Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Acting Metropolitan Police Chief Robert J. Contee told the House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday that two police officers have died by suicide since responding to the riot at the Capitol on January 6, according to Contee's opening statement before the committee, which was obtained by CNN.

Comments

What can I say? This is very sad, indeed. I can only imagine they must've felt like they were derelict in their duties. Thanks, Trump, you f----g bum.

#1 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-27 05:25 PM | Reply

They know what they signed up for.

~ Bunker Bitch ~

#2 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2021-01-27 08:43 PM | Reply

Maybe they took the easy way out because they participated in a coup attempt and they knew they'd get found out.

Or maybe they got suicided like Epstein, because dead men tell no tales.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-01-27 08:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

They could also have been experiencing PTSD after a prolonged hand-to-hand combat situation.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2021-01-27 11:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm not saying it was Hillary Clinton...
--Ancient Aliens Guy

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2021-01-27 11:37 PM | Reply

OK

#6 | Posted by snuffy at 2021-01-27 11:48 PM | Reply

Face it,nobody knows why,and it may have been different reasons in each case.

It's too bad though. Why do people decide that dying is better than trying to keep going?

Especially after something like this. Were they at the five yard line for years and this just pushed them over? Or was this such a shock they flipped out?
Two more deaths to add to the Dotard's tally.

#7 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2021-01-28 12:46 AM | Reply

Face it, nobody knows why, and it may have been different reasons in each case.

No doubt you're correct. In my brief existence on this planet, it's been my experience that of the many reasons people speculate as to what impetus causes people to commit suicide, the root of it all...physical and psychological pain: financial ruin, betrayal, jealousy, etc., is guilt.

But, I still try to keep an open mind, because I'm still not 100% sure.

#8 | Posted by madscientist at 2021-01-28 01:49 AM | Reply

I bet this is another ride on the clown car.

I suspect they are actually a pair of Orange Kool-aide overdoses.

CLOWNS don't like to face consequences.

This is not the end of this.

#9 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-01-28 03:18 AM | Reply

Suicide is almost always a manifestation of mental illness. In this case, PTSD probably is at least an element of what was going on with these individuals. I do not like making political hay over mental illness, but if PTSD as a result of the Capitol riot was a contributing factor then, once again, burn in hell Trump.

#10 | Posted by moder8 at 2021-01-28 01:32 PM | Reply

Or it could just be the Second Amendment version of harakiri. It would strike me that any officer who plays a part in getting another officer killed would be in some very deep kimchee.

#11 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2021-01-28 06:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1