Wednesday, December 23, 2020

With the first doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine now being administered in the U.S., the federal government is giving employers around the country the green light to require immunization for most workers.

Comments

"but it's against my religion"

#1 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2020-12-23 08:54 AM | Reply

Like it or not local government can too.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2020-12-23 09:10 AM | Reply

This has been prevalent for years
Many employers already require proof of annual flu shots as condition for employment. It's either a flu shot, wear a mask or go work elsewhere

Whooptydoo

#3 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-12-23 10:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

According to the DR know-it-all GOP one could simply renegotiate your employment conditions and avoid this altogether

So it's no big deal

#4 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-12-23 10:37 AM | Reply

Well, I can negotiate my way through this if I want to.

#5 | Posted by eberly at 2020-12-23 10:38 AM | Reply

I have already relayed my horror with the forced flu vaccination to keep my job with Providence, which they then eliminated anyway.

#6 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-12-23 11:21 AM | Reply

#1 | Posted by kwrx25

Private sector is great in that regard.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-12-23 01:20 PM | Reply

If one has a history of being allergic to vaccines, taking any vaccine could be dangerous.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-12-23 11:09 PM | Reply

Oh good I look forward to it being required of welfare recipients as well so Trump supporters can't spread it to decent Americans.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-12-24 01:06 AM | Reply

"I don't believe I can take this one either. If it's any worse than the flu shot I am terrified."

The worst part of a flu shot is waiting in line for the flu shot.

It's normally 2-3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

#10 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-12-24 08:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The worst part of a flu shot is waiting in line for the flu shot.
It's normally 2-3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
#10 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER AT 2020-12-24 08:57 AM

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-12-24 11:52 AM | Reply

Liberals will love this since it gives them ANOTHER way to discriminate against people and separate people into groups, and then judge them and find ways to remove their freedoms if they don't agree with Liberal ideology. I mean, I'm all for vaccinations but not forcing them. And someone up there says that companies require flu vaccinations? That must be a regional thing as I've yet to encounter any organization that requires this and I have done countless compliance engagements with organizations, especially during my tenure when I traveled to organizations across the country to validate their controls. I don't doubt there are some that may require it, like medical workers and such, but exaggerating it like it's a prevalent commonality amongst American organizations is dead wrong.

#12 | Posted by humtake at 2020-12-24 11:52 AM | Reply

No shirt no shoes no mask no vaccine no service

#13 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-12-24 12:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#12 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE AT 2020-12-24 11:52 AM

Providence is a large medical industry here. The largest in the NW.

I functioned as a computer technician so travelled to their various facilities, clinics and clinicians. The reasoning was that we are encountering people in direct contact with intake, emergency, nurses and physicians. These are highly trained, very professional staff with demands that keep their operations safe. I loved that job. Directly after the forced vaccinations the department was closed - 22 of us lost our jobs just two weeks before Christmas.

#14 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-12-24 12:25 PM | Reply

"but it's against my religion"

#1 | Posted by kwrx25

That's true. The republican religion is unwavering support for stupidity and ignorance.

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-12-24 01:23 PM | Reply

I mean, I'm all for vaccinations but not forcing them.

#12 | Posted by humtake

No one is forcing anything. You can quit and go find a job working for another moron who doesn't care about covid.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-12-24 01:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

At the very least health care companies require it.

So do universities on medical campuses.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2020-12-24 08:39 PM | Reply

"This was forced on us to keep our jobs at Providence. FORCED. I complied to keep a roof over my families head."

When did the autism kick in? Right after or at the end of the month?

#18 | Posted by dibblda at 2020-12-24 09:22 PM | Reply

"I was in a painful fog for at least one month. And angry. And sick. I couldn't drive, barely walk and talk let alone type - it was the single most debilitating act of "medicine" I've experienced. The disassociation was quite evident - vaccines are not something I can ever take again."

But seriously what happens when you actually get sick, is it this bad? Actually getting the flu is live virus rather than dead, so still foreign material. Maybe you have an underlying condition unrelated to but corresponding with the time period you got your shot. Get to a doctor.

#19 | Posted by dibblda at 2020-12-24 09:55 PM | Reply

No problem requiring a vaccination for employees a long as employers are held responsible for negligence if they get employees sick due to lack of providing proper PPE and testing and safe and healthy working conditions.

In other words, as long as it works both ways.

Otherwise, you "employers" can kiss my patooty.

Because I am retired now and though I would like to still do productive work I don't have to.

#20 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-12-25 11:27 AM | Reply

It happens.

I'm obligated to get vaccinated for stuff all the time. I've never had a problem, but I have a co-worker who had to spend a few weeks in the hospital after getting a vaccination. And the mandatory Anthrax vaccine killed at least one military member.

#21 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-12-25 01:31 PM | Reply