Monday, December 28, 2020

Police investigating a camper van blast that injured three people in Nashville on Christmas Day have named a suspect after DNA was collected at the scene. Officials in the US state of Tennessee said the DNA matched that of Anthony Quinn Warner, 63.

Comments

"Investigators refused to comment on a possible motive, following reports that Warner harbored deep paranoia about 5G cell phone technology.

Nashville Mayor John Cooper on Sunday said he suspects that the AT&T transmission center was targeted in the attack, which wreaked havoc on phone systems in multiple Southern states on Christmas Day."

www.dailymail.co.uk

Hmmm.... and where might such a 5G conspiracy theory be found?

"Last year, the New York Times traced the present 5G anxiety to a Florida physicist named Bill Curry, who published incorrect research showing a correlation between rising frequency of radio waves and tissue damage in the brain. Curry failed to account for the fact that human brains are shielded from such radiation by their skin and skulls, but a chart he made about the theory has become canon in the world of cellular technology conspiracy theories.

www.vox.com

Ah so, perhaps another debt we owe Alex Jones.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-12-27 09:17 PM | Reply

"The Russian television network RT has pointed to such ideas to push theories about the dangers of 5G technology, as has Infowars founder Alex Jones. Infowars even sells a "5G Kills" T-shirt."The Russian television network RT has pointed to such ideas to push theories about the dangers of 5G technology, as has Infowars founder Alex Jones. Infowars even sells a "5G Kills" T-shirt."

Thanks, First Amendment!

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-12-27 09:50 PM | Reply

AU posted this info yesterday, to be fair. Just confirmed today. Unabomber II was one of my first impressions as far as motive went.

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-12-27 09:56 PM | Reply

Camper Van Blast sounds like a band name.

#4 | Posted by DarkVader at 2020-12-28 10:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Yep - Camper Van Beethoven. A few songs they did I enjoyed.

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2020-12-28 10:32 AM | Reply

If I had a camper van, I would name it Van Morrison.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-12-28 11:20 AM | Reply

If I had a camper van, I would name it Van Morrison.

I'd name it Beethoven. :>)

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-12-28 11:50 AM | Reply

Damn you! You beat me to it!

I would going to say Camper Van Blast sounds like a great band name.

There I still said it.

#8 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-12-28 12:04 PM | Reply

What's funny is the 5G conspiracy ---- is the same bad info that's been thrown around since cell phones became common, info that hasn't been supported by any rigorous science.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2020-12-28 12:20 PM | Reply

Youtubers Trent and Allie named their van Pamela Vanderson.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-12-28 01:20 PM | Reply

Conspiracy theories can blow up in your face.

#11 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-12-28 01:40 PM | Reply

Well, f---. With the threads combined, it looks like I ripped-off Darkvader.

Apologies all around. (Yes, my ego is that delicate...)

#12 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-12-28 05:52 PM | Reply

If I had a camper van, I would name it Van Morrison.
#6 | POSTED BY CORKY