Thursday, January 21, 2021

Amazon is offering its help to President Joe Biden with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines, while seeking to get its employees inoculated "at the earliest appropriate time."

Comments

Maybe they can use drones to drop-ship cases of frozen vaccine onto hospital helipads.

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-22 04:53 AM | Reply

Teach every driver to administer the shots. We'd be done in a week.

#2 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-01-22 12:30 PM | Reply

The letter itself is more about taking care of their team. I am leaning toward it may be more likely, they can provide IT side infrastructure that will drive the delivery logistics. Shipment and delivery side - maybe... This is due to the special shipment methods required for the vaccines - especially Phizer's and they fact that Amazon is still not UPS although they are building their infrastructure.

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2021-01-22 01:38 PM | Reply

Trump deliberately excluded Amazon so this is going to piss him off something royal.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2021-01-22 05:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We live in a country with millions of unemployed people. So, why couldn't we create a training class to enable many of those people to become vaccinators? It could be a win/win transaction, they would qualify for a decent paying job and the rest of us would be more able to get vaccinated. Why am I even asking this question when it should have been thought out and enacted months ago? Because the Trump administration actually did not care about the pandemic or the American people. He was so self-absorbed that everything that wasn't about him was ignored. Now, we have survived his Presidency and we have moved on with Biden who, I am quite confident will, actually make an honest effort to fight this virus. Donald Trump is going to be shown to be so much worse of a President than we even suspected now that we have a real President.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2021-01-23 09:51 AM | Reply

And also, if Amazon wants to help why would anyone object to that? I would welcome any and all assistance they could provide. And realize, under Trump's leadership style, Amazon's help would be rejected because Donald Trump hates Jeff Bezos. As in all things, Trump's feelings towards other people take more importance than the possibility of vaccinating millions more people.

Thank God the Trump Presidency is over, thank God we survived it, and I mourn the 400,000 who didn't survive it. I do not wish him or his family ill will, but I hope we never have to deal with them as leaders of our nation again. I understand that Ivanka is planning to run for the Senate against Marco Rubio, I hate to say it but I will be rooting for Rubio. That plastic woman should never be a Senator.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2021-01-23 09:57 AM | Reply