Thursday, February 18, 2021

Sen. Ted Cruz flew to Cancun, Mexico, with his family this week as Texas dealt with a winter storm that as of Thursday still has left 500,000 without power, Fox News has confirmed.

Photographs of Cruz, R-Texas, at an airport began circulating on social media late Wednesday, with people alleging that the senator had left the state for Cancun amid a major crisis. A Republican source told Fox News that the allegations Cruz was traveling to the Mexican city are true.

"The photos speak for themselves," the source said.

Comments

His press secretary has said he was only "being a bodyguard for Heidi and the kids".

That is the worst friggin lie I have ever heard.

Great Valu Wolverine couldn't even stand up to a morbidly obese 70 year old who called his wife ugly.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2021-02-18 12:04 PM | Reply

Texans will reelect him in a landslide.

#2 | Posted by Scotty at 2021-02-18 01:14 PM | Reply

It was reported that Senator Ted Cruz requested, and he got, police support when he arrived at the Houston airport with his family. A detail, assigned by the Houston Police Department, accompanied the Senator and his family to their gate, and remained with them until they were safely onboard their flight to Cancun, Mexico. Cruz apparently felt that he needed the additional security due to the events that have occurred over the past couple of months.

OCU

#3 | Posted by OCUser at 2021-02-18 06:47 PM | Reply

I'll never understand the appeal of Cancun. A couple years ago, I was less than a hundred miles away from it, but chose not to go. There are so many better places.

#4 | Posted by sentinel at 2021-02-20 12:54 PM | Reply

Nobody goes to Cancun. It's too crowded.

#5 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-02-20 08:22 PM | Reply

"Nobody goes to Cancun. It's too crowded."

If nobody goes there how is it too crowded?

Kinda like how nobody likes Nickleback but they have 9 platinum albums?

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2021-02-20 08:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Look up YOGI BERRA. ---- children.

#7 | Posted by LegallyYourDead at 2021-02-20 10:12 PM | Reply

Cancun was built with cartel money they need to launder somehow. Fact.

#8 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-02-21 06:51 AM | Reply

#4 | Posted by sentinel

I have an old friend in Merida on the Yucatan. Years ago he hooked my wife and up with friends of his who operate a great place on Cozumel, which is really nice place to relax and vacation. I went to Cancun many years ago and found it to be more of a party city geared towards the college age set. When I learned that Cancun was built almost entirely with cartel money, I never wanted to go back, and haven't.

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2021-02-21 07:02 AM | Reply