Monday, December 14, 2020

With a quarter Million Dead and the violence continuing with his encouragement there's no longer any question as to whether or not Trump is unchristian. The question is how many can we save from following his path of destruction?

Comments

"What a bunch of money-grubbing, power hungry, partisan cowards who care nothing about conservatism," Swallow Prior, a self-described life-long conservative, said in her tweet.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-12-14 07:28 AM | Reply

As a Believer, the Christian Nationalism Movement scares the bejeebers out of me. The goals are not much different than Al Queda and other jihadist movements in the Muslim world, and we're starting to see the same rhetoric from some Christian leaders in the US. The worry is when the rhetoric turns into action; I only hope these leaders are held accountable when their followers resort to violence as a form of political action.

#2 | Posted by bartimus at 2020-12-14 11:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Jesus isn't interested in America's two-party division"

www.washingtonpost.com

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2020-12-14 01:47 PM | Reply

I have been saying for years that the Evangelical and taliban movements are exactly one (never followed) messiah a part. Guns,gays, abortion, government-their positions are interchangeable.
The taliban have their interpretation of the Koran, the Ivangelicals have their interpretation of the Old Testament, the same one the taliban follows. The New Testament is an embarrassment to them.
They have proclaimed tRump as Old Testament God's second, and improved Son.

#4 | Posted by northguy3 at 2020-12-14 05:35 PM | Reply

Here in Okiehomie, the pastor at my church (Roman Catholic) started going off the other day about all the Muslims in the US nowadays, during the homily for his daily Youtube mass. Upon hearing that I marked my final day as a parishoner of that church, one of the largest in the 405. I used to like the guy. In a parish with many Native American, African American and mixed race families, I doubt anyone wanted to hear his message. Bye, Bye Fr. Ray. You know who you are, you know what you said, and you know what you get to atone for...

#5 | Posted by catdog at 2020-12-14 06:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Many of these people desire persecution, you know, to prove to everyone they're real Christians who'd die for Jesus. One day, when they cross the line, it's probably going to cause behavior that is self-fulfilling.

Well, even by the most generous reading of their own book, it doesn't end well for almost all of them.

I've always wondered what in modern times might trigger mass persecution of Christians. I think a new possibility has been presented.

#6 | Posted by LiquidCake at 2020-12-14 08:46 PM | Reply

I had a doctor's appointment today. While I was waiting for the doctor to come in and see me, I could overhear the conversation my doctor was having with a patient in the next room. The patient shared how she had read/heard someone say not to give up hope, that God was going to perform a miracle and Donald Trump was going to continue to be president. I couldn't hear everything she said, but what came through was how much she feared a Biden/Harris administration and her strong hope/conviction that God was going to save America from that evil outcome by pulling off a miracle on Trump's behalf sometime between now and January 20th.

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-12-14 08:56 PM | Reply

Trumpism Vs Christianity?

This is easy. They're both cults.

#8 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-12-14 09:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Christians are leading the effort to combat the orange plague Trump and his cult are the leading cause of the orange plague.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-12-14 10:53 PM | Reply

Trumpism Vs Christianity?
This is easy. They're both cults.

^
Ah I see.
There were good people on both sides.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-12-14 11:51 PM | Reply

There is no such thing as Trumpism. It's just a euphemism for Libs to make up anything they want about the other party and label it so they can use it to spread hate.

#11 | Posted by humtake at 2020-12-15 12:37 PM | Reply

#11 considering Trumpists have now turned on Fox, Mitch and Bill Barr, yeah Trumpism is a thing.

They were chanting "down with the GOP" because they didn't install dear leader as POTUS for four more years (or more).

So STFU moron.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2020-12-15 02:17 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by catdog

Sounds like your priest is another "Christian" who's ripped out everything between the Old Testament and Romans in his Bible; the parts containing the words of the namesake of Christianity. So many ignore it and justify anything by going back to the Old Testament or the bulk of the New Testament, written by Paul, who never knew Jesus in His lifetime.

I'd remind him of the parable of the Good Samaritan and suggest he reread Matthew 25: 31-46

#13 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-12-15 03:12 PM | Reply

Perhaps not hearing from Trump for a month will solve many problems.

#14 | Posted by Tor at 2020-12-16 12:54 PM | Reply

If we're lucky, Twitter will shut off Donald's account. And the media will stop reporting his diatribes. I think it is unlikely that we'll stop hearing from Donald and his minions. But we can hope.

More likely, he'll want to keep himself relevant. And he's built the networks and cult following to do so.

#15 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-12-16 02:36 PM | Reply