Monday, January 18, 2021

A New Mexico county official and founder of the group Cowboys for Trump who had vowed to return to Washington after last week's riot at the U.S. Capitol to place a flag on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk has been arrested Sunday by the FBI.

Comments

"On Thursday, Griffin, said he planned to travel with firearms to Washington, D.C., for Biden's inauguration.

"I'm gonna be there on Jan. 20 ... and I'm gonna take a stand for our country and for our freedoms," Griffin said during a meeting of the Otero County Board of Commissioners.

"I'm gonna leave either tonight or tomorrow. I've got a .357 Henry Big Boy rifle lever action that I've got in the trunk of my car and I've got a .357 single action revolver, the Colt Ruger Vaquero that I'll have underneath the front seat on my right side and I will embrace my Second Amendment," he said."

That's one smart hombre!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2021-01-18 12:54 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

Also arrested:

Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer has turned himself in to authorities after participating in the Jan. 6 pro-Trump mob riot at the United States Capitol Building as Electoral College votes for now President-elect Joe Biden were being certified.

WishTV reports the FBI confirmed Schaffer turned himself in at around 3PM ET.

"Jon Schaffer, Columbus, IN, has been arrested in connection to Jan 6 incident at the U.S. Capitol," reads an official statement from the FBI. "Schaffer faces 6 charges including engaging in an act of physical violence in a Capitol building. Schaffer was allegedly among rioters who sprayed Capitol police with "bear spray."

The photo shows Schaffer in a blue hoodie, black fingerless gloves and a hat that reads "Oath Keepers Lifetime Member." The Oath Keepers is a far-right anti-government militia organization that was formed in 2009."

loudwire.com

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2021-01-18 01:04 AM | Reply

Finally the FBI is doing its job.

#3 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-18 03:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

All this makes me leery of small towns... And I grew up in small towns.

#4 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-01-18 01:36 PM | Reply

That's a serious presence to arrest a cowboy.

Maybe the feds have actually begun to take this seriously.

Hopefully early enough in the game to save all our federal buildings.

#5 | Posted by LostAngeles at 2021-01-18 08:22 PM | Reply

I've got a .357 Henry Big Boy rifle lever action...

I used to have one of those. Nice rifle but I wouldn't try to fire on Ft. Sumpter with it.

#6 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-01-18 09:46 PM | Reply

Thanks to the insurrection this country is getting hundreds of dangerous morons off the streets. It's as if the Feds waded into the crowd at the gun and knife show and asked for volunteers to give up their guns and go to jail, and hands went up in every direction...

#7 | Posted by Catdog at 2021-01-18 09:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Give it a day or two. My theory is that the FBI is waiting for Lewzer to lewze his pardon pen before they ID and arrest a lot of d-bags.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-01-18 10:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Those rumors these people confuse their weapons with their dicks? Confirmed.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2021-01-18 10:30 PM | Reply

Those rumors these people confuse their weapons with their dicks? Confirmed.

Good bet. I don't think the "Colt Ruger Vaquero" is even a thing. Be kind of like a "Ford Chevy F-150".

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-01-18 10:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Founder of MORONS FOR MORON

#11 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2021-01-18 11:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

REDIAL

"My theory is that the FBI is waiting for Lewzer to lewze his pardon pen before they ID and arrest a lot of d-bags."

Good thinking.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-01-19 05:14 AM | Reply

I don't think the "Colt Ruger Vaquero" is even a thing.

#10 | POSTED BY REDIAL AT 2021-01-18 10:39 PM | FLAG:

It's a thing. It's a modern version of a the Colt Single Action Army revolver that came out in 1873. It's one of the most popular firearm designs in history, and the Peacemaker model issued to US Cavalry forces is considered "Americana", an integral part of US heritage and folklore.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-01-19 08:01 AM | Reply

Its actually Ruger Vaquero Colt 45, with the Colt 45 referring to the 45 long Colt cartridge. Its not Ruger Colt.

#14 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-01-19 08:36 AM | Reply

Or Colt Ruger.

#15 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-01-19 08:36 AM | Reply

Well dang, Horstn knows classic revolvers.

#16 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2021-01-19 08:45 AM | Reply

Well dang, Horstn knows classic revolvers.

Obviously more so than the dumb Trumper.

"I've got a .357 single action revolver, the Colt Ruger Vaquero"

If it is a .357, Colt doesn't belong anywhere in the name, since the Colt refers to the .45. Different models of the Vaquero are available; .357 magnum, .38 special, 45 Colt, which is why they tag the cartridge at the end of the name.This Trump dummy doesn't even know his firearms (big surprise!).

I have a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk, a single action .44 magnum revolver. Very similar to the Vaquero.

None are suitable weapons for an insurrection, IMO. Neither is the .357 lever action rifle.

#17 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-01-19 09:15 AM | Reply

The .357 and the .38 Special would be the same gun. I wonder if this clown was dressed up like Josey Wales?

#18 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-01-19 09:39 AM | Reply

The .357 and the .38 Special would be the same gun.

A .357 mag can shoot .38 special, but a .38 special is not designed to handle the higher pressure of the .357 mag.

#19 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-01-19 09:49 AM | Reply

Obviously. Does Ruger actually make a .38 Special Vaquero? Or just the .357 that can shoot booth?

#20 | Posted by REDIAL at 2021-01-19 09:53 AM | Reply

It looks like you're right, redial. No Vaquero 38 Special, just the 357.

#21 | Posted by horstngraben at 2021-01-19 11:03 AM | Reply

Funny how all these manly men (when in front of a crowd or camera) backtrack at warp speed when the cuffs go on.

#22 | Posted by northguy3 at 2021-01-19 11:40 AM | Reply

Gives 'rope-a-dope' a whole new meaning...

#23 | Posted by catdog at 2021-01-20 09:34 AM | Reply