Monday, January 18, 2021

U.S. defense officials say they are worried about an insider attack or other threat from service members involved in securing President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, prompting the FBI to vet all of the 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event.

Comments

What's interesting is when I enlisted in the 1988, most of the recruits were just-graduated high school students needing a way to pay for college. Plus it got them out of their one-horse towns with no prospects for employment beyond flipping burgers and sacking groceries for minimum wage. When you got to know them, other reasons started sproutiing. For instance, my father had a massive stroke at 50 and and his personality changed and caused my mother a lot of problems. He finally died at 60. i was 24. So, he got a whopping $550 disability check. So, joining the Army Reserve was my way out.

Today, the recruits are joining-up to go shoot Mooslums. And are coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan no doubt with PTSD at best and with borderline personality disorder at worst, save losing their lives or limbs. Many go into the police forces, remain in the National Guard or Army reserves to fulfill their 8-ayear contract. Yes, when anyone enlists, you actually sign-up for 8 years. You can spend the time in the Active military or be released after a 4-year stint and then placed in the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Reserves to complete your contract. There is a special dispensation for certain servicepeople called the IRR or Individual Ready Reserve in which you don't drill one weekend a month, but remain on-call at a moment's notice to be recalled up. I believe officers, when commissioned, have to spend 10 years in the active and ready reserves.

Nevertheless, my point is they are a different breed of soldier than I was. I never saw combat, but was activated during the 1990 Gulf War, but our Combat Engineer Battalion was never called up since the war was over so quickly. These guys are seasoned, relatively young, and used to following orders from a dictatorial point of view. Which resonates with what Qanon is doing. Not to mention AM radio hosts rousing the rabble with half-truths and ------- about how their being f--ked by the government, when they don't realize it's their boss and company they work for who's doing the f--king. And the super-upper-class who've been hoarding money since 1973.

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-18 05:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump started his presidency with his travel ban " insisting on "extreme vetting" of people coming to the U.S. from Muslim countries.

His presidency ends with the FBI conducting "extreme vetting" to make sure the U.S. National Guard doesn't include his lunatic followers.

twitter.com

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2021-01-18 08:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

If Joe Biden is assassinated, we'll see Trump try to step back in.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2021-01-18 09:48 AM | Reply

The beauty of this claim is it's perfect. If something happens, no matter how small, they can use it to target Trump supporters. And if nothing happens, they can credit their vigilance and... use it to target Trump supporters.

#4 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2021-01-18 12:12 PM | Reply

The lady I mentioned the other day with the 80's hair and the quack conspiracy theories said her son is a NG that is now in DC for this. She said something big was going to happen and he had to be there. She is still sure something will go down and that Biden will never be sworn in. I sure hope she is wrong. I will say it doesnt sound like her son is the quack she is, but you never know.

#5 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2021-01-18 12:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | Posted by justagirl_idaho

That still sounds like it is something worth reporting.

#6 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-01-18 12:33 PM | Reply

But who is checking the FBI? And more importantly the SS? I honestly believe the swearing in should be in the House Chamber with a very limited audience and trusted security.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-01-18 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Step one. Let go of anyone and everyone hired over the past four years.

Step two. Arrest Trump. Put him in prison.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2021-01-18 12:38 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

They are checking and re-checking the troops that are being called in. I saw this morning that they are also using bomb sniffing dogs on the military busses and other vehicles entering the gates. I sure hope that if anything untoward was being planned from the inside it is thwarted.

#9 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2021-01-18 02:07 PM | Reply

I'll wager Kamala will be somewhere else during Joe's swearing in and speech, as will Nancy, still number three in line...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2021-01-18 09:58 PM | Reply

Again, Liberals just making up their own nightmares. I don't think anyone would disagree with the fact that America has a lot of deranged people who will do crazy things, it's not just the military. In fact, I would go so far as to say the percentage of military people who would do something like this is incredibly low compared to the rest of the American population. So the only reason this is news is because Liberals scare themselves and then believe their own conspiracies. Very much like the premise of Sound of Silence. You made the monster, don't get mad when that monster becomes a detriment to yourselves.

#11 | Posted by humtake at 2021-01-19 12:28 PM | Reply

#11 | Posted by humtake at 2021

How many windows did you smash at the Capitol?

#12 | Posted by Zed at 2021-01-19 12:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You made the monster

#11 | Posted by humtake

Don't be so modest.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2021-01-19 12:41 PM | Reply

How are they supposed to "vet" them?

Have you ever been a radical Muslim sympathizer or been in any Muslim outfit committed to harming the US?

Duh, no?

#14 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-19 02:59 PM | Reply

They all took an oath to the constitution.

#15 | Posted by Sniper at 2021-01-19 03:04 PM | Reply

I actually feel sorry for all the good and trusted Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, or South Asian people in the services right now. This has got to be a stressing time for them. Ironically , as it turns out, these are "homegrown", fanatic, White Supremacists who are the radicalized, young, fools.

It's no wonder the Jews try to get their men married-off as soon as possible. It keeps them sexually sated enough that they don't want to fight unless it's absolultely necessary. Or by law.

#16 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-19 03:05 PM | Reply

12 Guard members pulled from Biden inauguration due to extremist views, ties with right-wing militia groups
whyy.org

...Twelve U.S. Army National Guard members have been removed from the presidential inauguration security mission after they were found to have ties with right-wing militia groups or posted extremist views online, according to two U.S. officials. There was no threat to President-elect Joe Biden, they said....

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2021-01-19 03:12 PM | Reply

This is not acceptable behavior for US military personnel. After a good reaming by their 1st Sergeant and Captain, they should be sent to the klink for 6 months and given a Bad Conduct Discharge.

#18 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-19 04:01 PM | Reply

As a serviceperson, you give up certain of your Constitution Rights and are judged under the UCMJ--Uniform Code of Military Justice. You do not have the right to free expression. You do not have the 4th ammendment to protect you from unreasonable searches and seizures. You do not have certain 5th Ammendment protections. (Ve haf vays of makingk you talk). And the 6th-through-10th Ammendments have many exceptions that do not afford a serviceperson. I'ts like being on parole or probation during your tour of duty.

I love that spiel by George Carlin...and that was for civilians!

#19 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-19 04:42 PM | Reply

They all took an oath to the constitution.
#15 | POSTED BY SNIPER AT 2021-01-19 03:04 PM
--------------------------------------------

Wrong. Enlisted service personnel take an oath to DEFEND the constitution against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC, and follow every officer appointed over them, including the President, according to the regs of the UCMJ.

Officers also take an oath to DEFEND against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC and the constitution, but do not take an oath to obey senior officers or the President. But the rest of the oath is the same as enlisted personnel.

To wit:

The Oath of Enlistment (for enlisted): "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The Oath of Office (for officers): "I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Before you raise your right hand, make sure you understand what you are swearing or attesting to. The oath of enlistment should not be taken lightly, you will be bound by it for the next 4 to 6 years at a minimum.

www.military.com(for,President%20of%20the%20United%20States