Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A Capitol staffer found that the office panic buttons had been "torn out" while she hid from pro-Trump insurrectionists swarming the building during last week's siege.

Comments

I still say there is more, lots more, to this than we currently know.

I'm at the point where we are still finding out the questions we need to ask.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-01-13 06:04 PM | Reply

Oh, by the, ... I am sure there will be someone who will step forward to a podium to say that it is perfectly normal for emergency alert buttons to be removed.

The answer I want to see is who removed them, and for what purpose?

With a followup question, under whose orders?

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-01-13 08:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I feel as though our government is under attack and, unfortunately, too many people who are employed to defend us are actually turn coats working with our enemies. This nation is in trouble and we will need to rid ourselves of every single member of Congress or the civil service or our police that are complicit with the thugs who invaded our capitol. It will probably require endless investigations but it has to be done. We should start with kicking out any Congress person who cooperated, in any way, with the insurrectionists and probably charge them with crimes and put them in prison. Then go down to the next level of authority and clean house there too. It's as if our nation is infested with nasty sub-humans who are willing to do anything, including murder, just to keep the piece of filth they love in power. Donald Trump is a perfect example for why dictators are usually killed when they are removed from power, otherwise their crazy followers might put them back in power.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2021-01-14 08:20 AM | Reply

I work in Law Enforcement. I was concerned this past summer that I would be expected to respond to the George Floyd protests and do something (restrict somebody's right to peacefully protest) with which I disagreed. Fortunately, that never happened. The George Floyd event in our small city was peaceful, our department was proactive, we reached out to the organizers and helped with the planning, we provided traffic control and security and it went perfectly.

Somebody who knew of my progressive politics once asked me what I would do if I was expected to enforce a law that I disagreed with. I responded that I would use whatever discretion was granted to me, and if there was none, I would look for a different line of work. Over the past 20 years, I've worked with and happily debated many co-workers who were conservative. I have noticed a significant change with some of my coworkers and many former LE "friends" in the past four years, and especially the past year. They have become "radicalized" by Trumpism. Some have gone full Qanon. One of them, who is retired but is still a FB "friend," posted support for the Proud Boys over the summer and has posted support for the crazy Trumper woman killed at the Capitol. Others have been posting about how the election was stolen, how Trump has been the greatest POTUS ever and how he was robbed, and terrible Reichwing media lies about President and VP elect Biden and Harris. I wonder if that radicalization was why the Capitol police response, allowing fellow officers to be dragged into the crowd and beaten, one to death, was so much more restrained than what I would have expected to see.

#4 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2021-01-14 11:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fortunately for me, I learned to hate and fear cops when I was in college in the Seventies after I returned from the USAF in Thailand. I have had been in custody a few times and only once was I arrested; although there's been nothing since 1977. From what I have read, if I came upon a cop lying on the sidewalk, I would call for help. I would keep my distance, because I would not want his friends to think I had anything to do with him being on the sidewalk.

#5 | Posted by john47 at 2021-01-14 12:33 PM | Reply

The answer I want to see is who removed them, and for what purpose?
With a followup question, under whose orders?
#2 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2021-01-13 08:31 PM | FLAG: RECEIVED | NEWSWORTHY 2

I'm certain Biden will sweep this under the Unity rug.

Danni is right - these are government agents attacking other members they don't want around.

#6 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2021-01-14 02:13 PM | Reply

"I'm certain Biden will sweep this under the Unity rug."

We'll see. The FBI will be if not already looking into it.

And i expect to see a 9/11 level investigation soon. Soon as someone takes charge of this mess.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-01-14 02:44 PM | Reply

"I'm certain Biden will sweep this under the Unity rug."
We'll see. The FBI will be if not already looking into it.
#7 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2021-01-14 02:44 PM

There were FBI involved in that assault, btw.

They did nothing regarding Alfa and the DeVos/Trump server fiasco, instead MSM buried it entirely, never to be repeated by any representative - I have zero faith.

The 9/11 "investigation" was headed by perps. Do you honestly make that comparison as a description of justice or a legitimate investigation?

Their "report" is factually inaccurate and deliberately missing large sums of evidence.

#8 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2021-01-14 02:52 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY REDLIGHTROBOT

Regardless of what you think of it there will be one.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-01-14 03:15 PM | Reply

"There were FBI involved in that assault, btw."

There is a new sheriff in town.

They better have good alibis.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2021-01-14 03:16 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY REDLIGHTROBOT
Regardless of what you think of it there will be one.
#9 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2021-01-14 03:15 PM

Garbage in garbage out. File 17 still hasn't been released unredacted - I wonder why? Even Obama couldn't make them expose those 28 mysterious pages of involvement.

"There were FBI involved in that assault, btw."
There is a new sheriff in town.
They better have good alibis.
#10 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2021-01-14 03:16 PM

There has been zero coverage of the panic buttons being removed.

New sheriff? Same MSM. Same omissions. Same failures decade after decade.

Currently we have firemen, police, FBI and GOP legislators involved in this latest act of domestic terrorism. I have not seen the MSM mention the FBI agents involved yet.

I highly doubt Biden will "get to the bottom" of this issue whatsoever.

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2021-01-15 09:45 AM | Reply

"There has been zero coverage of the panic buttons being removed."

www.google.com

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-01-15 09:50 AM | Reply

"I have not seen the MSM mention the FBI agents involved yet."

I haven't seen anything about that yet. Got a link?

#13 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-01-15 09:52 AM | Reply