway. I hope they do this!

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2020-12-05 02:07 AM | Reply

After standing outside a local Walmart for 45 minutes before getting let-in, I'm anxious for the chance to get vaxed and back to 24 hour shopping.

#6 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-12-05 03:36 AM | Reply

SPEAK

"That would be a small cost given the economic benefits."

Granted but since Trump didn't get re-elected, the Republicans don't want the economy to improve. If anything, they want to drive it deeper into the ground.

I expect the next four years will bring that point home. They'll roll the dice on the 2022 midterms, too, where they have 34 seats up for grabs. Then, naturally, they'll blame Biden for not being a miracle worker.

The best thing that could happen for the country is for the Repubs to lose the Senate majority.

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-12-05 04:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

SPEAK

Unless the run-off in Georgia gives Biden the majority in the Senate, and the Republicans get a second bite at the apple without Trump, sad to say, they really don't give a damn if a couple million more people die because of them.

It's a sad state of affairs, but it's true. Their mission is to destroy our constitutional democracy and set the stage for the Republican Party to come roaring back in 2024 ~ with another subversive/traitorous GOP candidate to continue their million creep.

GOP is "Government of the People." That the butt of a bad joke right now.

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-12-05 04:52 AM | Reply

I would be first in line if possible. They can keep the $. Or donate to a food bank.

#9 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-12-05 10:13 AM | Reply

Since I'm going to get the vaccine anyway, I'd be happy to take $1500 to do it!

#10 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-12-05 12:06 PM | Reply

If it's good enough for Dr. Fauci, I'm on board, too.

#11 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-12-05 02:59 PM | Reply

Honestly when conspiracy clowns drone on and on about government control blah blah blaaahhhhh I wonder what the kcuf they think the government is going to do with controlled people? Turn them into slaves? Already did that with stagnant wages and inflation. Just look at Texass. Low unemployment high poverty. They act so much like the Mexicans it's a wonder they just don't secede and be done with it.

If they want to pay me to take a shot sure. I can buy a Martin 000 sm something or other because I'm a yankee doodle dandy

#12 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-12-05 03:24 PM | Reply

Bring. It. On.

#13 | Posted by cbob at 2020-12-05 03:42 PM | Reply

Pretty sad we have to pay people not to be --------.

#14 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2020-12-06 02:31 AM | Reply

Just think of it as a "stimulus check" . . . sort of.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-12-06 03:10 AM | Reply

I will believe it when I see it. And even then I will probably be suspicious and read the fine print several times.

Thanks to Trumpy I don't trust anyone not in my bubble.

70 million people voted for 4 more years of Idiocracy.

I might even know some of them. It's too unbelievable. I would never believe it happened if I didn't see it myself. And they are seriously trying to overthrow an election based on more Trumpy lies. They go and stand in groups sharing the virus. Spreading it. And the ones that don't go cheer them on and defend them. They defend the lies!

How can I trust any of them?

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-12-06 12:32 PM | Reply

I don't think incentivizing the vaccine will make that much difference. I'd rather they used the money to extend unemployment benefits.

#17 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-12-06 01:22 PM | Reply